As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RARGH FUCK THE POLICE ANGER AND OTHER SUCH EMOTIONS

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    Once my dad took my grandpa on a ride-along when he was on patrol one night, and my dad had to chase down some idiot who did something illegal (this is not an important aspect to the story). Apparently while he and a couple other cops were restraining the guy, he was cursing and being an ass, and finally he says, "FUCK YOU I WANNA TALK TO THE FBI"

So my dad goes back to his car, gets my grandpa and tells him that he's an honorary FBI agent for the night. My grandpa walks up to him and says, "Yeah, I'm with the FBI, what the fuck do you want?"

The guy looks at him. "FUCK YOU"

"I WANNA TALK TO THE PRESIDENT"

hahahahahaha

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    my dad got pulled over for running a red light

the cop who pulled him over started laughing his ass off when he saw who it was

(also my dad will not help me out of speeding tickets since none of them were even in the city he works in and also if they were he would get in a lot of trouble)

you don't have an FOP sticker on your car?

this was like fifteen years ago

(also I don't think I do but it's a moot point because it is really hard to speed in my truck at this stage in its lifespan)

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Seriously you stupid motherfuckers

66 in a 65 is speeding

how is it so hard to grasp that going 5-15 mph over a posted limit is against the law

SERIOUSLY are you some kind of retards?

HOW ABOUT DON'T GODDAMN SPEED

your engines are fickle monsters and FOR SOME REASON fluctuate up and down 15 mph because of some goddamn reason? I mean come the fuck on.

Don't be idiots, come on now

this is how people get to

"come on man I wasn't even going double the limit how was I even speeding you gotta let it slide

It much, much easier to just do it and never get caught.

except for that one time where you get caught and start a thread because cops are out to get you

I never get caught because I'm a really good driver and drive with traffic.

sarukun on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    the wook wrote: »
    jwalk wrote: »
    It was on I-40 between Flagstaff and Albuquerque... right at the NM border... so I dunno, whatever reservation that is there.

I think in CA the max speed is 65 in most places, though in some remote areas (like I-40 near Mojave) it's at least 70. As soon as you cross into Arizona there it's 75.

Maybe I-5 too. I've driven that many times, it's not uncommon to see people doing 85-90, and faster early in the morning or late at night...

Technically if the speed limit was a "Maximum Speed" then anything over... 1mph even... is technically speeding. I think everything over 55 is "Max speed". Under that CA has a "posted speed" where you can legally exceed the posted limit as long as it's safe. Basically the cop has to make a case that your speed was unsafe. But I mean, getting off is a crapshoot.. depends on if the judge is getting any that day... I've gotten off on a 60 in a 35, but had to do traffic school for a 39 in a 30...

see the shitty part is that i can't argue the ticket safely. by appearing in front of a judge, i waive my right to traffic school. so while i think i can make my case that i was going with traffic, i can't afford to risk losing.
    There are actually two different speed laws in Cali. There's a maximum speed violation (you're not ever allowed to go over the posted speed limit) and then there's a basic speed law violation (you're not allowed to go faster than is safe for conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit). You almost certainly got written up for violating the posted limit, Wook, for which "going with the flow of traffic" isn't a defense.

oh i know. but judges are more lenient on max speed violations if you're traveling with the flow of traffic. safety isn't speed limit no matter what, safety is minimizing speed differential between vehicles.

the wook on
  • Options
    BeyondBeyond Nerd Slayer In the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I do not like police

My life has featured several thrilling escape scenes which involved panicking teenagers and fat police officers

maybe you should quit being a dick

Maybe those pigs should quit harshin' my mellow

I concure

concur

conquer

conker

conquistador

Beyond on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

defending his chosen profession and set of values
    No one is arguing that a cop isn't legally in the right for writing you that ticket for doing 66 in a 65.

We're just saying he's a dick for doing it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i want to be a cop but i'm not in shape, i'd look ridiculous, and i don't have a driver's license

i can do something about two of the three!

