As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Microphone refuses to work on Steam!

Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, the day I got a bunch of competitive games on Steam the crappy Ideazon microphone I got with my keyboard just dies. I went out the next day and bought a Logitech Extreme Gaming PC Headset, which isn't the best but it should last long enough. Anyways, the microphone works everywhere (sound recorder, vent) except when I'm playing Steam games such as CS: S and TF2!

I read on the Steam support system that programs like Realtek HD Audio manager will screw up in-game voice. I have that program so I figured out a way to disable it (vis msconfig) and the mic worked in CS: S and I went to bed. I wake up and jump into a game of TF2 and my mic isn't working! After that, I try a game of CS: S and it isn't work there anymore either!

Whenever I go to Options, in either game and choose the Voice tab and edit my options (turn off mic gain, lower the volume) I'll hit apply and then OK but they settings will not save. I close out the options menu and go back to game and nothing has changed, so I go back to my options and they're all set to default again.

Please help!

cliffs:
microphone doesn't work in steam
I tried a bunch of different things but it still doesn't work
please read the post
please help
i love you

Regicid3 on