Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game Over] Phalla of the Caribbean - East India Victory!(?)

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yea, and the fact that it was just really disregarded sends off all kinds of warning signals.

3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    when was that posted i didn't even see it

granted I haven't been doing my clerical work ever since I started working on battle but :/

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited May 2008
    ah

I was out of town on that day dang

• DislexicDislexic Registered User
    edited May 2008
    then again, Raneados didn't even have a chance to do anything, he was voted captain first day, second day he was gone. I'm pretty he's a vanillager, so.

I don't know how I missed Fishman's post about Koshian, but that all seems to make sense

So for now:

!BooBox Koshian
    !Yar Raneados

batsig.jpg
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    yea, and the fact that it was just really disregarded sends off all kinds of warning signals.

There be a lot of big words in that fish's speech and we're naught but humble pirates.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
    edited May 2008
    !Koshian

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait, Rane campaigned with Koshian for Capt./First Mate? I'd forgotten about this. Raneados, explain yourself.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
    edited May 2008
    I approve of me being captain

remember duckies

we get one, maybe two captain kills

also these last 2 round, pay super close attention to who gets captain and first mate and who pushes who for what

with 2 days left that Captain kill is important

edited May 2008
    rane, do you have reason to want to be captain beyond just 'i think i'd be swell'? because you're right, the kills are important, and yet when i ask people to help speculate, the thread goes dead, and only grundl sent me any suspicions to help bounce ideas off of.

edited May 2008
    Wait, Rane campaigned with Koshian for Capt./First Mate? I'd forgotten about this. Raneados, explain yourself.

Well

we've done this before but okay:

started off as me and kosh both wanting to be captains separately because, well, it's a fun thing to be and why not me? I can trust me.

Boiled down to me and koshian were trailing/hovering around Bel's numbers and so we came to the eventual conclusion that a running mate team would be best to get the captainship, as at least one of us would be captain and the other would be fist mate.

This was first day stuff, I didn't know who was evil or good

edited May 2008
    DID YOU INHALE?

edited May 2008
    I did and I was sooooo high

but I quit that stuff and started shooting black tar heroin into my eyeballs

it makes me the man I am today

• Dogbone33Dogbone33 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kosh is very suspect now. He isn't even trying to defend himself. Of course that was overnight stuff too. I still have my eye on Ultrarune and Fishman though. As far as captain goes other than missing last nights kill I really don't have too much of an issue with leaving Bel there. I don't think she is evil, but I've been fooled before.

For right now I'm going to have to !vote Kosh

Captain I would recommend looking very closely at those other two though. Fishman is very good at deflecting suspicion towards others, he could be Company and deflecting suspicion at K[raken]osh. Ultrarune has just been very quiet. Showing up to vote and make very little in the way of helpful ideas. Just doing enough to stay in the game and hide. Those are my two cents. Take them for what they are worth.

I need a new sig.

I also need beer.
    edited May 2008
    thank you dogbone, i appreciate your advice and will definitely take it into account while thinking of who to kill

• KoanKoan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ooooOOOOOO
    Well I enjoyed working with the captains behind the scene, but now I shall spend my time in the briny deep.

OOOOooooo

edited May 2008
    *shrugs* Now we have no specials left we gotta band together.

I need a new sig.

I also need beer.
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why are you going to make Rane captain?

He's already made a post saying if he was to be convereted why not take it? He's alwaystried for the position.

I still don't trust him, sorry.

And i'm sure the kraken kill will be here tonight, if there are steps to ensure the game will end soon, yea well, we are kinda screwed if we don't get the red vote right.

• UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Kosh is very suspect now. He isn't even trying to defend himself. Of course that was overnight stuff too. I still have my eye on Ultrarune and Fishman though. As far as captain goes other than missing last nights kill I really don't have too much of an issue with leaving Bel there. I don't think she is evil, but I've been fooled before.

Captain I would recommend looking very closely at those other two though. Fishman is very good at deflecting suspicion towards others, he could be Company and deflecting suspicion at K[raken]osh. Ultrarune has just been very quiet. Showing up to vote and make very little in the way of helpful ideas. Just doing enough to stay in the game and hide. Those are my two cents. Take them for what they are worth.

Last phalla I was in I was called an "overzealous normie" and cunt when I tried to rally the village, so while I disagree with that analysis, I've tried to take a step back this game. I have a bit of an overbearing personality, especially in games, and we haven't been lacking for people coming forward to help out, unlike that last game I was in. Of course my relative inactivity apparently seems evil, but THATS PHALLA, haha.

