As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SPOILERS in TAGS] MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots - "I'm no hero..."

1565758596062»

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about the people who keep threatening to leave actually get the hell out of here instead of just telling us they are? Because that would be ideal.

As for that MGS4 video

KINDA SPOILERS BUT NOT REALLY
    It was a Codec conversation with Otacon. He informs Snake that it's time to change the disc. "I know, I know, it's an annoying process, but do you see the disc marked Disc 2?"

"No," Snake replies.

Otacon follows with "Oh, that's right! We're on a PlayStation 3. This is a Blu-ray disc; dual-layered too, so there's no need to switch!"

"DAMN IT OTACON, GET A GRIP!"

"Technology is amazing, huh? Makes you wonder what they'll think of next."

Yes! Let's get those damn people who are planning to actually buy the game on the 12th out of the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread, while the rest post spoilers because they're not planning on buying the game at all on release! :D I just find that funny. Nearly everyone posting and pushing spoilers can't or won't be getting the game for some time. I'm not complaining about spoilers, just commenting on that fact. Am I the only one who finds that humorous? :P

Anyways, we really need to get off this subject. We've been bitching for like 20 pages now. Personally, I'm just not going to click any spoilers until I beat the game. Metal Gear Solid 4 is split into chapters, however, so maybe people should start marking them by chapter once the game is out.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Alchemist449Alchemist449 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright, MGS2 down and just 3 to go. I've already read the plots of the original games and MGS1 (the pressure sensitive commands didn't work on my sixaxis) so I knew what was going on. So psyched for this game :D. I won't be able to get it until the 19th but oh well, what can a week do?

Alchemist449 on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dashui wrote: »

Yes! Let's get those damn people who are planning to actually buy the game on the 12th out of the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread, while the rest post spoilers because they're not planning on buying the game at all on release! :D I just find that funny. Nearly everyone posting and pushing spoilers can't or won't be getting the game for some time. I'm not complaining about spoilers, just commenting on that fact. Am I the only one who finds that humorous? :P

Anyways, we really need to get off this subject. We've been bitching for like 20 pages now. Personally, I'm just not going to click any spoilers until I beat the game. Metal Gear Solid 4 is split into chapters, however, so maybe people should start marking them by chapter once the game is out.

So its impossible for someone to be interested in the story without owning a PS3?

parabola on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    parabola wrote: »

So its impossible for someone to be interested in the story without owning a PS3?

Did you not read the part where I said I wasn't fucking complaining? You defensive people on both sides are starting to get annoying.

Dashui on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SO ANYWAY
    Still working on my no alerts/kills/guns run of mgs3. I'm in the weapons lab where you need to get Raikov's clothes. I am stuck. I can manage to put most of the guards to sleep, but when I try to drag Raikov to the lockers, one of them wakes up or one of the few left sees me. The scientist uniform seems useless.
    Does Raikov ever go through the locker room? I could nab him if he does.
    Any of you guys have any tips?

glithert on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    SO ANYWAY
    Still working on my no alerts/kills/guns run of mgs3. I'm in the weapons lab where you need to get Raikov's clothes. I am stuck. I can manage to put most of the guards to sleep, but when I try to drag Raikov to the lockers, one of them wakes up or one of the few left sees me. The scientist uniform seems useless.

You could try popping them again with a tranquilizer when you put down Raikov.

Dashui on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about the people who keep threatening to leave actually get the hell out of here instead of just telling us they are? Because that would be ideal.

As for that MGS4 video

KINDA SPOILERS BUT NOT REALLY
    It was a Codec conversation with Otacon. He informs Snake that it's time to change the disc. "I know, I know, it's an annoying process, but do you see the disc marked Disc 2?"

"No," Snake replies.

Otacon follows with "Oh, that's right! We're on a PlayStation 3. This is a Blu-ray disc; dual-layered too, so there's no need to switch!"

"DAMN IT OTACON, GET A GRIP!"

"Technology is amazing, huh? Makes you wonder what they'll think of next."

I think the point is that this close to release, there's nothing to talk about re: MGS4 if you haven't played the game yet, unless you're discussing spoilers.

Either way, I don't mind the spoilers, and am enjoying the discussion when it happens, and I have my CE copy paid off and ready for me Thursday morning (stupid store won't be doing midnight release)

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just found out that my store will, in fact, be doing a midnight release.

I also work till 12:30 am on Wednesday night/Thursday morning...

I will be there. I just don't know how yet.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SO ANYWAY

glithert on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    Just report the improperly marked spoiler.

But by then it's too late for the person who gets to report it, along with any other innocent bystanders...

Akinos on
  • Options
    BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Does a rocket launcher count as a gun? Cause....ya.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It doesn't count if you have no choice, ie the pain, ocelot, the shagohod...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out a way to get Raikov. Apparently, killing yourself if you get an alert and continuing still counts you as having gotten an alert. Damn. At least I'll know I didn't actually get any.

glithert on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SO ANYWAY

You can use the handkerchief and the cig gas-spray while disguised. Both items can be found under tables in different parts of the weapons lab if you don't have them yet. I don't think Raikov goes into the locker room itself, but he does go through the adjacent room, so you could always just wait and ambush him there.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BuhamutZeo wrote: »
    Does a rocket launcher count as a gun? Cause....ya.

