Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game Over] Phalla of the Caribbean - East India Victory!(?)

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    I am quite surprised that Gibbs if he actually was in this game and Koshian isn't bullshitting that he could be converted. I would have thought given his loyalties to Jack that it would be in his PM that if faced with conversion he would not be allowed to accept.

nah dude, I was davy jones' first mate

there was no gibbs

What? Davy Jones didn't have an identifiable first mate.

And no Gibbs?

Oh this is some bullshit right here.

the bosun, the guy who was going to whip the shit out of turner's bitch ass

That's weak sauce. Man didn't even have a name. In fact none of them did beyond Will's father and the dude who had been there so long he'd become a part of the ship in Dead Man's Chest.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • duraxdurax Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No one should be let into the network without some evidence. Either seer them, or have them kill someone.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Who was seer for the good guys beside Chesire?

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Koshian supposedly had seered Orestes, and gave me PotU.

Tell me about the guy who's win condition is to kill me and I open right up.

I'm going to hold a grudge against Kosh forever and ever.

Owlsig.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Who was seer for the good guys beside Chesire?

Either Turner or Swann, I believe.

Died right away. And I think Cheshire was technically neutral, but instrumental in killing Jones.

Owlsig.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    that's ok next game we can just mobvote koshian the first day since it'll be as good as any vote

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kosh/Rane 08

:(

damn that man

also if Jones could have gone down with a kill, I would have been the man to do it (after munkus told me to)

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I believe that Tossrock has the next game so he will totally allow this

juggcat.jpg
    edited May 2008
    is there an SE++ phalla upcoming list?

I wanna know what's

upcoming

edited May 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    that's ok next game we can just mobvote koshian the first day since it'll be as good as any vote

The worst part is that one day Kosh and I will be on the same side in a phalla, but I won't believe him. It'll be the Christianity phalla, I am going to be God and he is going to be Jesus and I am just going to kill him without a thought.

Owlsig.jpg
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2008
    damnit you guys.. post the evil proboard so people stop taking acolades for the Koshian deep agent idea..

iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ahaha, this is one of the first phallas I was excited enough about to keep following after I died.

And dang Koshian, I knew you were some sort of special from day one, and if Munkus hadn't vouched for you I might've came to the right conclusion.

Villager shenanigans, hey oh!

edited May 2008
    damnit you guys.. post the evil proboard so people stop taking acolades for the Koshian deep agent idea..

No, don't.

I just know there's a "Jim is a moron" thread.

My ego can't take it.

Owlsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Jimothy wrote: »

Even when you said you were Capt. Jack and your win condition was the same as our and all the PMs you sent, I still didn't completely trust you. Good lord man. Only trust people but so much.

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why did you kill me, Jimothy?

I'm Norrington.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited May 2008

No, don't.

My ego can't take it.

I know there's a "Rane is bad at Phalla, let's keep him alive" thread

or subforum

D:

edited May 2008
    So, I actually went and deleted my PMs from this game, but most of them went like this.

Me: Hi! How's the network going?

Other guy: Pretty good, you in the good guy network too?

Me: Not really, just a villager who made a good guess. Thanks for letting me know though.

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

No, don't.

My ego can't take it.

munkus called you a patsy!

edited May 2008
    Raneados wrote: »

I wanna know what's

upcoming

After Tossrock's ____ phalla is my turn, and then after that I don't know.

juggcat.jpg
    edited May 2008

Even when you said you were Capt. Jack and your win condition was the same as our and all the PMs you sent, I still didn't completely trust you. Good lord man. Only trust people but so much.

There were a few times I suspected him, and I didn't tell him absolutely everything.

But I was way too busy suspecting Munkus.

Owlsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Fiz wrote: »

I wanna know what's

upcoming

___phalla?

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

I wanna know what's

upcoming

I think Green might be on the list somewhere

probably anjin is on there maybe

I'm at the bottom of the list

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had a lot of fun in this phalla, thanks CJ :^:

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    So, I actually went and deleted my PMs from this game, but most of them went like this.

Me: Not really, just a villager who made a good guess. Thanks for letting me know though.

man, activity watching is some insidious shit

edited May 2008

I wanna know what's

upcoming

___ phalla?

He has told me before what it is about but all I hear is "blah blah blah baby-sitter's club"

juggcat.jpg
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    I'm gonna do a rescue rangers phalla

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finale - In The Name Of The Queen

If there was one advantage to The Phalliant operating on such a small crew, it was that the remaining hours of the voyage went smoothly, and with little incident.

Captain Bogey was new to the obligations of his title, but the crew trusted him enough to see them to their destination.

Besides, the fact that he had the map made his presence significantly more vital.

Before long, the crippled boat reached her destination: landfall.

A call went out to drop anchor, and after the long days of endless sailing and uncounted losses, The Phalliant came to a halt.

The group gathered on deck at the Captain's behest, who addressed the small gathering with a pleasant expression, arms crossed at his rear.

