Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Guitar Hero: Fat bottomed girls (and guys) welcome

2456762

Posts

  • glithertglithert Snortin' K Luthor's towerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

    There is a...fish attack.
    I do not know what no say. No exaggeration.

    5vc48Bb.jpg
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, it looks like Pandora's making a return. Huh.

  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User
    edited May 2008
    glithert wrote: »

    There is a...fish attack.
    I do not know what no say. No exaggeration.
    Spoiler:

    steam_sig.png
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, it looks like Pandora's making a return. Huh.

    Which confounds me to no end and makes me wonder if Clive will make a return as well.

    "Let's not put some of the better characters in our main game, but bring them back for this crappy little cash-in! Sounds logical to...somebody, I guess."

    Also, that video in the OP gave me a heart attack from all the cheese. Hah...hah hah...ugh, I'll just leave out the back...

    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Spoiler:
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    glithert wrote: »

    There is a...fish attack.
    I do not know what no say. No exaggeration.
    Spoiler:

    Who do I make it out to?

    To yo mama?

    UmPiq.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Any price announced for GH:On Tour? That's going to be a huge deciding factor.

    scale3nk0.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Any price announced for GH:On Tour? That's going to be a huge deciding factor.

    I think it's expected at $50, which is fairly reasonable and understandable.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

    GIFT GET GIFS
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    That commercial has to be one of the worst since the N64 starfox kidnap sega guy commercial.

    It pretty much settled any doubts I might have about buying this game.

    I'm not fucking buying it.

  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Any price announced for GH:On Tour? That's going to be a huge deciding factor.

    I think it's expected at $50, which is fairly reasonable and understandable.

    Although really, it should just be released as a downloadable expansion of GH3.

    Don't question me, just do it!

    steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    David_T wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Any price announced for GH:On Tour? That's going to be a huge deciding factor.

    I think it's expected at $50, which is fairly reasonable and understandable.

    Although really, it should just be released as a downloadable expansion of GH3.

    Don't question me, just do it!

    :| o_O D:

    Steam: Zephyrall || XBL: Zephyrall || PS3: Zephyrall_KN || Battle.Net: Zephyrall#398
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Well it's on now. Run DMC Run DMC is in GH:Aerosmith.

    The tracklist so far:

    Venue: Nipmuc High School
    • Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes (Cover)
    • Cheap Trick – Dream Police
    • Aerosmith – Make It
    • Aerosmith – Uncle Salty
    • Aerosmith – Draw the Line

    Venue: Max's Kansas City
    • Joan Jett – I Hate Myself for Loving You
    • The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Movin' Out
    • Aerosmith – No Surprize
    • Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion

    Venue: The Orpheum Theater
    • The Clash – Complete Control
    • New York Dolls – Personality Crisis (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Livin' on the Edge
    • Aersomith – Ragdoll
    • Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator

    Venue: Half Time Show
    • Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run
    • Black Crowes – Hard to Handle (Cover)
    • Aerosmith – Back in the Saddle
    • Aerosmith – Beyond Beautiful
    • Aerosmith – Dream On

    Venue: Moscow
    • The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
    • Run-D.M.C. – King of Rock
    • Aerosmith – Bright Light Fright
    • Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
    • Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith – Walk This Way

    Anyone know if this si going to be the order of the songs, or just a listing? I'm a bit worry if it's the true order though, as Dream On was insanely easy and a bit boring.

    Spoiler:
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Not sure, what I can tell you for sure is that they announced that each set will be 2 non-Aerosmith songs followed by 3 consecutive aerosmith songs.


    Hm. The thing is.. there aren't that many songs listed so far. Hopefully, for a $50/$60 title, this list isn't complete, and that there'll be more songs.

  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Not sure, what I can tell you for sure is that they announced that each set will be 2 non-Aerosmith songs followed by 3 consecutive aerosmith songs.


    Hm. The thing is.. there aren't that many songs listed so far. Hopefully, for a $50/$60 title, this list isn't complete, and that there'll be more songs.


    Yea..although at the same time, can anyone think of a better ending song than walk this way with DMC?

    Spoiler:
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    slash000 wrote: »
    Not sure, what I can tell you for sure is that they announced that each set will be 2 non-Aerosmith songs followed by 3 consecutive aerosmith songs.


    Hm. The thing is.. there aren't that many songs listed so far. Hopefully, for a $50/$60 title, this list isn't complete, and that there'll be more songs.


    Yea..although at the same time, can anyone think of a better ending song than walk this way with DMC?



    I was thinking that too. It's a good last song in terms of choice, so hopefully it will be difficult as well, if it turns out to be.


