As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    This sounds like something I totally want to do, but I'll need a suitable forum avatar.

Japanese symbol for power is a backwards swastika, too almost-swastika for a button? =(

Moar leik "zwastika", amirite?

redhalo on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If someone can find like a Vietnam War and/or Korean War-like background to place in the shark there; personally that would be sweet.

I think this might work:
    sharkgunsu7.jpg

MaoChan on
    edited June 2008
    Alright I called PureButtons.com and talked to the dude there.

So to answer some questions:

Preview shows black: usually due to a multilayer CMYK file that can't be displayed on the web. Everything should be cool.

Do I need to flatten the file: They prefer if you would.

Do I need to include the black template lines:
    No take them out.

He said they actually look at each item being processed so its not like a machine will mess it up, they will center it and make it look good. Hope this helps out some people's questions.

MaoChan on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    If someone can find like a Vietnam War and/or Korean War-like background to place in the shark there; personally that would be sweet.

I think this might work:
    sharkgunsu7.jpg

Yeah I like that.

Atlus Parker on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    fucking awesome. That will be my button come payday.

MaoChan, I love you

The_Reflection on
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan, I love you

Another follower has been born.... Mwahahahaha.

Glad I could help.

MaoChan on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan: Thanks for the mad info on buttons. I'll order mine today!

MR.T on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am SO tempted to get in on this now. but I still need to order my shoes. :(

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited June 2008
    It's official! I ordered 50 sweet buttons today! Thanks to all who helped and whoever figures out the promo code. I'll post a pic when I get them. They should look a little something like this:
    m_dcf4903a32b4e5f3d8e90c9884c56d57.jpg
    Without the lines, or course.

MR.T on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    behemothbuttonnj8.th.jpg

What do you people think?

Viscountalpha on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    behemothbuttonnj8.th.jpg

Couldn't you use the brown space to include your name, and thus avoid pasting in a screengrab from the forum? Taaaacky... :wink:

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    behemothbuttonnj8.th.jpg

Couldn't you use the brown space to include your name, and thus avoid pasting in a screengrab from the forum? Taaaacky... :wink:

Its reasonably modified actually. The screen grab is supposed to be humorous. I was tempted to put MLG there instead (in the game the behemoth grabs the guy on the pedestal and descends forever.)

Viscountalpha on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »

I think this might work:
    sharkgunsu7.jpg

Yeah I like that.
    fucking awesome. That will be my button come payday.

Wow. Someone actually took my suggestion? And is gonna purchase it as a button??

...Miracle.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn... you know, I was worried that my buttons were going to come out looking horrible because of the preview... but take a look!

vendalbutton.jpg

Purebuttons does a really, really good job. I'm impressed.

I'm keeping one and sending the rest over to redhalo first thing tomorrow morning... so if you want one, find him at PAX! (Unless I somehow win that contest on some razor-thin shred of possibility)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ... so if you want one, find him at PAX! (Unless I somehow win that contest on some razor-thin shred of possibility)

You will totally win. This is one of the rare times that I am optimistic.

And awesome-looking button.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2008
    Thanks! Yeah, it came out exactly as I had wanted it to, which I was both grateful for and somewhat surprised by, given how bad the preview image looked. =)

It's a little dark, and the name's a bit small (I don't think you could read it or make out much more than the background of the button if you're standing less than a shoulder's length away from it), but it's a big scene packed into a small button. =)

VThornheart on
    edited June 2008
    It's a little dark, and the name's a bit small (I don't think you could read it or make out much more than the background of the button if you're standing less than a shoulder's length away from it), but it's a big scene packed into a small button. =)

I can see it perfectly fine on the screen. But I am sure it's different when seeing it in person. But either way, we will know it's you! ^_^

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2008
    VThornheart, very nice job. Hopefully you will be there in person to trade.

BTW if anyone else needs button help, feel free to hit me up.

MaoChan on
    edited June 2008
    I Like, VT! I'll have to find redhalo and get one. I hope mine turn out that nice.

MR.T on
    edited June 2008
    Oh, they will. Those Purebuttons guys rock! =)

Ugh, I woke up late, have to go mail these out!

