Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Invincible Iron Thread: The Movies, The Comics, The Ephemera

1456810

Posts

  • ServoServo Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    alright, fuck it, i'll grab the first trade when i go back to the shop to get the new fraction iron man

    newsigs.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    munch, really? because i just got livewires without realizing it was by the same guy that wrote hypervelocity, and i liked both of them a lot. if empowered is as good as those two, maybe i'll check it out.

    Yeah, if you enjoy some cute relationship drama and a good superhero/superhero culture satire, you should like it. scans_daily has a ton of scans up for it, so check some out before you rush out and buy it.

  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fin Fang Foom would be a great way to tie the Iron Man and Hulk movies together.

    "HULK WANT PANTS BACK!"

    steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, it was weird as hell seeing Tony drinking again in Viva Las Vegas

    heavensidesig80.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

    Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, it was weird as hell seeing Tony drinking again in Viva Las Vegas

    WHAT?!

    EDIT: oh wait...that is suppose to be like a movie spin-off right? sorry, i just got really surprised there for a second

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast Satan!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah it's not in regular continuity

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did it seem to anyone else that Viva Las Vegas only had like 20 word in it total? I mean I love the art but it just seemed like there wasn't much text

  • BogartBogart Mr. Lady Anime Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

    Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

    I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A little cool bonus for those interested in yet another reason to pick up Iron Man Hypervelocity: Due to the way it was colored, with intense red/yellow on cold blue backgrounds, this issue works very well with the old Valiant Vision glasses that came with many of the 90's era Valiant comics.
    So basically, Oh yes, hypervelocity in quasi-3D!!!!!

    donutMachine.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If Elsa Bloodstone goes all Nextwave-y in Viva Las Vegas I will be so happy

    heavensidesig80.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • ServoServo Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

    newsigs.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

    Was that Dum Dum? He didn't have his hat!

    Also, it could be after Secret Invasion as well.

  • ServoServo Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

    Was that Dum Dum? He didn't have his hat!

    Also, it could be after Secret Invasion as well.

    it was dum-dum (you could tell by the mustache), PLUS stark was trying to fuck the contessa, who is also a skrull

    newsigs.jpg
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    What comic are you guys talking about? If you are talking about Viva Las Vegas that comic is set in the movie universe.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What comic are you guys talking about? If you are talking about Viva Las Vegas that comic is set in the movie universe.

    Invincible Iron Man.

  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Ohh my bad I thought folks were talking about the Viva Las Vegas comic....don't mind me.

  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

    Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

    I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

    Ah, I hadn't realised they gave away other titles - what were they?

  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

    Was that Dum Dum? He didn't have his hat!

    Also, it could be after Secret Invasion as well.

    Matt Fraction said in an interview that the first arc takes place before Secret Invasion

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    iron man was an awesome movie

    and the scene with rhodes drunk along with the flight attendants dancing around the stripper poles was awesome

  • BogartBogart Mr. Lady Anime Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

    Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

    I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

    Ah, I hadn't realised they gave away other titles - what were they?

    AD Police, the first Appleseed and a couple of Dirty Pair books. That's what's on my shelf, anyway.

  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I have always liked Iron Man since I realized how awesome I was with him in MvC. Then I grew to love his concept and his character. I am tired of only knowing what I know of him from reading him and his canon's wiki.

    Now I am interested in buying one of those big hardback or paperback collections of his exploits, I think the cool kids call them Tradewinds.

    Are there any certain Iron Man tradewinds(is there only one?) that I should look into? What do you fine folks recommend?

    camo_sig2.png
  • devoirdevoir Registered User
    edited May 2008
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    that article doesn't even know that marvel already locked down a director for thor so

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • devoirdevoir Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Matthew Vaughan's holding contract ended, he's no longer attached to the project.

  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I have always liked Iron Man since I realized how awesome I was with him in MvC. Then I grew to love his concept and his character. I am tired of only knowing what I know of him from reading him and his canon's wiki.

    Now I am interested in buying one of those big hardback or paperback collections of his exploits, I think the cool kids call them Tradewinds.

    Are there any certain Iron Man tradewinds(is there only one?) that I should look into? What do you fine folks recommend?
    http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Iron-Man-Omnibus-HC/dp/0785129006

    I'm pretty sure thats what you're looking for. If not, I'm sorry.

    ach.png
  • SAW776SAW776 Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Iron Man destroyed Speed Racer this weekend. All is right in the world.

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/11/boxoffice.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got the Iron Man trade Demon in a Bottle lately and just finished reading it.

    :^: good stuff.

    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Matthew Vaughan's holding contract ended, he's no longer attached to the project.

    well as of right now my interest in this project has pretty sharply dropped

    but at least there aren't still "TRIPLE H SHOULD PLAY HIM" demands and shit floating around anymore

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

    Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

    I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

    Ah, I hadn't realised they gave away other titles - what were they?

    AD Police, the first Appleseed and a couple of Dirty Pair books. That's what's on my shelf, anyway.

    Damn, wish I'd noticed that! Thanks.

  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SAW776 wrote: »
    Iron Man destroyed Speed Racer this weekend. All is right in the world.

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/11/boxoffice.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories


    I had time to go see one movie this weekend and I had to pick between Speed Racer and seeing Iron Man AGAIN.

    I chose to see Iron Man a second time, and dragged more people with me. So I guess I help support the trend.

    This weekend Prince Caspian comes out and that will probably drop Iron Man to 2nd or 3rd considering it'll be on it's 3rd weekend.

    Then NEXT weekend is Indiana Jones...

    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So this movie was a pretty great way to kick off the best summer ever for comic movies, in my opinion.

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CNN wrote:
    "'Iron Man' is basically pulling everybody's audience. It's really dominating the marketplace," he said.

    Considering Marvel has already declared when the sequel is going to come out, I suspect that the week or two afterwards are going to be barren of new releases that want to make any money.

    sigtwo.png
  • devoirdevoir Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    CNN wrote:
    "'Iron Man' is basically pulling everybody's audience. It's really dominating the marketplace," he said.

    Considering Marvel has already declared when the sequel is going to come out, I suspect that the week or two afterwards are going to be barren of new releases that want to make any money.

    This brought a chuckle to my lips.

    It'll be interesting to see whether Narnia does topple Iron Man. Considering it copped a lot of flack from the adult portion of the audience, it may not do as well the second time around. But then again, I could be entirely wrong.

  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    If Narnia 2 doesn't beat Iron Man at the box office this weekend I will buy a hat and eat it.

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there's no way Narnia isn't the #1 movie this weekend

    and there's no way Indy isn't #1 the week after

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty confident that Indy is going to end up being the top-grossing movie of the year if it's even half decent. I think the only big movie the week after it comes out is the Sex and the City movie.

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty confident that Indy is going to end up being the top-grossing movie of the year if it's even half decent. I think the only big movie the week after it comes out is the Sex and the City movie.

    I don't know, man.

    I'm not sure how hot the nostalgia train is for Indiana Jones anymore, compared to Star Wars or Spider-Man or whathaveyou.

    It probably still will be, but I don't expect it to near any records for some reason...

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When the majority of the movie-going public saw and adored Indiana Jones during the formative years of their lives, I think you'd be hard-pressed to come up with any justification for betting against a sequel.

  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty confident that Indy is going to end up being the top-grossing movie of the year if it's even half decent. I think the only big movie the week after it comes out is the Sex and the City movie.

    Batman, I just have this feeling that the movie is going to play huge.

Sign In or Register to comment.