As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firfox doesn't download anymore. [WTF?]

victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Well for some strange reason, Firefox just doesn't download anything anymore.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that didn't work. Tried restarting my computer in a vein attempt to get it to work, it didn't.

Internet Explorer downloads files just fine. It's just Firefox for some strange reason. Anybody encounter this before?

I'm stumped. And no I'm not infected with anything.

It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
victor_c26 on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Install the Download Statusbar and see what it does.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Does it do anything instead? If you click on a link to download does it just do nothing or do you get an error or do you get some other message at all?

Daenris on
  • Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try doing a clean install (check the website, but you'll have to delete some folders in your settings folders).

Reiten on
  • Options
    victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Reiten, that did the trick.

I uninstalled Firefox, nuked my profile in the user folder, and reinstalled. Works like a charm now.

Thanks again guys.

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.