As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who's up next with the mini?

I've got one ready to go if no one else is in line.

Thetheroo on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I might be running a Dune mini some time in the future.

I need some time to refamiliarize myself with the writing style of the first two books of the series though.

Also Brian Herbert never happened.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    So I might be running a Dune mini some time in the future.

I need some time to refamiliarize myself with the writing style of the first two books of the series though.

Also Brian Herbert never happened.

That is the wisest course of action.

Thetheroo on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Plut I need you to reserve me a spot in that game. Seriously.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So... EvilBadman is on tap to run PHALLANOIA!² next? I... I think I need to get my grudge on. :P

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So who do I ask now to start my mini phalla?

Goose! on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The following has been cleared for ULTRAVIOLET clearance.
    TROUBLESHOOTING INVOLUNTARY SIGN UP HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO MAJOR PATCH IMPLEMENTATION. BLIZZARD THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Updated order of list, sent out pokes to 3-5.
    Goose! wrote: »
    So who do I ask now to start my mini phalla?

cj

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shining so bright... shining without light.

And there was war once again.

When the war was over, they hid from one another.

In hiding they remain today.

For the Jyhad continues still.

And none will say when He will rise again, from his sleep in the earth,
    and call for the city Gehenna.

The Jyhad continues still.

Signups will be tomorrow night.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not real clear on what the theme entails, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

EDIT: Oh, it's V:TM. Most intriguing.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Since there were survivors, my next game is going to be a Phallastar Phallactica phalla again. Possibly with Hylianbunny as co-host again (unless he desperately wants to play), although he does not know this yet.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Shining so bright... shining without light.

And there was war once again.

When the war was over, they hid from one another.

In hiding they remain today.

For the Jyhad continues still.

And none will say when He will rise again, from his sleep in the earth,
    and call for the city Gehenna.

The Jyhad continues still.

Signups will be tomorrow night.

awesomesauce

Egos on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please to be changing the theme for my phalla to STARSHIP TROOPERS!

The damn bugs whacked us Johny!

JPants on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anyone want to help me run my game when my turn comes up?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would love to, but I want to play in it too badly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It'd be fun to play a game of "phantasy phalla" (like fantasy football)... where you pick people starting in a game of phalla and based on the # of days that they live and whether they were good or evil you get points and play a league and stuff...

it'd be a fun metagame on top of the existing games...

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It'd be fun to play a game of "phantasy phalla" (like fantasy football)... where you pick people starting in a game of phalla and based on the # of days that they live and whether they were good or evil you get points and play a league and stuff...

Hehe, yeah, I floated that idea around many months ago, but it never quite got off the ground. Even though it was floating...

Anyhoo, I think I have some ideas for scoring and whatnot written down somewhere. The problem is that only a few people could play in it, and also, it could possibly interfere with actual gameplay, so I dunno.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2008

Hehe, yeah, I floated that idea around many months ago, but it never quite got off the ground. Even though it was floating...

Anyhoo, I think I have some ideas for scoring and whatnot written down somewhere. The problem is that only a few people could play in it, and also, it could possibly interfere with actual gameplay, so I dunno.

It might work as a mini, one mini slot goes to the game and the other goes to the "Phantasy Phalla."

Thetheroo on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »

It might work as a mini, one mini slot goes to the game and the other goes to the "Phantasy Phalla."

Well, no, I mean that if I'm a vigilante and I'm not sure who to kill on a certain day between TehSpectre and Ardor, if Ardor is on my opponent's team, then I might kill him instead.

It would at least provide a bit more reasoning behind Day 1 votes. I mean, reasoning that is irrelevant to the actual game, but reasoning nonetheless.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2008
    Same with me. Though I could possibly be persuaded. I've been scheming about a potential Persona Phalla myself, and have talked with cj iwakura and Drez about their DDS game plans... so it's been on my mind lately.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008

Well, no, I mean that if I'm a vigilante and I'm not sure who to kill on a certain day between TehSpectre and Ardor, if Ardor is on my opponent's team, then I might kill him instead.

It would at least provide a bit more reasoning behind Day 1 votes. I mean, reasoning that is irrelevant to the actual game, but reasoning nonetheless.

Maybe the teams could be PM'd to the phantasy game runner and people's teams are revealed as players die in other phallas..

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
    edited October 2008
    Phantasy Phalla...

I'd also imagine that you'd get points for betting on them being a particular role and then them turning out to be that role...

guessing village and having them be village would be a slight bonus (but it's likely).. guessing neutral of evil and being right would be a higher bonus.. then maybe guessing something like vig or seer would be even higher... of course with some phallas, those roles are less well defined so that might make scoring problematic..

weatheredclown on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That doesn't sound like a fantasy sport. You don't get points for guessing what position someone plays.

And since roles are completely random, it would just be random points given to random people. Bad.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... Intrade Phalla... ohohohoho.

EDIT with substance!: Good guys have to earn more money than the baddie insider traders... could be very strategic, or a complete mess.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You could just give out points for each day survived and then points each time someone used a power and it helped their objective. And then points for winners.