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    !Retract Bel

it doesnt look like my campaign is gaining any speed, so let's hitch this wagon to a winner

!Vote Koshian

!Otaku Suppository

i know i've given Otaku a lot of shit in this game, that is just because he is my xbl gay lover. seriously though, right now, he seems like the safest choice out of the major candidates for captain. we need some new blood in the wheelhouse. He has never shown any affiliation towards either side, so i'm hoping that is a good sign for the good guys.

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited May 2008
    Ultarune wrote: »
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

Last phalla I was in I was called an "overzealous normie" and cunt when I tried to rally the village, so while I disagree with that analysis, I've tried to take a step back this game. I have a bit of an overbearing personality, especially in games, and we haven't been lacking for people coming forward to help out, unlike that last game I was in. Of course my relative inactivity apparently seems evil, but THATS PHALLA, haha.

Indeed that is Phalla. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I need a new sig.

I also need beer.
    edited May 2008
    holy wow look at the post counts from the last thread guys
    Spoiler:

ahaha oh god rane

• cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So does anyone think we should have a buffer mob vote just in case?

This is not a love song
    Help feed animals
    edited May 2008
    good idea, maybe a buffer vote on animal companion?

• cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay well I'll !vote animal companion for a buffer. If nobody wants a buffer I can change it later. Nobodys really talking or anything right now.

This is not a love song
    Help feed animals
  • JohnHamJohnHam Famous Actor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aye, it seems like a wise choice.

!vote animal companion

!vote Otaku Suppository

Our Captains so far ('cept Jimothy) have not been the most effective, although I trust Bel. I think a new Captain may at least go in a different direction and may get lucky with the Vig Kill. Bel, you have mentioned possible targets/information you have gathered while acting as Captain - is this information reliable? I mean, anything is more reliable than random stabbings, but it seems as though we won't have much longer to pick and choose targets. Letting this info loose outright is almost certainly a poor idea, but if you are willing, the new captain (if there is one) could certainly use what you've found so far. (Although in retrospect, this post seems to support Bel's captaincy.)

Eh well, I may change my Captain vote before close.

Twitter?
    LoL: j0hnh4m
    SteamID: johnhams
    3DS: 3952-8293-2937
    PSN: john_ham
    edited May 2008
    edited May 2008
    My reasoning is because he has rode all the bandwagons and has laid low so far.

edited May 2008

Well, um...there are a lot of people that fit that description.

I mean, I am as good a guess as anyone else, based on what facts we have, but not talking =/= evil. It is (obviously) a bit difficult to be a central player in a game that started with 60 or so people, especially considering I had some availability issues on Day 1-2.

Twitter?
    edited May 2008
    JohnHam wrote: »

Well, um...there are a lot of people that fit that description.

I mean, I am as good a guess as anyone else, based on what facts we have, but not talking =/= evil. It is (obviously) a bit difficult to be a central player in a game that started with 60 or so people, especially considering I had some availability issues on Day 1-2.

I understand, I just wanted to give my reasoning.

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    oh goddamn

I don't have time for this right now, but expect something big in a little bit

edited May 2008
    Koshian wrote: »
    I am CALYPSO

omggzzz

Twitter?
  • animal companionanimal companion Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am the coolest buffer

VdxNI.jpg
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I was planning to be more subtle about this, but the mob vote has forced my hand

GODDAMN REVEAL:

mr-gibbs.jpg

I am Mr. Joshamee Gibbs. I'm a good (sailor) seer. Until they were killed, I was in working and in contact with Munkus and Jimothy. I was the one who seered Orestes as Davy Jones on day 1 and seered PotU as Norrington under Munkus' instructions. Last night I seered Ultarune. He is an Officer of the East India Trading Company. I haven't revealed myself until now for fear of death. We all saw how well revealing himself worked for moleface. Now, if there are any guardians left, please do your job and guard me.

If you have any doubts, pm me and I can show you numerous examples of my correspondence with Jim and Munkus.

edited May 2008
    Kosh

I always believed in you

hug me you old man

edited May 2008
    !retract Koshian

edited May 2008
    how do we know you aren't a bad seer? all the goodies you were networked with are dead. what if you were converted early on, but you're playing the game with the cards you were given?

edited May 2008
    also: i RULE at posting

nobody posts phalla like rane

edited May 2008
    well we know that people can refuse the conversion

I'd like to think that kosh would take terrible death

I'd like to, but if someone converts a seer then who else can tell who they are?

I don't see kosh getting converted though

and if he did, he's breaking my heart

edited May 2008
    its phalla, heart breaking is how the game goes.

my vote stays on koshian, just because he can reveal as a special does not remove the reasons that make him suspicious

This discussion has been closed.