As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 HDMI-DVI problems

GudgeogGudgeog Registered User regular
I recently won an xbox 360 elite in a guitar hero competition (woo) and I bought a HDMI-DVI converter and plugged it into my viewsonic vx2235wm 22" monitor.

When I tell the monitor to switch from my computer's analog signal to the digital signal, it just goes black for a second and goes back to analog.

I cant get the xbox to display...

whats the problem here?

thanks alot!

Brawl code: 2492-3794-3457
Gudgeog on

• Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm not all up to snuff on the current gen shit, but I would guess that it's an HDCP problem. No idea, though.

Edit: Or maybe you need to change some setting on the 360 to have it output an HD signal?

Tzen on
  • Options
    GudgeogGudgeog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wouldnt know how to make it output a digital signal, when its connected to my SDTV, I cant choose different outputs because then I lose video signal and then what do i do?

Wouldnt the xbox have to recognize that its plugged in via the hdmi port automatically?

Oh well, unless someone can help, I gotta go return my converter and buy the VGA cables (more expensive, lame)

Gudgeog on
    Brawl code: 2492-3794-3457
  • Options
    MisanthropicMisanthropic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Make sure the connector at the 360's end is set to HDTV. There's a switch on the side of the actual cable, right near where you connect it to the 360. At least there is on mine.

Misanthropic on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I don't think that monitor supports hdcp, you need the vga cables.

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty sure that HDMI expects an HDCP compliant device on the other end for it to work. You should return that cable and get something like this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

El Guaco on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.