As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Search by topic title only?

OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
The search feature currently includes options for "Search topic title and message text" or "Search message text only". Is there any way to change the latter to "Search topic title only", or add it as a third option? I really can't think of any time I'd want to exclude the topic title, whereas the opposite seems like it would be much more useful when looking for pre-existing threads on a subject (like searching, say).

Orogogus on

• Options
    contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    huh5rb.jpg
    are you looking for that?

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    That just shows the results as topics.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    You can limit the search to the first 25 words. That should mostly result in a topic title search. Otherwise, no, that feature doesn't exist.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    That also only affects the summaries that show up when your search is done, unfortunately. It still searches the entirety of all the messages as far as I can tell.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    That would be quite useful. It's quite rare that I actually need to search for body text.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    phpBB feature. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to implement this one.

Älphämönkëy on