Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WoW] I, for one, welcome our Retribution overlords [Paladins]

• formatformat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    does anyone do this 'seal twisting' thing i have heard about?

You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    format wrote: »
    does anyone do this 'seal twisting' thing i have heard about?

Not if it's remotely related to 'seal clubbing.'

Ba dum psh!

Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You mean mixing SoR and SoV? I'll do that sometimes depending on mana and cooldowns.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    You guys are brutal. Give him some time to update the OP before going apeshit on him.

He has 20 mins. 20 mins and we break out the locks and the socks.

Is that 20 mins from then or 20 mins from when I logged on 10 mins ago?

Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
    edited June 2008
    From then. Just ignore the rogue behind you about to sap you.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok well I rewrote the Holy paragraph, as I stole that one from Munkus. the other ones I had already rewritten. Rewrote the introduction, and put in Sabremau's Retribution spec and my Protection spec. I'm not entirely sure what a good Holy spec is though. I know its supposed to be 41/20, but I can't figure out whether I'm supposed to be taking Blessed Life or something.

Tube-san wrote:
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Ok well I rewrote the Holy paragraph, as I stole that one from Munkus. the other ones I had already rewritten. Rewrote the introduction, and put in Sabremau's Retribution spec and my Protection spec. I'm not entirely sure what a good Holy spec is though. I know its supposed to be 41/20, but I can't figure out whether I'm supposed to be taking Blessed Life or something.

this is the standard holy build for both pvp and pve

th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    oh uh pvp specs i guess

there is no pvp prot spec

holy is the same as up there

this is for ret pvp (though you can move things around a lot)

th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008

what are the locks and the socks for?

Tube-san wrote:
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Might want to include the situational (As in, you have enough Paladins in 25-mans) Holy buffbot spec that gets Imp Might

League of Legends: Studio
    edited June 2008

what are the locks and the socks for?

A very basic improvised weapon.

edited June 2008
    my old maths teacher used to threaten to beat us with a sock full of diarrhea

Tube-san wrote:
    edited June 2008
    Might want to include the situational (As in, you have enough Paladins in 25-mans) Holy buffbot spec that gets Imp Might

no screw you nobody deserves that

th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    But... but there's still no difference in gameplay!

edited June 2008
    nobody!

rhymes with

blow me

th_crabz.png
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    holy is the same as up there

Getting killing blows by throwing your shield in someone's teeth is awesome though. :^:

edit: quoted wrong part. whatever.

edited June 2008
    nobody!

rhymes with

blow me

But.... But you're on NotSargeras, so far away from Vantha.

edited June 2008
    nobody!

rhymes with

blow me

But.... But you're on NotSargeras, so far away from Vantha.

i actually quit the game

which makes my constant poasts even more confusing

th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    How could you quit the game knowing I could never quit you?

edited June 2008
    because i am the most cruel mistress

mastress?

matress

th_crabz.png
    edited June 2008
    because i am the most cruel mistress

mastress?

matress
    Spoiler:

Tube-san wrote:
  • EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, at 49, there is a tankadin on my server who has invested all his points in prot and has neither reckoning, blessing of sanctuary, holy shield nor ardent defender. Oh, I specced ret prematurely (at 49) so that this guy could tank our mara run, since we were both prot. WHOOPS.

And the worst...IMP DEVO AURA D:

Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
    edited June 2008
    not having sanctity aura is ok, all your points in prot at level 49 is perfectly understandable as there are almost as many talent points in Prot to take that are nice as there are talent points to SPEND (bloated ass fucking tree). However at level 49, nothing hits hard enough to bypass Ardent Defender and with PuG healers I spent a lot of time below 35%

Tube-san wrote:
    edited June 2008
    not having sanctity aura is ok, all your points in prot at level 49 is perfectly understandable as there are almost as many talent points in Prot to take that are nice as there are talent points to SPEND (bloated ass fucking tree). However at level 49, nothing hits hard enough to bypass Ardent Defender and with PuG healers I spent a lot of time below 35%

Er
    Blessing of sanctuary.

Oh and yes. Apparently he HAD holy shield, he just never used it!

edited June 2008
    Erios wrote: »

Er
    Blessing of sanctuary.

I never used it and still don't unless in Hyjal and only then if I can have Kings AND Sanctuary.

