As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick question [gameplay mechanic]

Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No PantsParts UnknownRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
How do you get the special move bar to recharge?
I got to use Gabe's and mine once or twice and since then I've never gotten another one. Seems like I should have by now earned another. Or Tycho should have recieved one.

*shrug*

Psychotic One on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Time.

Your Speed stat controls how your meters charge, so you can drink a potion and increase that if you want. However, your A move will charge first, then your X, then your Y. If you use any of the moves, you go back down to nothing and need to charge everything again, so if you're using your X move as soon as you can, you'll never see a Y move, as that only starts charging once you have a fully-charged X.

Tycho doesn't get his until he levels up a bit, don't worry.

Did I explain that well enough?

EDIT: To be clear, each meter depends on the one below it. So your X meter will only charge once the A meter is charged, and the Y meter only when the X and A are charged. Using any attack (including using an item) will clear ALL meters, so they need to charge from the bottom again. There's a small ring around the attack icon to show you how fast it's charging. Thomas Kemper's takes forever, for example.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh so the special doesn't continually fill. I got to let it go A > X > and then wait for Y to charge. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks :)

Psychotic One on