As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guitar Hero: Fat bottomed girls (and guys) welcome

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't care what anyone says, GH: Metallica is what I NEED.

Will buy, no question about it. Metallica is easily one of my favourite bands, and having an entire game to them is really appealing to me. Also, there's bound to be some AWESOME bands they throw in every tier or so. I bet we'll see a lot of stuff they covered on Garage Inc, like Diamond Head.

So yeah. Awesome.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about Dave Mustaine unlockable? Yes? No? Hair?

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Haha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

glithert on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about Dave Mustaine unlockable? Yes? No? Hair?

Hair.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Haha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I know if they put him in they would make him the first boss, and super easy.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited June 2008
    And he'd wear a pink shirt that says I SUCK AT MUSIC AND AM UNATTRACTIVE
    On the back: JAMES IS A BETTER SINGER THAN I EVER WILL BE

glithert on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hm. Maybe Guitar Hero: Metallica will be nothing but pure scorehero.com fanservice in terms of note charts.

I would actually not mind that at all.

slash000 on
    edited June 2008
    I imagine there'll be a pack or two in Rock Band that are basically the better songs from GH Metallica except with good notecharts.
    At least, that's what I'd do if I ran Harmonix.

glithert on
    edited June 2008
    I imagine there'll be a pack or two in Rock Band that are basically the better songs from GH Metallica except with good notecharts.
    At least, that's what I'd do if I ran Harmonix.

I thought there already was a Metallica pack of some kind for RB?

or am I confusing it with some kind of Metal pack?

Was there a 'metal pack' for GH3?

I get my DLC confused.

slash000 on
    edited June 2008
    There was Modern metal pack for GH3. It sucked. There was a Metallica pack 01 (labeled as such) in Rock Band. It was awesome. There are plans for a metal pack in Rock Band with fuel (from their later years, sadly).
    But it will also have supernaut and wrathchild, so thats good.

glithert on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    One shortcoming I can see with the Metallica career would be that you'd start playing all their sweet early stuff but later on you'd get into the more iffy era. That wouldn't really be that much of a finish. It'd be cool if they put some of the new album on it though.

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited June 2008
    Kotaku is pseudo-reporting a new Nintendo DS bundle including Guitar Hero On tour:

silverds.jpg

slash000 on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MH79 wrote: »
    One shortcoming I can see with the Metallica career would be that you'd start playing all their sweet early stuff but later on you'd get into the more iffy era. That wouldn't really be that much of a finish. It'd be cool if they put some of the new album on it though.

If they have anything from St. Anger on it I'll buy a copy just so I can kill it with fire. That album should go the way of E.T. for the 2600.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Black and Silver = ok

Fat GH decal = D:

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited June 2008
    So I just read that GH: Aerosmith will have 41 songs in the set list.

At $50/$60, that's pushing it.. but.. at least it's better than 25 songs for $50/$60... still not the gyp that Rocks the 80s was..

but..

still, 41 songs is not a whole lot.

slash000 on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think the GH decal looks pretty good.

theantipop on
    edited June 2008
    Rock the 80s was $35 in some stores. *shrug*

Arikado on
    edited June 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

That's not too bad, I guess.

Most stores, I think, were selling it for $50.

$50 for what was essentially just guitar hero 2 with 30 songs, most of them shit? Total ripoff.

GH:A, which is guitar hero 3 but with new characters, venues, and a 41 song set list, most of which I think may be decent (or at least better than 80s)? Better deal, but still pushin' it at $50/$60.

slash000 on
    edited June 2008
    Also, Kotaku has some more info on GH: Aerosmith:

While I was busy checking out Guitar Hero: On Tour on the DS last week, on the other side of the hall I could hear everyone rocking out to the strains of Aerosmith. Being somewhat of a classic rock fan myself, I headed over to see what the hub bub was all about. Clearly it would be folly to try and explain the ins and outs of the workings of Guitar Hero at this point. If you haven't played it or at least watched it being played live or via videos, you must be living under a rock. Instead I will endeavor to cover all the new features that this particular iteration includes.

As the title implies, Aerosmith band members have been added to the roster of playable characters. Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton are all available for your use with singer Steve Perry and drummer Joey Kramer appearing when needed for full Aerosmith action. As an added bonus, Aerosmith coverer DMC will also be around to join in the hijinks as a playable character.