Tube-san wrote:
    edited June 2008
    Yes, but it's also the prereq for holy shield D:

edited June 2008
    true. and Holy Shield is the meat of your AOE aggro against melee enemies until you get some serious spell damage.

Tube-san wrote:
  • SabinXLSabinXL Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I always found BoSanc to be useful while leveling. It's not as useful in instances where kings does a better job overall. I think it'd be much better if the mitigation aspect was applied after DR and not before, but when it comes to raiding content that's negligible anyway.

edited June 2008
    SabinXL wrote: »
    I always found BoSanc to be useful while leveling. It's not as useful in instances where kings does a better job overall. I think it'd be much better if the mitigation aspect was applied after DR and not before, but when it comes to raiding content that's negligible anyway.

It tends to shine best when facing dual wielding mobs which hit fairly softly to begin with. I would love to see that blessing get reworked or get some better scaling with the expansion.

• rizriz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We're going to have the prot paladin tank RoS tonight. He's done most of phase 3 before when the warrior died, but phase 2 without reflected Deadens should be interesting! I'm really hoping that the warrior doesn't manage to get off work after all, I want to see if our DPS can pull it off.

Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    riz wrote: »
    We're going to have the prot paladin tank RoS tonight. He's done most of phase 3 before when the warrior died, but phase 2 without reflected Deadens should be interesting! I'm really hoping that the warrior doesn't manage to get off work after all, I want to see if our DPS can pull it off.

So your Interruptors are going to kick shocks AND deadens?

I'd love to hear how that turns out. We missed 2 Deadens last night, and spent about 9seconds at "oom" before Desire died. Have your Inner Focus Dispels/Devour Magics/Lay on Hands ready!

Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
    edited June 2008

I've done P3 and it's pretty trivial and might even be better then a Prot Warrior for P3. But our kickers can't seem to manage deaden + spirit shock if they have to do both.

• rizriz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »

So your Interruptors are going to kick shocks AND deadens?

I'd love to hear how that turns out. We missed 2 Deadens last night, and spent about 9seconds at "oom" before Desire died. Have your Inner Focus Dispels/Devour Magics/Lay on Hands ready!

Yeah, like the theory is that a LOT of us just don't DPS during Deaden, myself (destro lock, I have a high chance of one-shotting myself) and the #1 hunter particularly, he says he just auto-shots during Deaden or he'll die... So without that restriction, full-on DPS the whole time, we're curious to see if it'll make up for the damage bonus from Deaden we'll be missing. The key thing is yeah getting them to kick Deadens instead of ignore them. Have to remind them to turn off those Deaden-hiding addons.

Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • NismoGrendelNismoGrendel Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Just got done tanking kara, it was so much more fun than healing. One of our druid tanks went resto for the run. Now we both wanna trade roles for 25 mans too :p

Also, it figures that I dont see triptych for about a year straight running kara. I got mag's shield the other night, and guess what was in the chest at chess event :(

Ahh well

edited June 2008
    we have killed Jan'alai every reset for about four months now.

Our prot warrior wanted the Bulwark of the Amani Empire so badly, and I had the Nightbane one while he had Sha'tar crest so I was happy to pass it to him.

The one day he can't come to ZA and we bring our feral druid?

BAM, Shield drops. Mine!

Normally we bring at least one of our holy paladins to each run, sometimes two. I wonder what drops off him last night?

BAM, Enamelled Disc of Mojo.

Go me.

Tube-san wrote:
  • Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User
    edited June 2008
    SabinXL wrote: »

It tends to shine best when facing dual wielding mobs which hit fairly softly to begin with. I would love to see that blessing get reworked or get some better scaling with the expansion.

I found the most fun in the world to be the standard Sanc + Ret Aura + Shield Spike + Holy Shield when facing those monks in SM Armory who hit very lightly and at 100mph. I discovered that I could stand there and have conversations with the mages in /say and periodically /wave at the healer while entire swarms of the little buggers would simply beat themselves to death on me. So much fun! :D

Also I was told to bring locks n' socks. I have a few to pass out if anyone needs them. Who were we mercilessly beating this time around?

edited June 2008
    Thoma.

Tube-san wrote:
    edited June 2008
  • Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User
    edited June 2008
    You two are confusing the angry mob here! ;-)

edited June 2008
    Thoma AND Dhalphir.

Tube-san wrote:
This discussion has been closed.