As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Durrrrrrrrr [chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mobility?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Mobility?

Bah, If a sleeve limits you that much, you seriously need looser shirts.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha, holy fuck. Apparently Sydney has had a stealth rabbit destruction program in Centenial Park that no one knew about. They shot all the rabbits with subsonic ammo and no one ever once called in that they heard shooting.

Alternatively, maybe there's a lot of shooting out there normally I wouldn't know.

Not trying to troll but why is this amazing? Pests are destroyed all the time? (I'm also in sydney)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Mobility?

Bah, If a sleeve limits you that much, you seriously need looser shirts.

I stopped wearing loose shirts after I lost 70 pounds.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why are guys wearing tank-tops outside? Leaving aside that this is Germany, and it could go from 80 F to snowing in like 5 minutes, there's still no good argument for them. As I recall, we only wore them to convince women that wife-beaters and tank tops were functional, acceptable clothing options. We got women into form-fitting sleeveless wear that is often either low-cut or semi-translucent, guys, the wars over. We won. These sleeveless 40 year olds around here are like those Japanese guys who were still holed up in caves for like 10 years after Japan surrendered.

I think you answered your own question. To wit "...this is Germany"

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha, holy fuck. Apparently Sydney has had a stealth rabbit destruction program in Centenial Park that no one knew about. They shot all the rabbits with subsonic ammo and no one ever once called in that they heard shooting.

Alternatively, maybe there's a lot of shooting out there normally I wouldn't know.

Not trying to troll but why is this amazing? Pests are destroyed all the time? (I'm also in sydney)

That they've been doing it and no ones noticed? I'm going to guess that it's a pretty big park with a good few people, and that you would of thought that people would hear the bullets or the lack of rabbits around the place...

Tav on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why are guys wearing tank-tops outside? Leaving aside that this is Germany, and it could go from 80 F to snowing in like 5 minutes, there's still no good argument for them. As I recall, we only wore them to convince women that wife-beaters and tank tops were functional, acceptable clothing options. We got women into form-fitting sleeveless wear that is often either low-cut or semi-translucent, guys, the wars over. We won. These sleeveless 40 year olds around here are like those Japanese guys who were still holed up in caves for like 10 years after Japan surrendered.

you're germany!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

They were destroyed via shooting.

James on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »

you're germany!

I need to write a book. I'm from all over the place. Plus I'm pretty much an atheist. "The Audacity of This is What You've Got to Work With". It's my magnum opus but I haven't picked up a publisher yet. My time will come.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    James wrote: »

So are a lot of animals like deer and squirrel and raccoon.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

In parks in the middle of cities?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Most people realise that things are being shot.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    evilbob wrote: »

Would you prefer bow and arrow?

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Only if the people doing it were forced to dress up as Robin Hood.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

There are other ways of getting rid of pests besides shooting. Hunting is one thing. Pest control is another.

Like that Family Guy where the pest control uses military weaponry to get rid of bugs.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

There are other ways of getting rid of pests besides shooting. Hunting is one thing. Pest control is another.

Like that Family Guy where the pest control uses military weaponry to get rid of bugs.

Which methods would you like to employ?

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    or is this where I'm supposed to go

blah blah PETA blah blah ANIMAL CRUELTY blah blah

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    or is this where I'm supposed to go

blah blah PETA blah blah ANIMAL CRUELTY blah blah

Uh no, I'm just being curious. Because other than guys with big nests running after them I wouldn't know how to catch rabbit in a park.

I'm sure there are traps but that would seem dangerous to just have laying around in a park...

Kagera on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »

Only if the people doing it were forced to dress up as Robin Hood.

I agree.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think you're misinterpreting my response. I think using low-powered guns to get rid of rabbits is a great idea. There's no complaint, and it gets rid of an introduced species that's harmful to the ecosystem, right?

And it's something that hasn't been done before, I think, at least in the middle of a city. That's why it's amazing.

James on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Traps are too dangerous because of people, also because they might just steal it. Poison is too dangerous becuase of pets.

So licensed professional human shooters who aren't raving rednecks but most probably are trained to tell the difference between a rabbit and, say, a dog?

I don't know, I'd imagine it was reported by some people to the police but the police know and said "maam, we know, we were told" until some reporter actually heard about it and thought "Hay, shooting in city OMGS GOVERNMENT GUNS=OUTRAGE=MONEYS"

Either that or it's some political stunt. I don't see the controversy.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think you're misinterpreting my response. I think using low-powered guns to get rid of rabbits is a great idea. There's no complaint, and it gets rid of an introduced species that's harmful to the ecosystem, right?

And it's something that hasn't been done before, I think, at least in the middle of a city. That's why it's amazing.

I would think this would be common in say Central Park.

Especially before the 20th century.

Kagera on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Woo, I'm very nearly done with my yearly PhD report. Of course, I'm nearly done and three pages over the limit. And I've not designed my poster yet. And I'm in the office on a Saturday. But still, woo.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think it's pretty amazing that no one noticed people shooting rabbits in the park. I mean: men with gun strolling around the pond should make people "wait wah?" at least?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think it's pretty amazing that no one noticed people shooting rabbits in the park. I mean: men with gun strolling around the pond should make people "wait wah?" at least?

Probably wear government uniforms. Or suit and tie :P

James on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

That would still make me go "wait wah?". Then again, drawn guns are a rarity in this country.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

That would still make me go "wait wah?". Then again, drawn guns are a rarity in this country.

It's Australia, remember.

James on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finished. Woo. And I'm only at twice the page limit. Time to start cutting things out.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Can't we just ban any politician that enacted policies that lead to this from ever holding political power again?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Can't we just ban any politician that enacted policies that lead to this from ever holding political power again?
    Sounds like somebody in Heathrow's security is about to lose their job rather than this being anything to do with politics.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why didn't anyone tell me that xkcd has alt-text if you mouse over it?

I now have to read all of them again.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Posh, you know Dinosaur Comincs does that too, right?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Why does Australia hate rabbits so much?

Because they fuck everything up? Much like everything else ever introduced here, sure, but more so. Bunnies are bad.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Church wrote: »
    Why does Australia hate rabbits so much?

Because they fuck everything up? Much like everything else ever introduced here, sure, but more so. Bunnies are bad.

Like British people?

Teehee...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Mother. Fucker.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Or thanks.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I can't decide if I want to play AoC or tidy my room...

This room is getting pretty dirty :S

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Echo wrote: »

What.

Huh?

I can, weirdly, understand that. With heightened security, they'd be trained to see gun shaped objects, so a gun image would subconsciously worry and irritate personnel on board as they associate it with alertness. Unnecessary alertness is tiring.

Even understanding it, it's still stupid.

Also I just learned our hearing uses some hair fibres that are actually muscles.

Yeah. We use hair muscles to regulate hearing. And the nerves controlling these muscles come straight from inside the brain, not through connecting nerve bundles like other nerves. These neuroscience hearing lectures are tripping me out.
    Forgive the random knowledge dump, it was just so surprising I had to tell someone. Fucking muscles. oO

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hey this Dinosaur Comics has the same art every time.

Mother.

Fucker.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    God I wish those posts were not sincere. I'm scared to use google now - it might turn out that everyone else knows about York being made up, or how Prince Philip is really a woman.

poshniallo on
This discussion has been closed.