As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My mom's laptop has been overheating lately.

Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me!Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So yeah. My mom's laptop which is around 3 years old has been overheating lately. By using Speedfan I saw it was running around 42C for the hard drive and the 62-65 range on the main temperture. I blew out all the dust and crap using some compressed air and now it's down to about 35C and 56C, respectively. The main temperture gague is still showing a flame icon. How else could I get the temperture down?

Ramen Noodle on

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If it spends a lot of time on a desk, slip something under the back to prop it up at a slight angle - a pencil, or I use a 3-sided ruler. The extra space between the computer and the desk allows air to flow down there, which should help a little.

I don't recommend doing this while a disc is spinning in the drive though. I don't know that it will cause problems, but I don't know that it won't either.

KalTorak on