    But I'm still hoping on this list being incomplete. 25 songs is too few.

  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've heard that the game will have 40 songs total, so I'm inclined to think that's not the entire list.

  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So despite having the game since it first came out, yesterday I finally linked up my gamertag to the guitarhero website and joined wang camaro. I think my best ranking is in Story in my life, which I'm not really proud of, as that song is ridicuously easy to get over 300k. I hate that in the few contests and things I participated in, half the people pick it.

    But anyways, I'm also finally trying some extra songs. Which are the good ones and which ones are the ones I should stear clear off? I'm not a fan of the Knight of Cydonia type of song, which just the same pattern of notes repeated ad naseum(hated one of the Dropkick murphy's song for that very reason) much prefer songs with lots of ho/po.

    Spoiler:
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, since the sets are going chronologically, we've got approximately 47 bazillion power ballads that sound exactly the same to go.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Well, since the sets are going chronologically, we've got approximately 47 bazillion power ballads that sound exactly the same to go.

    Oh, they're going chronologically? I wasn't aware of that, so yeah, I guess there's a few more songs to go through. I don't know enough about Aerosmith to have noticed that.

    Spoiler:
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So despite having the game since it first came out, yesterday I finally linked up my gamertag to the guitarhero website and joined wang camaro. I think my best ranking is in Story in my life, which I'm not really proud of, as that song is ridicuously easy to get over 300k. I hate that in the few contests and things I participated in, half the people pick it.

    But anyways, I'm also finally trying some extra songs. Which are the good ones and which ones are the ones I should stear clear off? I'm not a fan of the Knight of Cydonia type of song, which just the same pattern of notes repeated ad naseum(hated one of the Dropkick murphy's song for that very reason) much prefer songs with lots of ho/po.

    I like the No Doubt pack and the Classic Rock pack (Peace of Mind is especially good). The Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver packs are not terrible, but they suffer from "realistic" hammer-ons. For singles, Ernten Was Wir Saen is pretty good.

    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    If "Pandora" is back like "Judy Nails" and "Casey Lynch" came back for GH3, they might as well come up with a new name. Because just like those two weren't even the same fucking character for 3, that doesn't look anything like Pandora.

    Seriously, only Axel, Johnny, and Lars resembled their GH2 versions, and that's because they didn't change them at all.

  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I finally beat the damn game on Expert. Raining Blood and Lou.

    Funny enough: I did not need star power to get through Mosh 1. I had, like, a 30% success rate on it... but I got through without the star power, saving it for the very end (because I had failed three times at 90-91%). I didn't actually even have star power during Mosh 1 that time, I missed one of the first two (always one), and picked up star power later (the series of 3-chords).

    Then I beat Lou. A tip: you CAN still fail during Finish Him, and your rock meter starts where it was when the main section stops. So, going into that one mis-strum away from death... not good. Got it the second time (which would've been the third or fourth time I got a whammy as the first powerup) though.

    My hand was hurting like hell. Then I decided to play along with Dragonforce for the credits.

    I think my hand's dead, now.

    Pony_Sig.png
  • glithertglithert Snortin' K Luthor's towerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think they improved Casey Lynch, myself.

    5vc48Bb.jpg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    More like they should have just come up with a new name if they wanted a generic blonde girl for their guitar game.

  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    People who have an attachment to the characters in this game amuse me.

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    If "Pandora" is back like "Judy Nails" and "Casey Lynch" came back for GH3, they might as well come up with a new name. Because just like those two weren't even the same fucking character for 3, that doesn't look anything like Pandora.

    Seriously, only Axel, Johnny, and Lars resembled their GH2 versions, and that's because they didn't change them at all.

    I don't know about that. I think Johnny went from an early 20s punk to Iggy Pop with spikes.

  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Slash battle on expert is lolhard :( Double notes eh? Sure, hit me with it everytime.

  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    People who have an attachment to the characters in this game amuse me.

    Where the fuck is Clive Winston?

    x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    theantipop wrote: »
    People who have an attachment to the characters in this game amuse me.

    Where the fuck is Clive Winston?

    You may or may not be happy to note that he's back in GH4. Or at least screenshots in GameInformer seem to suggest that.

  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    theantipop wrote: »
    People who have an attachment to the characters in this game amuse me.

    Where the fuck is Clive Winston?

    You may or may not be happy to note that he's back in GH4. Or at least screenshots in GameInformer seem to suggest that.

    Are they not doing character creation? Or do they have the pre-set characters in addition to the created characters?

