Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: Awesome Post by Gabriel, in New Comic - March 3rd 2008

ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better.A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
ZeroFill has reported a post.

Reason:
WRONG
Forum: Social Entropy++
Post: New Comic - March 3rd 2008
Posted by: Gabriel


Original Content:
You have bad taste. My taste is rad. You are wrong about my taste.

Defender wrote: »
Sometimes Gabe & Tycho display amazingly bad taste.

For example, I can't imagine how Assassin's Creed could possibly be MORE fun (by which I mean less boring) if you play through slowly. Like, the whole problem with the game is that the things you do are really repetitive and grind-y, because there's very little variety and you have to do non-assassination-related stuff for a lot of the game. And also the combat blows because you have basically one move. So it seems like the best way to play that is to rush through and see the story events and cutscenes and crap, so that you spend a higher percentage of time doing cool shit, and a lower percentage grinding. Gabe for some reason felt that the game improved as you did less cool shit, and spent more time doing boring crap like fighting guards. (Admittedly, fighting guards would've been fun if the combat system had more than one useful move.)

ZeroFill on

Posts

  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    Oh snap

  • ElkiElki GOBS OF PUKE!!! YES!!!!!!!Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008
    Awesome.

  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What's funny is that I agree about Assassin's Creed. Agree with Gabe I mean.

  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That is beautiful.

    Spoiler:
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What's funny is that I agree about Assassin's Creed. Agree with Gabe I mean.

    As do I. People who were rushing through jsut moving from mission to mission to mission won't have got the same enjoyment out of it as someone who was just soaking up atmosphere.

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    And I loved the combat.

  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2008
    The really funny thing is that it is about Defender.

    2mong9u.jpg
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Gabe does have pretty bad taste sometimes. His favorite webcomic is VGCats.

  • AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    What's funny is that I agree about Assassin's Creed. Agree with Gabe I mean.

    As do I. People who were rushing through jsut moving from mission to mission to mission won't have got the same enjoyment out of it as someone who was just soaking up atmosphere.

    I had the opposite effect. The faster I started going through the game the more fun I had, because I got past the crappy repetitive parts and went straight to the interesting bits (pretty much the Assassinations). The missions themselves were boring and over-simplistic, but the story, concept, free running gameplay and some of the hilarious things that sometimes happen (like a guard spontaneously jumping to his doom) made the game worth it.

    I still enjoyed the game and I don't regret my purchase, but they seriously dropped the ball on the mission variety. They could have made a truly epic game instead of a merely good one had they put more variety and challenge into the missions. I don't think I had a pick pocket mission last more than 10 seconds once I realised a certain trick to them.

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Great now Gabe and Defender are going to argue for twenty pages.

    headthrown.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Oh snap

    steam_sig.png
  • ThelloThello Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Assassin's Creed was pretty terrible, but I suppose having a hand in the collector's edition can mask that fact.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Assassin's Creed was excellent. Kristen Bell was in it. And that's, quite honestly, all that matters. If they made Battlefield Earth 2 with her starring in it, I would probably love it.

    steam_sig.png
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Great now Gabe and Defender are going to argue for twenty pages.

    This is actually a pretty old one, nobody argued afterwards. Super awesome post.

    4484-7718-8470
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i don't get why this is an awesome post

    because it's gabe?

    okay

    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i don't get why this is an awesome post

    because it's gabe?

    okay

    It's because Gabe told off Defender, the Patron Saint of Internet Argument.

    Spoiler:
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's like that time when Gabe posted to say he liked a comic edit.

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Or when Tycho posted.

    Remember that one time?

  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2008
    I remember.

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This?
    Tycho wrote:
    I speak to you now as a man with in posession of a truly breathtaking array of Seussian product with which to edify my son.

    I am told I have you people to thank.

    Or was there another one lost to time and previous versions of the forums?

  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2008
    oh ok two times

  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I find it funny how Gabe and Tycho rarely read the forums, let alone post, but when they do post, some jackass gets owned pretty bad. :D

    steam_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    It's like that time when Gabe posted to say he liked a comic edit.

    What was the comic edit and what did he say?

    0WBv0.png
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It was a buckley edit of the recent ping pong match one

  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I find it funny how Gabe and Tycho rarely read the forums, let alone post, but when they do post, some jackass gets owned pretty bad. :D

    I think that's the only time I've ever seen Gabe get sassy.

    Not that I didn't like it.

    mrsatansig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.