As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think we should invade 59:73. If you look at the island you'll figure it out. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I plan on sending out my SGs. I figure they'll be in town fairly often. Either: a)They spy my garrison with SGs away, and don't account for them or the rest of my invasion force (gun and swordsmen) when attacking me. Or b) they do see them, and run away in fear.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    WTF? I sent out some ships to buy sulfur from my town on 43:11 that has a market place. The ships are returning/delivering to the other city. The one without a marketplace. That I couldn't have sent out buy orders from...

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    I think we should invade 59:73. If you look at the island you'll figure it out. :)

Hello, Neshmet! It's been a pleasure to wang you today!

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    skarsol, can I get a search for Poboywillie? I'm thinking at least 4 cities for him, found 2.

name | size | x | y
    +
    +----+----
    Taray | 10 | 86 | 64
    Nouva | 10 | 87 | 64
    Chingy | 7 | 86 | 63
    Shalay | 10 | 87 | 63

I've drained Shalay, took me probably 60 boats in all. I've just hit Taray for 27 boats. In the interest of sharing you guys can try the other two if you beat me to it. :P

Wood: 3351
    Wine: 1634
    Marble: 2046
    Crystal: 661
    Sulfur: 224

Scooter on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That might be worth a journey from my fucking side of the map. When's this going down? I have free army mans and boats. Let me help?

@Rich 59:73 Guy.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What we should do is each take one of the 5 cities and time it so blockades all hit about the same time.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes. But my blockade timer seems inactive. Everytime, it never estimates how long for the blockades since the new patch.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Because ships travel at diff speeds and it's lazy. Take the pillage time, double it, and thats Ram ship time. Add 20% for flame/ballista/paddle time.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Because ships travel at diff speeds and it's lazy. Take the pillage time, double it, and thats Ram ship time. Add 20% for flame/ballista/paddle time.

Yeah, as juicy as he is, I'm 19 hours away pillage time...In the time it would take to send a blockade, he could make 50 ballista ships. D:

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Karenna wrote: »

Yeah, as juicy as he is, I'm 19 hours away pillage time...In the time it would take to send a blockade, he could make 50 ballista ships. D:

Yeah, he's about that far from me too :( I was just amused by the huge money and 5 towns on one island.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea, 10 hours pillage from my nearest point, I don't know for a blockade, but my larger armies and navies are a few more hours away than that.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Karenna wrote: »

Yeah, he's about that far from me too :( I was just amused by the huge money and 5 towns on one island.

Well, there IS an open spot on that island...you could start a L1 town there purely for the purpose of staging a massive attack on him.

Deploy a shitload of troops there, wang him overland, and then rapidly transship all the goods to your capital. You'd need a largish warehouse and a large port, but I'm sure it'd be worth it! Dismantle the town after a day of most excellent wanging...

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I said "fuck it" and started wanging this U_N softie for 200k+ per trip. Not much in the way of resources, unfortunately. I've taken nearly a million so far.

This "neshmet" is 6 hours (troop time) from me. Looks like an alt account if he has all his cities on a marble island.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Maybe he is a really good trader.

In other news, JoyVille is once again under my blockade..so if I'm counting right I just made 500k today.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Maybe he is a really good trader.

In other news, JoyVille is once again under my blockade..so if I'm counting right I just made 500k today.
    I'm trying, actually... Though at the moment he's sending 219 units over to pillage, and he sent almost just as many yesterday... and the day before that. I'm kinda new to this game, and currently looking for a new alliance.

On the 06.06.2008 18:43 Skarsol wrote::
    > Perhaps you should consider building an army to back up that very tempting gold score?
    >
    Joyous from the alliance Spartans sends the following message: Hi there,

Was wondering if you could do something about one of your members, who has been continuously attacking me; Turtleboy. Thanks.

:^:

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    At 55:33, nahtanoj of the city JONATHAN sends exactly 66 units every time I attack his identically named city that is eighteen hours away from 55:33. This is fine, as his troops get turned back every time by the resident fleet, but I'm tired of my General getting the red background. If someone nearby would like to wang him, he gives 44,700 gold a pop.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Baidol wrote: »
    ...nahtanoj of the city JONATHAN...