A slew of Aerosmith hits are available on the 41 song set list (a partial list resides after the jump) which is comprised of about 60% of original Aerosmith material. The remaining 40% are songs by "opening acts" and include hits such as Mott the Hoople's All the Young Dudes (cover) and The Cult's She Sells Sanctuary just to name a few. new venues are also a feature and include not only the site of Areosmith's first concert, Nipmuc High School but many others including: Max's Kansas City, The Orpheum Theater, the Superbowl Half Time Show and Moscow.

It's true that this version of Guitar Hero has plenty of new material to keep fans interested, especially those of the Aerosmith fan variety, and it's no where near the cop out that was Guitar Hero Eighties. But, will it be enough to send people out to buy a full priced retail version? With the advent of all the recently available DLC, a new retail version that doesn't include anything new gameplay wise seems a bit of a risky move. But then again, I never underestimate the power of a new song list to sell copies. I'm hoping that some or all of these songs will be made available as DLC in the future, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

slash000 on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Whoever wrote that either needs to proof read or learn the members of Aerosmith. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but even I know that Steven Tyler is their frontman and that Steve Perry was with Journey.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited June 2008
    Whoever wrote that either needs to proof read or learn the members of Aerosmith. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but even I know that Steven Tyler is their frontman and that Steve Perry was with Journey.

Kotaku's writers often get their facts wrong, or misinterpret things, take quotes/excerpts out of context, try to sensationalize things, and other various stuff that disagrees with me.

Indeed, they fucked up and named Journey's lead singer instead of Steven Tyler.

I'm not even an Aerosmith fan, and I know next to nothing about the band; and indeed I don't have a fucking clue who any of the other band members are - and even I know the lead singer is Steven Tyler.

But anyway. I still check Kotaku because, despite their mistakes and sensationalism, they often get to the news pretty early at least compared to the other news sites. And often good tidbits like the GH:A info (above) can be extracted, despite their inability to know the name of the lead singer and instead insert the name of another lead singer of another band.

slash000 on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Kotaku is pseudo-reporting a new Nintendo DS bundle including Guitar Hero On tour:

silverds.jpg

Oohhh..

I do like the silver/black. I wonder if it's being made without GH bundle..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited June 2008

Kotaku's writers often get their facts wrong, or misinterpret things, take quotes/excerpts out of context, try to sensationalize things, and other various stuff that disagrees with me.

I'm not even an Aerosmith fan, and I know next to nothing about the band; and indeed I don't have a fucking clue who any of the other band members are - and even I know the lead singer is Steven Tyler.

But anyway. I still check Kotaku because, despite their mistakes and sensationalism, they often get to the news pretty early at least compared to the other news sites. And often good tidbits like the GH:A info (above) can be extracted, despite their inability to know the name of the lead singer and instead insert the name of another lead singer of another band.

Steven Tyler + Joe Perry = Steve Perry?

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought there already was a Metallica pack of some kind for RB?

or am I confusing it with some kind of Metal pack?

Was there a 'metal pack' for GH3?

I get my DLC confused.

I really don't know what's released for GH3, but Rock Band had the "Metallica Pack 01" (which implies a second pack, but I think they do that with all of their packs) with ...And Justice for All, Blackened and Ride the Lightning. I enjoy it for playing solo guitar or drums but with my group of friends it never gets any play.

Upon thinking about it, I'd have to hear glowing, glowing reviews and impressions from people here about a full-on GH: Metallica for me to bite on it, seeing as how the best part of any GH/RB for me is the variety and I don't know if I'd really get much play out of a metal-heavy setlist. Most of my friends aren't really into metal, and they're not quite technically proficient at the games enough to enjoy the speed-strumming that metal can provide.
    Arikado wrote:

I mentioned it earlier but I'll repeat and bold-ital for anyone else who's interested: GH Rocks the '80s is now on clearance at Radio Shack for $15. It might be worth a purchase for anyone who's hard-up for more Guitar Hero charts. I didn't keep it but if Seventeen and Holy Diver showed up as Rock Band DLC I'd buy them in a heartbeat. :)
    slash000 wrote:

OT, but I've really stopped checking out Kotaku and all of the Gawker Media sites since I found out the writers get paid based on hits to their stories, which obviously means they're going to sensationalize everything to get more money. They occasionally break good stories but the terrible editing, repackaging of GAF posts and "I'm a blog! No, wait, I'm a news site!" waffling just leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I also recommend a thread title change to say something about World Tour and GH Metallica. Unless we move those discussions to another thread and leave GH3 talk here.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • SponkSponk boglinus minimus Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    I mentioned it earlier but I'll repeat and bold-ital for anyone else who's interested: GH Rocks the '80s is now on clearance at Radio Shack for $15. It might be worth a purchase for anyone who's hard-up for more Guitar Hero charts. I didn't keep it but if Seventeen and Holy Diver showed up as Rock Band DLC I'd buy them in a heartbeat. :)

Don't forget GH 80's also had Extreme's Play With Me. It's probably my favorite ending song for the entire GH series. It's the song Beethoven Played in the mall in Bill & Ted's and also the song C. Diddy uses in Air Guitar Nation. It was technical but fun.