VThornheart on
  • lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm just wondering how long the turn-around time is from pressing the order button to getting your buttons in the mail. I want to figure out the absolute last day to order so I know when would be too late. How long did it take for you guys to get your buttons?

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
    edited June 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how long the turn-around time is from pressing the order button to getting your buttons in the mail. I want to figure out the absolute last day to order so I know when would be too late. How long did it take for you guys to get your buttons?

Mine took 14-20 business days...I do not remember the exact days specifically; but around that time.

EDIT:

I looked back in the thread...10 days total. From when I ordered it (May 27th) to when I received it (June 6th)

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2008
    Aye, ten days for me as well, almost on the dot... I had to look back at my "I ordered it" post as well to find out when I had done it.

It's funny, I felt like it was a LOT longer. Maybe it was just the anticipation, I felt like I'd waited for a long time. But ten days really is a good turnaround time for basically creating a junkload of buttons off of an image sent over the internet. I'm doubly impressed! =)

VThornheart on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    I heard mention of a promotional code a few days ago. What's that all about?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, I'm trying hard to get my baby pic from my parents so I can rescan it at a higher resolution. The version I have I digitized so long ago I think the scanner used a parallel port.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2008
    Oh yeah, on the OP there's a code... I think it was Winter08 or something like that. You get 10% off, and it works! It be a good thing. =)

Ack, and I forgot to bring the buttons with me this morning as I ran out the door! I'll have to mail them tomorrow.

VThornheart on
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    When purchasing, use coupon code "Winter0708" for 15% off!

Atlus Parker on
    edited June 2008

For gods sake Moe, that's the second thing that you've asked for that has been in the OP since like the second week of this thread. Hell of a moderator you are.

P.S.
    I love you, don't ban me. <3

redhalo on
    edited June 2008
    Well now that I've looked at the OP, there's 2 button images that have broken links and Moonrush appears in there twice. Also, you might as well remove the options that aren't purebuttons because they suck and purebuttons doesn't :P

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2008
    Well now that I've looked at the OP, there's 2 button images that have broken links and Moonrush appears in there twice. Also, you might as well remove the options that aren't purebuttons because they suck and purebuttons doesn't :P

Also change some of the folks who already have their buttons--VT, for example--from their trial images to their actual button images; so they won't be as big. If you totally want to, that is.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2008
    Yes, smaller images are good

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    and maybe add some people who are joining. i.e. Me :p

JonnyNero on
    edited June 2008
    Alright, images are as up to date as I am aware of. I'm contemplating weeding out the participant list to only include people who have posted an image so as to keep it orderly and easily countable. I would imagine as PAX draws closer we will get a ton of people who say they will participate but don't follow through. What's the forum's opinion?

EDIT: Scratch that idea. I'm keeping everyone on the list, but creating a three tier system.

redhalo on
    edited June 2008
    People are usually a lot of talk so I'd wait until they post their template to add them to the list that way it stays current.

Also, alphabetize the list. Please. :[

Atlus Parker on
    edited June 2008

...We are so anal-retentive. I find that so funny.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2008
    People are usually a lot of talk so I'd wait until they post their template to add them to the list that way it stays current.

Bah, I like my chaotic order (oxymoron), it shows favouritism to early adopters.

redhalo on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I still want to make a button, but A: I can't find a bigger version of my current pic to make one from and B: I broke my elbow this weekend which makes playing with/making anything in photoshop difficult. :(

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited June 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Bah, I like my chaotic order (oxymoron), it shows favouritism to early adopters.

Wahoo for Chaotic organization!

And "I ain't no ox moron."

CaptainTapole on
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    favouritism
    Why is someone from Florida using UK English? It's like listening to Madonna talk in her ridiculous accent. It must be stopped before this forum becomes unintelligible rhyming slang!

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
    edited June 2008
    favouritism
    Why is someone from Florida using UK English? It's like listening to Madonna talk in her ridiculous accent. It must be stopped before this forum becomes unintelligible rhyming slang!

...Don't make me say "murderer." I sounded like a cross between a Brooklyn-Girl and a Valley-Girl.

CaptainTapole on
This discussion has been closed.