But if you kill Raikov and somebody sees his body, you automatically get a MISSION FAILED. Even if you could kill them before they could hit the alarm.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OK I am going to have to have to steer clear of this thread until I beat MGS4 because apparently people dont know how to tag spoilers.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SO ANYWAY

How does one win with no guns? Surely you need to use a gun for several of the boss fights.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It doesn't count if you have no choice, ie the pain, ocelot, the shagohod...

glithert on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright, MGS2 down and just 3 to go. I've already read the plots of the original games and MGS1 (the pressure sensitive commands didn't work on my sixaxis) so I knew what was going on. So psyched for this game :D. I won't be able to get it until the 19th but oh well, what can a week do?
    MGS1 didn't have pressure sensitive anything my friend.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    GlassjawGlassjaw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone here managed to get a hold of a copy yet, or are the spoilers coming from youtube vid's and other forums? Because the one thing I've been wondering about is whether the Raiden in this game is more likeable and makes up for his character in MGS2, or if his new guise as the new cyborg ninja is their attempt at making him cool and really theyve just tried too hard.

Needless to say I have no idea why hes acting all ninjary, but i guess thats answered in mgs4 and a spoiler in itself?

Glassjaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Glassjaw wrote: »
    Has anyone here managed to get a hold of a copy yet, or are the spoilers coming from youtube vid's and other forums? Because the one thing I've been wondering about is whether the Raiden in this game is more likeable and makes up for his character in MGS2, or if his new guise as the new cyborg ninja is their attempt at making him cool and really theyve just tried too hard.

Needless to say I have no idea why hes acting all ninjary, but i guess thats answered in mgs4 and a spoiler in itself?

I've not read any spoilers about Raiden, but it sounded like (from the Bonus Round discussion on GameTrailers) he gets enough screentime and an interesting enough story to "redeem" the character.

Personally, I never had an issue with him, and have been thrilled since he first showed up in MGS4 trailers, as I wanted to see where they took him after MGS2's ending.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    ApharmdApharmd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Finished MGS3 again a few days ago.

glithert, Raikov does go through the locker room. If you're using the original game camera mode, he'll walk through the left side first (the side with the door to the Shagohod hangar).

You can hide behind wall in front of the locker rows and cig-gas him as he walks by.

Apharmd on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Bit of both. Spoilers are popping up because the street date has been broken in some places, and some people are posting streams of them playing it on GameFAQs and things.

That being said, Raiden does not need to make up for his character in MGS2. Ask any real Metal Gear fan and they'll tell you they've liked Raiden "since the beginning".

And for the people who have disliked Raiden, his new Cyborg outfit isn't "trying too hard" as everyone seems to be eating it up. As for him acting all "ninjary"... Well, leaping around with a sword doesn't make you a Ninja does it? I never understood why Kojima called Gray Fox "cyborg ninja".

Igort on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got snake eater today...

disk read error. D:

Why is the universe conspiring against me and metal gear solid!?

What's sad is that I got snake eater because they couldn't get me god hand. :(

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »

Bit of both. Spoilers are popping up because the street date has been broken in some places, and some people are posting streams of them playing it on GameFAQs and things.

That being said, Raiden does not need to make up for his character in MGS2. Ask any real Metal Gear fan and they'll tell you they've liked Raiden "since the beginning".

And for the people who have disliked Raiden, his new Cyborg outfit isn't "trying too hard" as everyone seems to be eating it up. As for him acting all "ninjary"... Well, leaping around with a sword doesn't make you a Ninja does it? I never understood why Kojima called Gray Fox "cyborg ninja".

I liked Raiden. I didn't like Rose, of course; I don't think anyone did. She kind of brought his whole character introduction to the series down by rambling on about their empty relationship - "empty like your heart!" In the end, I think most people didn't mind the guy, it's just they were shocked not to be playing Solid Snake and so you had so many people complaining about him. Well, Kojima was determined to make him cool, so I can't wait to see how bad ass he fully is on the 12th. I may even go pick this up at the midnight release.

Dashui on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    lol I have to jump on the bandwagon and say it...

TSR was right.

I, too, read the MGS4 spoiler CONTAINED WITHIN A CLEARLY LABELED MG2 SPOILER DISCUSSION. At least, I started reading it, realized the dickwad fucked up and then backed out of it. Thank god TSR was banned for being right. In hindsight, he was a bit overzealous, but he knew what he was talking about. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, dicks.

(meanwhile, I'm not pointing the finger at anyone specifically... I refuse to try and find the person who fucked it up, I don't want to read that spoiler any more than I already did. So, if I'm infracted for bitching about a general group of douchebags, then so be it.)

Fawst on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    Time for a new thread, and as promised I'm infracting the person directly above this post for being off topic after I told people to stop talking about it.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.