How...clever :|

In other buggy news, it took about 40 minutes for my dock to start loading up my trade ships with goods that I need to ship to one of my colonies. Then another 40 minutes to actually load and ship off.

Anyone else having lag time from initiating commands to them actually starting? Hopefully it was just a random occurrence.

EDIT: I tried sending out trade ships two more times, and while the first time, it lagged for 10 min before loading, the second time it started loading right away. Guess it's just being flaky.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So the new level 2 city on my sulfur island is pleading for help b/c Turtleboy is attacking him. I have suggested an offering of cat poetry may suffice to turn aside the swords.

Darian on
  • Options
    PlacerPlacer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fuck, i haven't played for like two weeks. im back now, though.

EDIT: Rhapsody on my island is inactive, yielding 41K Gold per attack, should we kick him out of WPAX?

Placer on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jaydawgg, a guy I got into a little war with awhile back, has sent 91 units and 119 ram ships at my capital.

Like always, the rams will arrive hours after the troops. I've shuffled units to the capital and I'm going to crush him. Last time he took out my navy, but now I have a bunch of catapults :)

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    There seems to be a bug with inactives at the moment, where some people on Beta are being considered inactive when in actuality they are still logging in regularly. So send him a message first, at least.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Will do.

Placer on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    .... Are people really this dumb? (3 messages)

MSG1
    braddley has canceled the cultural goods treaty and sends the following message: please please please please please
    MSG2
    please
    MSG3
    once my alliance grows more we wont attack you so far we have had the alliane for 1 week and we already have 4 members

On the 06.06.2008 21:14 Skarsol wrote::
    please

>

> How would it benefit us?

> On the 06.06.2008 21:02 braddley wrote::

> > please can we have a treaty it would benifit us both

> > On the 06.06.2008 17:59 Skarsol wrote::

> > >

> > > One never knows.

> > > On the 06.06.2008 17:50 braddley wrote::

> > > > and you were going to pillage us ?

> > > > On the 06.06.2008 16:01 Skarsol wrote::

> > > > > Because then we can't pillage you.

> > > > > On the 06.06.2008 15:49 braddley wrote::

> > > > > > why shpouldnt we though

> > > > > > On the 06.06.2008 0:25 Skarsol wrote::

> > > > > > > Why should we?

> > > > > > > On the 06.06.2008 0:02 braddley wrote::

> > > > > > > > y not please

> > > > > > > > On the 05.06.2008 23:54 Skarsol wrote::

> > > > > > > > > Skarsol has refused a peace treaty with you and sends the following message:

> > > > > > > > > On the 05.06.2008 23:44 braddley wrote::

> > > > > > > > > > braddley wants to sign a peace treaty with you and sends the following message: -
    I could only find 4 cities cause I've never fixed the bug in my thing when alliances have hyphens:
    name   | size | x  | y
    ----------+------+----+----
     braddley |    5 | 29 | 19
     bradley  |    8 | 88 | 34
     dookyyyyy |    4 | 59 | 48
     Polis     |    1 | 29 | 19

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Interesting stuff:

Honor (a WPAX local alliance, quite large) sent me some messages.
    3XAS from the alliance Society ofHonor sends the following message: Not to long ago we received the following message I was just wondering did u received for this player some sort of message too ?

Society of Honor,

There is a great tryrant let loose in my lands. I am a peaceful nord of the north and had no such interest like many of my bretheren kin. My self and many other players have come under attack by this "warlord" a modern terrorist.

He sends scouts to promising looking towns and sends you an invitation to join his empire. If you do he promises protection (a strange sign for a tyrant) but if you refuse him he will attack your towns every day to teach you a lesson.

We are to pay him taxes weekly in the form of valuable resources or we are punished and pillaged. I have been recruited as a diplomat for Kahryl. I do some smooth talking for him to wim over other players that are right to be warry. This keeps me from having to pay taxes but entraps others.