"You've all done well, gentlemen. The prize of our expedition awaits us."

A lone voice rose in dissent, distorted by the numerous barnacles that covered the man's throat.

It was a wonder none had noticed Koshian's inhuman appearance before.

"The ship... belongs to the sea..." The creature laughed, and impaled Fishman with the spiked protrusion that existed where a right hand would have been on a normal creature.

"As does her crew."

Fortunately, the remaining crew made short work of the beast; numerous rounds were fired into Koshian, and the last of the Denizens met its end, its last words drowned out by a dull hiss as its corpse fell to the deck.

"I'm glad we settled that..." Bogey turned his attention away from the leftovers of Koshian, and his eyes fell on the wook, who stepped back in surprise to realize that the Captain had a gun turned on him.

The sailor was shot dead before he could say his piece, and the quick succession of a second shot did SpeedySwaf in right after.

Bogey lowered the old-fashioned pistol, and gave a narrow smile to the remaining duo. "Now all threats have been dealt with."

The Captain looked to the horizon, and the uniformed man continued to smile at the distant sails of the approaching ships, bearing an emblem he knew all too well.

"And the prize is ours."

While the promise of mutiny briefly occured to animal companion and Dislexic, the arrival of the Commodore's support dampened their spirits, as a towering craft dropped anchor on either side of The Phalliant.

Whether or not the surviving duo joined their cause or met the fitting end of a pirate mattered not to Bogey.

The seas were again united under the banner of their rightful lords, and the promise of eternal life was not far behind.

"Sir, I think you should see this!"

They had followed the map to the letter. Hours of scavenging through untouched plantlife, searching of ancient grounds that seemed to have been considered sacred at one point or another, and finally, more hours of digging at the X that had marked the proverbial spot.

"Did you find it?" Bogey waited from above, peering into the depths of the tunnel from his vantage point, expecting water to gush forth at any moment.

Instead, there was only dry land reaching downwards, and the echoing cry of voice that sounded less than excited, and somewhat nervous.

"It's rum, sir... bottles upon bottles of it."

"WHAT!?"

Bogey descended after the voice, and the officer in command backed away, from fear of immediate reprisal for his failure.

However, the man was beyond the former Captain's notice. The Commodore found a single note, and unfolded it with a blank stare as he read the words, recognizing the unmistakable handwriting on sight.

Mate,

Keep an eye on me rum. I'll come back for it one day.
    I finally found a way off this rock, and I'd be a fool to not take it.

I trusted the map to a friend in the Queen's Navy; I figure those blokes could use a good drink or two.

Right then, I'll be off.

And to my good friend, the Commodore: you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught-

Bogey realized the note had ended, the faded liquid the writer had used as ink having run dry at that point.

"We'll make the best of it." Not about to let the voyage be a total waste, he signaled for the men to gather the rum, and made his exit to return to the ship.

The Commodore never reached his destination.

The natives had returned, and they far outnumbered the gathering of the East India Trading Company.

Counting the odds, Bogey decided that the hundreds of spears levelled at them far outmatched their few dozen pistols, and ordered his men to lower their weapons.

Bogey approached with hands raised, attempting an appeal. Perhaps the primitives would listen to reason.

Then he saw their leader.

A single dog, his mangy fur lined with black stripes.

The canine looked up, and gave an affirmative bark.

The natives descended on their victims, and a grand feast followed that evening.

Somewhere in England, the expedition for the Fountain of Youth had been regarded as a 'total loss'.

At least, that's how they say the story goes. Not sure I believe all of it myself, mind you.

Cursed lands, these waters.

Right then, we'll be settin' sail in a day or so, mate.

We believe it's best to see for ourselves just how true the rumors are.

Just make your mark...

The Dead

Fishman, sailor, slain by the Denizens of the Depths
    SpeedySwaf, sailor, slain by the East India Trading Company
    the wook, sailor, executed by the Captain
    Koshian, First Mate of the Denizens of the Depths, slain by the vote

Amidst the final three, Bogey was made Captain due to RNG.

As both Captain and Commodore of the East India Trading Company, victory for the crew is impossible.

East India Trading Company...
    victory?

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited May 2008

It really is.

iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited May 2008
    awww hell naw

• GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    edited May 2008

Yeah, but I was able to tip off a lot of people to switch to invisible mode, so not all bad.

• FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbing Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I saw that coming.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    edited May 2008
    Wh.. what..? Why is Fishman a denizen?

iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited May 2008
    So how evil was Bogey? You can't trust him

juggcat.jpg
    edited May 2008

read it again and then tell everyone how stupid you are

• Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah I figured Bogey was somethin

his election came out of the fucking blue

edited May 2008

he was killed by one but he wasn't a denizen

edited May 2008
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    YAY BOGEY

BAD DOG

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited May 2008
    Yeah I figured Bogey was somethin

his election came out of the fucking blue

And it is a phalla in se++ where he lived after the first few days.

juggcat.jpg
This discussion has been closed.