Options

FP241VW HDMI Audio TICK TICK TICK TICK

atkbobatkbob Registered User regular
I'm connecting a PS3 through HDMI to a Benq FP241VW (the monitor so many people recommend on these boards). The video works, but the audio is wonky. I'm running a male-male audio cable (headphone-like jack) from the monitor's HDMI output port directly to my 2.1 speakers. The audio is fine on the menu screen (I tested a CD, is works fine) but as soon as I enter a game, my speakers TICK TICK TICK TICK really fast like a cicada screeching. I also tried plugging headphones directly into the HDMI-out port, and I get the same problem. It's also not the HDMI cable, I've tried two different ones. Oddly enough, I also had the same problem on my old monitor, the Samsung SM2493HM. Any solutions (I can buy a composite to headphone jack adapter and set the PS3 to output through composite cables, but I'd rather use what I have).?

atkbobsig4kp5me8zl.png
atkbob on

• Options
    AngrySpoonAngrySpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only thing I can think of is to go into sound settings-audio output settings-hdmi-manual and try unchecking everything except linear PCM 2 CH 44.1 kHZ and linear PCM 2ch. 48 kHz

AngrySpoon on