Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: Awesome Post by Marshmallow, in That's not healthy...

JaninJanin Registered User
Janin has reported a post.

Reason:
Nerf is awesome, modded nerf even more so.
Forum: Social Entropy++
Posted by: Marshmallow

Original Content:
So, I expect there comes that day in some people's lives where they realize that they are unequivocally a nerd. Not just any nerd, but a really, really big nerd.

Today is my day. I've spent the last 6 odd hours working on a project, I'm just now realizing how hungry I am because I haven't eaten in more than 24 hours. I've finally finished it, stepped back, and thought,

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd.jpg

"Jesus fuck, I'm a goddamn nerd."

Janin on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    did that Nerf vulcan cannon I heard about ever come out?

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Supposed to come out Fall '08 I believe.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    sniper pistol? what?

bad ass either way.

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ahahahaha that is awesome

• HenroidHenroid Gibberish Cold white sand!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Gotta take careful aim at those targets that are 20 feet away!

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit nice!

Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    did he modify anything else or just add a sniper stand and scope? the thing could use a new paint job too

sig-500x65.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Added the sniper stand and scope from a Longshot, removed the air restrictors and replaced them with the McDonald's straw modification to increase the range, (doesn't seem to do any better than just regular removal honestly), Reinforced the trigger mechanism with a second spring, added 5 pennies to the internal spring to compress it further, and cut the plastic tabs that stop the revolver turret from sliding out so as to make for easier reloading.

Scope is removable, but plans are in the works to move it further up the barrel for comfort reasons, and also to convert the current cocking mechanism from a pistol-style slide to a rifle-style bolt action.

EDIT: Paint job would be fantastic, I've never tried before but vent crew is currently approving of painting it in a gray and pink color scheme with a couple snoop dog and marijuana plant outline decals.

• Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Awesome.

Spoiler:
  • FrabbaFrabba Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    sniper pistol? what?

It's like halo all over again!

I'm big in Internet Spaceships.
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Added the sniper stand and scope from a Longshot, removed the air restrictors and replaced them with the McDonald's straw modification to increase the range, (doesn't seem to do any better than just regular removal honestly), Reinforced the trigger mechanism with a second spring, added 5 pennies to the internal spring to compress it further, and cut the plastic tabs that stop the revolver turret from sliding out so as to make for easier reloading.

Scope is removable, but plans are in the works to move it further up the barrel for comfort reasons, and also to convert the current cocking mechanism from a pistol-style slide to a rifle-style bolt action.

EDIT: Paint job would be fantastic, I've never tried before but vent crew is currently approving of painting it in a gray and pink color scheme with a couple snoop dog and marijuana plant outline decals.

Someone make a blingee of this immediately.

DKFA7.gif
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What sort of distance do you get with the mods?

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited May 2008
    Depends on the specific mods and how dedicated you are.

I've been getting around 50-60ft. with my Longshot, but I believe you can get up to 80-100ft. with some extensive work. (Replacing the barrel, adding more powerful springs, making your own darts.)