    'Cause if they do created ones, pre-set characters kind of become a dull novelty. I mean, in the first couple Tony Hawk games, you'd always wanna be Tony Hawk or Bob Burnquist or whatever, but once character creation came along, did anybody really want to be them anymore?

    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Spoiler:
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's good so asshats that come to your house to play aren't required to create a new character with some dick reference for a name.

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Omeks wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »
    theantipop wrote: »
    People who have an attachment to the characters in this game amuse me.

    Where the fuck is Clive Winston?

    You may or may not be happy to note that he's back in GH4. Or at least screenshots in GameInformer seem to suggest that.

    Are they not doing character creation? Or do they have the pre-set characters in addition to the created characters?

    'Cause if they do created ones, pre-set characters kind of become a dull novelty. I mean, in the first couple Tony Hawk games, you'd always wanna be Tony Hawk or Bob Burnquist or whatever, but once character creation came along, did anybody really want to be them anymore?
    They are. From the write-up it seems to indicate that it was essentially modifying pre-made avatars. Which is basically what the THPS creator is/was.

    I'd be happy enough just selecting Judy Nails and then making slight alterations if i didn't like something about it. I've found that character creation is overblown as a feature anyway. At least when there are too many options presented. The kind of overwhelming choices that are presented when you spend just as much time tweaking the distance between the eyes as playing the game.

    Rock Band does it pretty much how I like it. There could be a few extra choices, but I don't want to waste time molding my avatar's face.

  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I maintain that the main function of the character creator will be to forge monstrous parodies of guitarists that can only be considered human by the most tenuous standards.

    steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I maintain that the main function of the character creator will be to forge monstrous parodies of guitarists that can only be considered human by the most tenuous standards.

    Sort of like what Zakk Wylde has become?

    steam_sig.png
  • glithertglithert Snortin' K Luthor's towerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    510620 on stricken
    and it was only worth 10 points
    fuck

    5vc48Bb.jpg
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    510620 on stricken
    and it was only worth 10 points
    fuck

    Now get the 750k one!
    Spoiler:

    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • glithertglithert Snortin' K Luthor's towerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't even see how that would be possible with the on-disc songs. Hell, several of you guys admitted that you only got 500k because one of the free songs is very long and very easy and very chordy.

    5vc48Bb.jpg
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    I don't even see how that would be possible with the on-disc songs. Hell, several of you guys admitted that you only got 500k because one of the free songs is very long and very easy and very chordy.

    I think the only on-disc song that it is even possible on is Through the Fire and Flames, and frankly, my 375k on that song says that that is not possible for me. :P

    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    510620 on stricken
    and it was only worth 10 points
    fuck

    I would laugh, but then it would turn into a mournful chuckle. The way they spread the achievement points was simply retarded.

  • glithertglithert Snortin' K Luthor's towerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got more points for putting a rubber band on my whammy bar
    then playing Number of the Beast
    That is not right

    Edit: according to scorehero, 750k in singleplayer is possible on...
    TTFAF-do really good. Max possible score is like 992,000
    DWDTG- same as above. Max possible score is 893,00
    EWWS-fc, perfect sp, max possible score is 766,000

    5vc48Bb.jpg
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Q: How many GH games can Activision release in one year?
    A: So far, four

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191921.html
    Earlier this year, Activision unveiled Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the first installment in its billion-dollar rhythm series based entirely on a band. No sooner had the publisher announced the deal than speculation began to spread about what the second band-based Guitar Hero game would be. Along with Van Halen, the most mentioned group was Metallica, the legendary San Francisco Bay Area heavy-metal quartet.

    Time to ride the royalty lightning!

    Now, talk of Guitar Hero: Metallica is no longer a case of wishful thinking or idle speculation--it's fact. When sifting through an SEC filing of Activision's over the weekend, Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Edward Woo--associate of the highly visible Michael Pachter--uncovered a gem in the section where the Santa Monica, California-based publisher discussed its upcoming game slate.

    "In fiscal 2009, we plan to publish Guitar Hero: On Tour for the NDS; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Guitar Hero IV across multiple platforms," the company said in its report. Activision's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that the game will likely follow the holiday release of Guitar Hero: World Tour (nee Guitar Hero 4).

    Guitar Hero: Metallica will be the first time a game based on the multiplatinum-selling band--which has become only slightly less famous for its antipiracy efforts as its musical achievements--has made it to retail. However, it is the second such game to be announced. In 2003, Vivendi Games--which will soon merge with Activision--struck a deal to create a vehicular combat game inspired by Metallica's music. Unconfirmed reports stated that the project had been quietly canceled in 2005.

    OTP.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.