Goose! on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is it just me, or does it seem like someone should run a Heroes Phalla... I would but I'm not sure how good I would be at it.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited October 2008
    There was one and a half of them in SE++, sort of.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    You could just give out points for each day survived and then points each time someone used a power and it helped their objective. And then points for winners.

A problem for such a system would rest in the fact that often times, superior players are killed off early (depending on who wields the killing power), leaving inactives alive much longer in the game. In this hypothetical, this would unduly reward people who have little put effort into the game, which is probably not what you're going for.

Also, "used a power and it helped their objective" is really subjective. What may look like a poor use early on, may be a key factor in victory later on.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Same with me. Though I could possibly be persuaded. I've been scheming about a potential Persona Phalla myself, and have talked with cj iwakura and Drez about their DDS game plans... so it's been on my mind lately.

I actually have no intention of playing in your game, and could be quite easily persuaded as long as I don't really have to actually do things.

Frosteey on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I find this idea hilarious. We should totally do it. Or if people are uncomfortable with meta-influence, run a series of minis dedicated to supporting the league stuff and leave main games out of it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think the idea of a meta phalla is kinda cool.

The problem is going to be that the meta-phalla will influence the way the game is played. Like, game altering decisions where people balance the meta-game vs the mini, and decide the meta game is more important. So situations like: "I'm in the mafia with 4 guys from the other team. Screw this, I'm outing them to my teammates", and the village scores a decisive victory.

So you'd need to dedicate the game(s) to only meta players... taking up a meta slot for only a subset of the phalla playing population, while the rest either can't play or are missing half of what is going on.

And yes, I totally believe that the main phallas should be 100% exempt from any meta thing that's run. Unless you can get 100% particiapation for the meta game in the main phalla without denying anyone the right to play the main one.

El Skid on
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, I'll jot this idea down for AL•PHA•LLA 2. Might work better in that kind of environment.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, I'll jot this idea down for AL•PHA•LLA 2. Might work better in that kind of environment.

Now THAT is an excellent idea.

Makes people playing for only some of the AL PHALLAS a bit of a pain, but I'm sure you could work this out somehow, Mr.B.

Probably using some sort of uber spreadsheet :P

El Skid on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

That would be a good way to keep the veteran players from being repeatedly Day1'd, but on the other hand it takes some of the fun out of it. How do I decide whether I want Prinny Tribunal or PipBoy2008 on my team? It's basically tossing darts...

...unless you did a series of alt games where each player keeps the same alt the whole time, so they can develop their own reputations. That could work.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm currently looking for a veteran player who could help me create an Mini Phalla. I have some ideas for this phalla and need an experienced host/player who can critisize and evaluate them and who, if intrested, would help me host the game. Any volunteers?

MacGuffin on
    edited October 2008
    I need one, too. But I'm probably going to just go ahead with the game without it and learn by doing.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008

That would be a good way to keep the veteran players from being repeatedly Day1'd, but on the other hand it takes some of the fun out of it. How do I decide whether I want Prinny Tribunal or PipBoy2008 on my team? It's basically tossing darts...

...unless you did a series of alt games where each player keeps the same alt the whole time, so they can develop their own reputations. That could work.

No, I think what would happen is there would be a list of people playing. Ardor, DevoutlyApathetic, TehSpectre, etc. Then we have a draft or whatever, choose our teams, and play them against each other based on the actual players, not their alt names. At the end of each AlPhaLla game, we figure out the statistics for each player, i.e. how long they survived, whether their team won, how many times they voted for a bad guy, that sort of thing.

So if TehSpectre is Pipboy2008, then he can play the whole time and work his magic without having to deal with his reputation or worrying about getting killed because of the meta-game thing.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2008
    Should I do a more traditional phalla to start out or have a sort of last man standing style phalla? Keep in mind my mini is themed Punch-Out!!!

Goose! on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

No, I think what would happen is there would be a list of people playing. Ardor, DevoutlyApathetic, TehSpectre, etc. Then we have a draft or whatever, choose our teams, and play them against each other based on the actual players, not their alt names. At the end of each AlPhaLla game, we figure out the statistics for each player, i.e. how long they survived, whether their team won, how many times they voted for a bad guy, that sort of thing.

So if TehSpectre is Pipboy2008, then he can play the whole time and work his magic without having to deal with his reputation or worrying about getting killed because of the meta-game thing.
    I can't use alts to play games.

Thanatos has banned the use of proxies in terms of alt play.

It's why I had to drop out of AL•PHA•LLA.

I use a proxy to connect to PA while at work, which is where most of my play time comes from.

On a side note: I think I am going to see if I can get someone else to run Mortal Kombat: Phaltality, because I don't see myself having time to do it in the near future and I don't want to keep my name on the red list for half a year.

I went back and checked on my ruleset to make sure everything was up to snuff, but there was a thing or two I needed to fix up.

I'll get this damn game running at some point, be it through me, or someone else.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, if you need someone to run it, I think I could... if you trust me.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
This discussion has been closed.