As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yessiree it is another Pet Thread

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    This is molly:
    molly.PNG

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    golden pheasant!

animals_09.jpg

Oh wow, that's a pretty awesome-looking plumage.

Too bad birds don't make terribly interesting pets. (For the most part)

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't mind having a duck

ducks are awesome

Shorty on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That golden pheasant (and his mate) live in a big run in my grandparents' garden.

It shares the run with a few hens, the barn owl, a mara, a couple of guinea-pigs and some degus.

The degus were originally kept in a cage inside the run, so that the barn owl didn't eat them. One day the door to the cage was accidentally left open, and they escaped. But the barn owl was completely disinterested in them and at night the degus returned to their cage to sleep. So now the cage door is kept permanently open. :D

It's really cute how all the animals live in harmony. The guinea-pig's favourite place to sit is in the centre of the hay trough in the middle of the run, surveying all that is around him.

The silver pheasants share quarters with a little owl. The goats share quarters with the sheep, and more guinea-pigs and rabbits share quarters with a selection of doves and pigeons. The doves and pigeons are/were wild but have found my grandparents' garden a cosy place to sleep and they've also recognised the value of free food so now they roost there regularly. There are also many hens and ducks and geese running around.

The only animals that have to be kept completely separate from the others are these fuckers:

animals_11.jpg

Pretty much because they would actually kill, unlike all of the other owls and predatory birds my grandparents own (all rescue animals). Instead those geese have run of the garden.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    animals_04.jpg
    Ducks

animals_14.jpg
    Degu

animals_05.jpg
    Every day my grandparents receive leftover produce from the local market, so they're able to feed all the goats, guinea-pigs, rabbits and waterfowl fresh fruit and veg for free.

Janson on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had a cute dog when I was younger

He died on my first day of school

When I was older I found out that he had failing kidneys, failing liver, failing heart, was partially blind and had seizures on a regular basis.

I'm kinda glad that I wasn't old enough to get really attached to him

:(

Tav on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    That golden pheasant (and his mate) live in a big run in my grandparents' garden.

It shares the run with a few hens, the barn owl, a mara, a couple of guinea-pigs and some degus.

The degus were originally kept in a cage inside the run, so that the barn owl didn't eat them. One day the door to the cage was accidentally left open, and they escaped. But the barn owl was completely disinterested in them and at night the degus returned to their cage to sleep. So now the cage door is kept permanently open. :D

It's really cute how all the animals live in harmony. The guinea-pig's favourite place to sit is in the centre of the hay trough in the middle of the run, surveying all that is around him.

The silver pheasants share quarters with a little owl. The goats share quarters with the sheep, and more guinea-pigs and rabbits share quarters with a selection of doves and pigeons. The doves and pigeons are/were wild but have found my grandparents' garden a cosy place to sleep and they've also recognised the value of free food so now they roost there regularly. There are also many hens and ducks and geese running around.

Jeez Janson do they all also break into song from time to time like in a Disney film?

Iskander on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    This is molly:
    molly.PNG

Ahaha she does look like that most times, here is another equally bad picture:
    n274706113_876534_499.jpg

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Iskander wrote: »

Jeez Janson do they all also break into song from time to time like in a Disney film?

Janson regularly walks around the garden with a multitude of birds perched on her arms, spinning around and singing.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Janson

what do your grandparents do?

do they run an illegal game hunting center in england?

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    All I have on photobucket are older pictures of my puppy. He's twice as big and 10x more hyper.
    Vlaaa1.jpg
    Vlaaa4.jpg
    Vlaaa6.jpg

And this crappy phone pic with a stupid bandana my sister made him wear. Poor bastard.
    05-31-08_1307.jpg

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    skinny87 wrote: »

Janson regularly walks around the garden with a multitude of birds perched on her arms, spinning around and singing.

a250147.jpg

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No, they just like animals.

My grandmother does a lot of work for the regional poultry fanciers society and also for animal charities, and since she's gained a bit of a reputation for fostering and adopting animals they often have birds, cats and rodents dumped on them, sometimes by strangers.

She also breeds some of her animals.

Let's see:

She loaned three goats to Drusilla Zoo for a year or more, so as a thank you they gave her a couple of maras.
    She had a female Rex rabbit, and then she found a male Rex rabbit wandering the streets. Several notices were put up but no one claimed him, so she kept him and then bred them.
    A couple of her cats were kept from litters that she fostered.
    A barn owl only had one leg, so it couldn't return to the wild.

Etc. Then she buys rare chicken or duck breeds.

The animals are remarkably long-lived, too. Most of her guinea-pigs have lived to be more than 8 years old, so they obviously like their environment.

The only trouble is with the foxes, and humans. One lady recently visited my grandparents completely neglecting to mention the fact that her pet rabbit had recently died of a contagious disease. My grandmother let her pet all the rabbits, and a week later 8 of my grandmother's rabbits had died, including her favourite really tame one, who'd let anyone pet her and who'd sit out on the side waiting for cuddles, and a couple of the Rexes and the mother of a litter of really cute little fluffy lops. :(

Janson on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Stamp, so named for her penchant for angrily stomping her hind foot whenever I do something she doesn't like (like disturb her in any way)
    Boing.jpg

And Boomer. Yes, that is a standard-depth cabinet for scale - she's a Flemish Giant and weighed nearly 22 lb. That's a lot of fuzzy.
    Boomer.jpg

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    i bet the Regional Poultry Fanciers Society parties like a mo'fucka!!!!

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    oh hey, a pet thread.

tardGus.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Giant rabbits are so cool. And usually so mellow, too. And just look at her tail!

Janson on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    skinny87 wrote: »

a250147.jpg
    wait is this the hitler fanart

i was trying to think of a good concentration camp joke... but it's not worth it

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    oh hey, a pet thread.

tardGus.jpg

gus is a big goober in that picture

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    2hpn7up.jpg

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like how the weight of the water is holding the Pom down.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Giant rabbits are so cool. And usually so mellow, too. And just look at her tail!

She was seriously mellow! You could pick her up and she'd be happy to chill on your lap for hours. Whenever I'd take her to visit my parents, my mom's cat would freak out at the gigantic, friendly furry thing chasing her - but Boomie just wanted to be friends.

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Usagi wrote: »

She was seriously mellow! You could pick her up and she'd be happy to chill on your lap for hours. Whenever I'd take her to visit my parents, my mom's cat would freak out at the gigantic, friendly furry thing chasing her - but Boomie just wanted to be friends.

More like she was flirting with becoming a carnivore.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    furries are adorable but christ the yiffing

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

bunnicula.jpg

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Goddamnit I want an owl.

2w3n91y.jpg

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My dog eats other dogs.

And sleeps like this, but completely covered, sometimes I almost step on her in the dim because she is completely covered and the lump she makes isn't very visible.

dog.jpg

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

This is entirely possible.

Perhaps she was tired of the nearly-endless vegetation and needed something more substantial. Like cat.

Usagi on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    hey this isn't what i typed at all !

But you were thinking it.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    hey this isn't what i typed at all !

it was the intent

i just washed away all the hullabaloo covering your deep dark secrets

yes, deeper and darker than those secrets

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    gustakeoff.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    i bet the Regional Poultry Fanciers Society parties like a mo'fucka!!!!

:^:

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    goddamn, owls

how did they get so nonchalant

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Evolution.

Wait, no. God made them that way.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    First person to post an ORLYOWL picture gets a disapproving stare

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    wtfGus.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip that is a damned happy dog

Iskander on