I was pretty interested in doing something Police/law related.
    Except I wouldn't want to be an actual police officer, more like, behind the scenes kind of thing.
    Apparently you have to do like a years worth of voluntary service and then the police training anyway.

ascot on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

Oh come the fuck on, like you've never sped or done anything illegal.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

66 in a 65 is speeding

how is it so hard to grasp that going 5-15 mph over a posted limit is against the law

your engines are fickle monsters and FOR SOME REASON fluctuate up and down 15 mph because of some goddamn reason? I mean come the fuck on.

"come on man I wasn't even going double the limit how was I even speeding you gotta let it slide

I'm not bitching that I don't deserve it. I'm bitching 'cause I got caught.

Also it's totally not speeding

the wook on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    people who are dicks to the cops when they pull them over are simultaneously the worst and the dumbest people around

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PS: just because something is illegal doesn't make it rightfully illegal.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

No one is arguing that a cop isn't legally in the right for writing you that ticket for doing 66 in a 65.

this whole situation is solvable by not goddamn speeding

also I'm pretty sure nobody's ever successfully had a 66 in a 65 ticket

Raneados on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

its his job to do it

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, Rane, are you planning on being a cop?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SkyHawk EcksSkyHawk Ecks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I didn't know speeding was such a taboo to some people.

I will speed if I damn well please. You just get the fuck over or you're going to get flashed with my brights.

Do you people get mad if I toss my soda can into a regular trash bin instead of a recycling? OH NOES

SkyHawk Ecks on
    extendedbanner1.jpg
    4639-8653-8054
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Callius wrote: »
    PS: just because something is illegal doesn't make it rightfully illegal.

this is a really dangerous path to walk down though

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008

(also my dad will not help me out of speeding tickets since none of them were even in the city he works in and also if they were he would get in a lot of trouble)

(also I don't think I do but it's a moot point because it is really hard to speed in my truck at this stage in its lifespan)

geebs how old are you

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

oh I have

but if I'd have gotten caught I'd have been like

Yeah they got me. Nice catch.

Raneados on
  • Options
    BeyondBeyond Nerd Slayer In the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

Cum the fuck on what? Your dragon ride?
    dunna dunna dunna dunna Batpan!

Beyond on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

its his job to do it
    No, his job is to protect and serve the public. Pulling over a guy for doing 66 in a 65 is doing neither of those, it's just going off on a power trip, probably because he has to compensate for other areas of his life where he is lacking.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

66 in a 65 is speeding

I go up to 4 miles over the speed limit, but other than that I don't speed much. Except a couple times going 10-15 over but had I gotten a ticket those times you wouldn't hear me bitching about it.

But if I am going 35 in a 35 mph zone, and a dude rides my ass, and I speed it up to 40, and he still rides my ass, I will slow down to 30 or less.

And come to almost complete stops at turns.

Because fuck him he shouldn't be a fucking dick. I'll go a little over if you get close and then back off once I speed up. But if you're gonna keep tailgating me you can go fuck yourself with a rosebush.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    unlike philadelphia where i'd get honked and cussed at

did you cuss back

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

geebs how old are you

I remember that story because we were going to some free swim thing at the local pool complex for the families of city workers

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    684 North about 45 minutes outside of NYC at 3am.

I'm running very very very late for my curfew. Senior year of high school, dating a girl that lives about an hour from me and it was a weeknight, normally....this wouldn't have been a problem.

My father's 1994 4 door accord and I are hauling so much ass I fail to pay attention to the fact that I'm doing 115.

It came to my attention, however, when I see flashing blues and reds behind me.

The following is a direct quote from the officer upon reaching my window:

"You better be bleeding from the fucking head to be driving that fast."

I explained the situation, namely how my father was going to kill me, and he knocked it down and let me go. By rights, he could have taken the car and I for a drive to jail for the night.

85 in a 55? Yes officer, thank you officer, no I will never ever do it again officer.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I will speed if I damn well please. You just get the fuck over or you're going to get flashed with my brights.

