As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mac Thread - G3 phone thing is out. Have you heard of it?

1383940414244»

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow all of this mobile me shit is over my head and making me a bit confused.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Like when I got home I got an error about syncing my music folder.

Why the hell would it be syncing that?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My MacBook Pro is giving me beef about repartitioning space for a Windows installation. I made a thread about it. If someone could help out, I'd be super happy.

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • blanknogoblanknogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tw4win wrote: »
    Regarding installing XP on an Intel based Mac...

1) One of my clients has a system where they can boot up in OS X but can access windows based applications (such as Outlook, etc...) without actually switching to a Windows desktop. I'm assuming that somewhere in the background windows is running. How would I set this up and which application (bootcamp, parallels, vmware) is best for this?

2) Assuming the above, how does the mac resolve font issues? Will it use windows fonts (installed in the windows OS) or mac fonts?

3) How much space should I allocate for a Windows installation? Assuming that I'm only going to be using "basic" windows applications (Office, Photoshop, Indesign, Quark, etc...). No games.

4) How much memory would you suggest for running Windows and OSX at the same time with 1 or 2 applications open in each? I currently have 2 gigs and can upgrade to 4.

5) Is is possible to installed a OEM version of windows on a Mac? I have a OEM version that came with my Dell. I'd like to use that (if it's legal) instead of buying another version of XP

1. Bootcamp won't do this. It's either VMWare or Parallels. I ran Parallels in Coherence mode and it does this quite well.

2. You're essentially running Windows in the background, in a mode where the apps are made to work alongside your Mac apps, i.e. fonts are handled by the Windows OS.

3. Depends how much space you have. I'd say 32 gigs is a pretty decent amount, but anywhere from 25-35 seems very reasonable.

4. If you have the option, there is no good reason not get 4 gigs. It'll make it run a lot smoother. I imagine 2 gigs will be passable, but memory is really so cheap.

5. It should work.

blanknogo on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    So yeah, I know it's only 69 pages, but after reading an infraction report you guys need a fresh Mac thread. Something that lacks that old Mac thread stink.

So why don't you go ahead and do that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.