Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: Awesome Post by Gabriel, in New Comic - March 3rd 2008

ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better.A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
ZeroFill has reported a post.

Reason:
WRONG
Forum: Social Entropy++
Posted by: Gabriel

Original Content:
You have bad taste. My taste is rad. You are wrong about my taste.

Defender wrote: »
Sometimes Gabe & Tycho display amazingly bad taste.

For example, I can't imagine how Assassin's Creed could possibly be MORE fun (by which I mean less boring) if you play through slowly. Like, the whole problem with the game is that the things you do are really repetitive and grind-y, because there's very little variety and you have to do non-assassination-related stuff for a lot of the game. And also the combat blows because you have basically one move. So it seems like the best way to play that is to rush through and see the story events and cutscenes and crap, so that you spend a higher percentage of time doing cool shit, and a lower percentage grinding. Gabe for some reason felt that the game improved as you did less cool shit, and spent more time doing boring crap like fighting guards. (Admittedly, fighting guards would've been fun if the combat system had more than one useful move.)

ZeroFill on