As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Winrar .rar question

KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have 8 different folders that I want to .rar. Is there any way in Winrar to do that without merging the files together if I wanted to do it at the same time. I could just .rar them seperately but that is a hassle. Is there any way in Winrar to select all files at same time, .rar them, and make them keep their same file names?

Thanks

Khaczor on

• Options
    k1DBLITZk1DBLITZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes. Inside of winrar, add the first file/folder by clicking commands and add files to archive. In the new window that will pop up, click the files tab and click append next to files to add.

k1DBLITZ on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd assume selecting (all) the folders and right clicking to 'add to [name].rar' would work? From there you should be able to rename it as needed.

Edit: Just tried it, works like a charm assuming the 8 folders are themselves in the same folder. Otherwise, go with the above.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down