As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Okay, Neverending Story Phalla.

Who wants to make it happen?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Never saw it when I was kid.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    There's no actual lists for minis. As far as I know you just say you want to run one and wait for your turn to come. They come and go pretty fast so there's no need for a long list.

Unless Toxic Toys is ready/serious with the Queen phalla, I believe I'm next once weathered's phalla ends :P

Next week I should be ready and able.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm very sorry for you. It must be rough having failed at life at such an early age.

Neverending Story Phalla would be a decent "all special" game theme. Since pretty much everybody was unique in some fashion.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm very sorry for you. It must be rough having failed at life at such an early age.

Neverending Story Phalla would be a decent "all special" game theme. Since pretty much everybody was unique in some fashion.
    Hey. Fuck you.

The 3rd one was the only one released after I was born. So, nyah.

Gorilla Salad on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    okay well, id like to be put on the end of the list for a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the good one with Gene Wilder, not the pedophillic one with Johnathan Depp) mini-phalla.

if one hasn't been done before.

The_Reflection on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    okay well, id like to be put on the end of the list for a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the good one with Gene Wilder, not the pedophillic one with Johnathan Depp) mini-phalla.

if one hasn't been done before.

There is no miniphalla list.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was gonna open a Punch Out mini after the Twisp and Catsby one ended, but if people would rather play some Willy Wonka first I wouldn't mind.

Goose! on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    before I forget, sign up for another main in the distant future.

not going to bother listing a theme because let's face it, I'm going to change it fifty times before the game rolls around.

Hylianbunny on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Did I forget to !signup to host again? D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I should probably PM you with some ideas for that Phantastic Phour phalla some time, HB ... D:

Wildcat on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    no no no, willy wonka is still being created, i thought there were a bunch of people in front of me

i am no where near ready to start this game

The_Reflection on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Sign up

In my next game I want the players to be able to throw each other out of the thread itself

Gumpy on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    !Sign up

In my next game I want the players to be able to throw each other out of the thread itself

That sounds like it would be suckage for inactivity...

Unearthly Stew on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Sign up

Sounds like it'd work for a Disgaea mechanic.

...:whistle:

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited October 2008
    !Sign up

They'd be able to crawl back in |:

Gumpy on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    !Sign up

Sounds like it'd work for a Phantom Brave mechanic.

...I'm just sayin'. I would've loved to play in Phalla of Darkness, and I would sign up for another NIS-themed Phalla in a second.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited October 2008
    Ianator wrote: »
    !Sign up

...I'm just sayin'. I would've loved to play in Phalla of Darkness, and I would sign up for another NIS-themed Phalla in a second.

I don't know about Phantom Brave as a game itself(though I was more than happy to include Marona and Ash in PoD), though I can tell you that we're not done with Disgaea.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please to be changing the theme for my phalla to STARSHIP TROOPERS!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited October 2008
    Ianator wrote: »
    !Sign up

I don't know about Phantom Brave as a game itself(though I was more than happy to include Marona and Ash in PoD), though I can tell you that we're not done with Disgaea.

The main character lives on?

Gumpy on
    edited October 2008
    We'll see. For what it's worth, I have it on good authority that Love Justice Earth Shine is still topping the Netherworld sales charts.
    Please to be changing the theme for my phalla to STARSHIP TROOPERS!

Epic.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So would that be Starship Troopers as in the novel or as in the vaguely-related film of the same name?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited October 2008
    That's actually what I'm deciding. Depending on what I pick it could be on an entirely different scale.

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    That's actually what I'm deciding. Depending on what I pick it could be on an entirely different scale.
    There is assuredly a right choice and a wrong choice in this decision. My entire opinion of you and your ability to henceforth have opinions at all is on the line....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    There is assuredly a right choice and a wrong choice in this decision. My entire opinion of you and your ability to henceforth have opinions at all is on the line....

...Book?

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    You may continue to have opinions.

I demand power armor shenanigans.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    The book has power armor?

Exo-Squad?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited October 2008
    Yea, it's the earliest mention I know of for what amounts to Space Marines. That and Armor.

I'm not positive how to cast the book into a Phalla though. My first guess would be a small group of MI dropped on a skinny planet with the village being the skinnies desperately trying to stop the horrible horrible rape.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    It would be kind of difficult to conceal being a bug.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited October 2008
    It would be kind of difficult to conceal being a bug.
    In the book they aren't really Tyranid hive mind dudes so much as intelligent insectiods. They use weapons and technology and all that jazz.

Really the humans and skinnies are pretty hugely different as well. Basically you'd have to cast the vote as nuking a sector represented by a player with the bad guys meaning it contained a Marine. They're supposed to be such bad assess that a platoon of marines is enough to seriously fuck a planet. The same could work for the bugs but they use numbers much more than the scary concentrated power of a Mobile Infantry soldier.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    I haven't actually read the book yet, but am now inspired to.

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    I haven't actually read the book yet, but am now inspired to.
    It's got some good stuff in it but be prepared for a lecture at times. The lectures are decent food for thought but are a marked difference from the hopping around the planet being solidly bad ass sections.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    Soooo.... I'm probably gonna need a cohost...

TheLawinator on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Soooo.... I'm probably gonna need a cohost...

Dibs!

Hylianbunny on
    edited October 2008
    Well, I could have 2 cohosts...

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    I do love the movie, but I also haven't read the book.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The book is good, the movie is way way different. My suggestion would just base it off what you know and not try to work in both or whatever.

M.D. on
  • JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am a big fan of the book, and would be happy to help cohost if you're doing a mini, since I am also hoping to get insight into how phalla hosting works before doing one myself. I'm already in the queue for a main, though, and won't be able to do anything until after November 4th regardless.

edit -- Just checked the queue and you're well ahead of me (although I guess still, uh, about six months away). I'm totally down to help if you'd like.

JustPlainPavek on
    edited October 2008
    I am a big fan of the book, and would be happy to help cohost if you're doing a mini, since I am also hoping to get insight into how phalla hosting works before doing one myself. I'm already in the queue for a main, though, and won't be able to do anything until after November 4th regardless.

edit -- Just checked the queue and you're well ahead of me (although I guess still, uh, about six months away). I'm totally down to help if you'd like.
    Oh yea, we've got plenty of time. If you have any ideas feel free to throw them at me, that goes to anybody really.

TheLawinator on
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
This discussion has been closed.