Myself and the others he has enslaved do not know who he has enslaved, keeping us blind from eachother so that we dont unite and revolt on him. I have an advantage being his diplomat in that he has to trust me to an extent to talk freely for him, and that it doesn't matter who i am talking to when his spies report back to him. However I have made contact with a few members of the enslaved, we are planning a revolt as soon as the opportunity comes to be.

Please sirs, this is a man that has no reguard for the lives and happiness of the other players. We need help. I have reason to believe that his army is somewhere between 500 to 1500 in total. You are the largest alliance i could find and with a name like Society of Honor I thought you woul.d be up to taking down a tyrantial megalomaniac...

Please let me know what you can do to help, if you need anything let me know and i will see if i can help.

Thank you for your time. I await your reply eagerly,

-Onager9933 sends the following message: onager9933

I asked for coordinates to do some investigating.
    The guy who asked for help is Player: onager993 from town Onager Sulfur 1:55 the warlord is Kahryl he is based at 1:60 2:59 2:60 but plz be don't make contact with kahyrl yet about this ,because if we will attack kahryl we want to make a surprise attack, we are trying to find out is Kahryl really a warlord or just a guy that pissed off onager993.If kahryl is really a warlord we will stop him however we want to make a low profile at the moment until we find out if this is not a scam.

Guy's got a 300k military score, and he's way out there, at least compared to me. An opportunity to wang an even bigger bully than we are?

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes please!

Placer on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If anything it'll ease the moral doubts of our less rage-filled brethren.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Or someone new to recruit?

Edit: I mean, yes, someone worse than us to attack. Of course, we should help the poor little victims. In return for fine poems.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Someone to plow into submission and take over their tribute-empire, maybe.

Also, don't make trouble or anything just yet. I want to let Honor do at least the initial investigation/diplomacy.

captaink on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sent 5 fire ships to bradley at 88:34 to maybe piss him off or something. He's not worth raiding, this mostly a "hi, act like a retard to our dear friend skarsol".

You know, I'll just PM him that as well, maybe he'll get the hint.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Sent 5 fire ships to bradley at 88:34 to maybe piss him off or something. He's not worth raiding, this mostly a "hi, act like a retard to our dear friend skarsol".

You know, I'll just PM him that as well, maybe he'll get the hint.

I was just amazed that he somehow thinks that cancelling our dong exchange would change my mind and agreeing to a peace treaty.

And yeah, they so aren't worth pillaging, but he's just a moron.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I don't know, Aldo was about ready to do anything the other day if someone dropped one of his dong exchanges.

Wait, but he was going to go to war over it, not declare peace. My mistake.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I was just amazed that he somehow thinks that cancelling our dong exchange would change my mind and agreeing to a peace treaty.

And yeah, they so aren't worth pillaging, but he's just a moron.
    It's not like I do anything with my ships and the price of my 46th tradeship is not worth it, so I wanted to join in the diplomacy side of things. :P

No really, I'm just bored and like to mess with annoying kids.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    hah, he tells me "try it" and then "wait sry 17 not 16"

Not quite sure what he's on about, but his Military Score is 1,718, that's short for "not going to beat 5 upgraded flamethrowers, even with 19hrs preparation time", right?

Aldo on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Every other bastard is starting alliance wars so we should as well. I'm throwing caution to the wind

We have the advantage of being complete bastards and we have Skarsol as our diplomat, that has to help right?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Not quite sure what he's on about, but his Military Score is 1,718, that's short for "not going to beat 5 upgraded flamethrowers, even with 19hrs preparation time", right?

Yeah, 1718 is like 2 ram ships?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Yeah, 1718 is like 2 ram ships?

Rams are like slingers to Flame Throwers being like archers, right?

RIGHT?

*edit: ahahahaha, he's sending 5 units my way. XDDDD

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh, now he says he doesn't have a port. What does this mean in regard to me trying to block it? XD

And I love how he's all schmuck about it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Burn the world!

Did I say it right? Just trying to get ready for this war.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No but seriously, you can block towns without trade ports, right?

Aldo on