If you like GH or playing plastic instruments of any kind I definitely recommend Air Guitar Nation. My whole family watched it over Memorial Day weekend and even though my parents were skeptical at the beginning we were all laughing, rating the performances and rooting for our favorites by the end. I'd link a youtube of it if I could figure out how to make it NOT embed.

Sponk on
    LIVE ID: sponk81
    wii code: 8041-7562-5268-4264
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

$50 for what was essentially just guitar hero 2 with 30 songs, most of them shit? Total ripoff.

GH:A, which is guitar hero 3 but with new characters, venues, and a 41 song set list, most of which I think may be decent (or at least better than 80s)? Better deal, but still pushin' it at $50/$60.

Even Gamestop was selling it for $39.99, which was the MSRP. ;-)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited June 2008
    Lunker wrote: »

Now that is something I'd be interested in. :^:

OT, but I've really stopped checking out Kotaku and all of the Gawker Media sites since I found out the writers get paid based on hits to their stories, which obviously means they're going to sensationalize everything to get more money. They occasionally break good stories but the terrible editing, repackaging of GAF posts and "I'm a blog! No, wait, I'm a news site!" waffling just leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

Good Lord, now it all makes sense.

Thanks for that info. I always wondered why Kotaku did some of the things they do.

slash000 on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I didn't care about Guitar Hero Aerosmith until I heard they're using Run D.M.C. in the game

now I'd love to buy it IF IT WORKED WITH THE GUITAR I ALREADY OWN

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Even Gamestop was selling it for $39.99, which was the MSRP. ;-)

Hm.. I'm pretty sure the MSRP on GH:R80's is $50. Bestbuy lists it as much. Gamestop lists it for $39.99 for a used copy. Target lists it for $50, as does Micro Center, as well as CircuitCity, and Walmart, to name a few.

There was a short time when Bestbuy was doing a deal, selling Rocks the 80s for less than $50 at release.. I think it was $35 or $40 or something.

I never heard of Gamestop selling for less than $50 though... except during the holidays when they had some special deal..

slash000 on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I liked GH '80s. Of course, I got my copy for free, but I think I can understand the distaste for it if money changed hands. I think of it as a contractually obligated release that the publisher used the band name to gouge money out of people's pockets.

But, yeah... I'll agree that the end result was totally half-assed. I still liked it anyway.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited June 2008
    Although if the songs on Aerosmith are okay, then 40ish for $50 is not that unreasonable. After all, that is way cheaper than DLC. (On the other hand, you can't pick and choose your favourite ones in this format)

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited June 2008
    You know every time it says that you posted I start to worry that you beat my high score by some ridiculous amount.
    I am a sad, sad person.

glithert on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I didn't care about Guitar Hero Aerosmith until I heard they're using Run D.M.C. in the game

now I'd love to buy it IF IT WORKED WITH THE GUITAR I ALREADY OWN

This is how I feel. The only thing that would make it better otherwise is if vocals were implemented.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited June 2008
    Hrm...word on ScoreHero is that someone FC'ed that Dragonforce song, whatever the acronym is.

Arikado on
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    For those who're interested, Through The Fire and Flames was FC'd tonight... http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59752

I'll edit in the video when it gets uploaded.

*boggle*

EDIT: quasi-ninja'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw

midgetspy on
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Somewhere, a doctor is jumping for joy.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D:

I think someone owes this man some money. That is simply incredible.

I love that he was actually surprised he did it too.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited June 2008
    You know every time it says that you posted I start to worry that you beat my high score by some ridiculous amount.
    I am a sad, sad person.

Heh.

You probably have nothing to worry about for a while. In my last few runs I've been barely getting above 280k. I think I need to practice the solo more.

Also, OMGWTFBBQ at TTFAF FC. (Enough acronyms for you?)

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited June 2008
    Eh... It's certainly impressive, but I'd just like to point out how fast this is happening. Once somebody gets One, the whole game will be Fc'ed. I really think that, in the long run, GH3 is easier than 2.
    I can't wait for Antipop to show up just to say that I'm stupid and I only think that because I hate the game or some bullshit like that

glithert on