As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Treatment trials (England)

LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
For the last three years I’ve suffered from an ‘unknown’ disease that the doctors I’ve been seeing have classified as severe IBS as well as a urinary condition that has been given an equally inexact diagnosis. For the IBS, they have run out of tests to carry out, referred me on to a dietician and given me medication to reduce the symptoms.

The quality of life, the IBS has reduced me to, is low as I am in constant discomfort with frequent flare ups. So if the dietician is unable to reduce or eliminate the symptoms I want to look into going on to IBS medical trials. I have a number of questions regarding this. Who would it be best to talk to in relation to this? Will the fact that I miraculously developed a urinary complaint, and allergies to many of the food groups at the same time affect my chances of being accepted? Will I have to come off the drugs I’m currently taking whilst on the trial? Anything else important that I'm overlooking?

Leitner on

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One of my colleagues has/had IBS, was recommended hypnosis by her GP. It worked really well - she'd had loads of tests done, and been on all sorts of drugs that didn't help much. Somehow, the hypnosis worked really well.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."