Do you people get mad if I toss my soda can into a regular trash bin instead of a recycling? OH NOES

for people like you I slow down a little, just to see you LOSE IT behind the wheel because you're not getting to your destination those 20 seconds faster

and all th while I am giggling like a madman and watching you thrash about in your seat while I listen to queen and sing

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

geebs how old are you

I remember that story because we were going to some free swim thing at the local pool complex for the families of city workers

oh i thought you were talking about you getting pulled over

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    going 80 instead of 60 saves me a good hour whenever I am coming from/going home during breaks

so yeah

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    unlike philadelphia where i'd get honked and cussed at

did you cuss back

no, i'm polite

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

for people like you I slow down a little, just to see you LOSE IT behind the wheel because you're not getting to your destination those 20 seconds faster

and all th while I am giggling like a madman and watching you thrash about in your seat while I listen to queen and sing

see and you think we're assholes. we don't care how you drive so long as we can go fast. why you gotta fuck with us?

the wook on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

its his job to do it
    No, his job is to protect and serve the public. Pulling over a guy for doing 66 in a 65 is doing neither of those, it's just going off on a power trip, probably because he has to compensate for other areas of his life where he is lacking.

no, his job is to uphold the law of his jurisdiction. somebody breaks the law whey they break the speed limit. whether the cop will let it slide or not, its not his fault that the person decided to step on the gas just a little bit harder

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

its his job to do it

little helper for those that don't know Thanatos

we suspect that a policeman once took all of Thanatos's pot and flushed it down the toilet in front of him because wow does he has a bitch stick for cops

Cops also have the duty to enforce laws, thanatos. Don't be dumb

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    684 North about 45 minutes outside of NYC at 3am.

I'm running very very very late for my curfew. Senior year of high school, dating a girl that lives about an hour from me and it was a weeknight, normally....this wouldn't have been a problem.

My father's 1994 4 door accord and I are hauling so much ass I fail to pay attention to the fact that I'm doing 115.

It came to my attention, however, when I see flashing blues and reds behind me.

The following is a direct quote from the officer upon reaching my window:

"You better be bleeding from the fucking head to be driving that fast."

I explained the situation, namely how my father was going to kill me, and he knocked it down and let me go. By rights, he could have taken the car and I for a drive to jail for the night.

85 in a 55? Yes officer, thank you officer, no I will never ever do it again officer.
    I got pulled over by a cop while I was doing about 105 in a 65 very late at night. I was expecting to go to jail and have the car impounded.

I think he hit the SUV in front of me with the radar gun instead of me, because when he came up to the door and asked me if I knew how fast I was going, and I said "no" (which was a lie), he said "well, I got you doing 85."

I have never been so happy to get a ticket in my life.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    every time there's a cop discussion, Thanatos goes apeshit

Raneados on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    plus going really fast is fun and I am confident that I will not get in an accident

also confident that if I get in an accent I won't be injured

also confident that if I am injured it won't be major

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    every time there's a cop discussion, Thanatos goes apeshit

just don't mention farmers

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

If you flash me with your brights I will slow down until you turn them off.

You are what is wrong with the road.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    plus going really fast is fun and I am confident that I will not get in an accident

also confident that if I get in an accent I won't be injured

also confident that if I am injured it won't be major

what about other people?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    is this going to turn into that whole "I am better at driving at top speeds than other people" thing because we had one of those a few months ago and it didn't go well for that guy

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    there goes crazy ol Rane

its his job to do it
    little helper for those that don't know Thanatos

we suspect that a policeman once took all of Thanatos's pot and flushed it down the toilet in front of him because wow does he has a bitch stick for cops

Cops also have the duty to enforce laws, thanatos. Don't be dumb
    They also have a duty to maintain the public trust. Being a douchebag pulling shit like that makes people not like cops, which makes their job when they're actually trying to do something productive much, much harder.

And the worst I've ever gotten from a cop is a speeding ticket, though I appreciate the implied ad hominem that the only possible reason to not like cops is because I'm a criminal.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    is this going to turn into that whole "I am better at driving at top speeds than other people" thing because we had one of those a few months ago and it didn't go well for that guy

too soon

Garlic Bread on