Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Getting into (better) shape in 30 days

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    johann wrote:
    I have a few xls spreadsheets up w/google i can share with different body builder types of diets.
    ie something geared toward losing fat, keeping muscle and being generally well balanced.

I just started a new diet today for this competition season, so i can babble about diets for quite a while.
    Please share. I'd like to see them. I went and scoured one of my local grocers for lean pockets ultra and came up with nothing. I'm going to keep searching. I'm considering Thanatos' diet but fuck waking up at 8:30 for breakfast. I'm goddamn lucky if I'm up at 10 am.
    You know, the times have absolutely nothing to do with it. There's nothing that says you can't push everything back three hours, and eat breakfast at 11:30. Or even eat the meals closer together/further apart, in a different order, or substitute shit for it. In all honesty, I wasn't terribly scientific or exact when I came up with this; I just said "I need a lot of protein, something to balance it, and 1800 calories." This is just how I get that particular mix. Really, the big points are having some balance between fat, carbs, and protein, and getting a big meal right after you get up, whenever that is, preferably something with a lot of carbs (the generic Total, in my case).

edited July 2006
    Dalboz wrote:
    So, I guess back to exercise, I have slight man-teets. They aren't that noticeable, but if I sloutch, they are a bit more pronounced. I haven't been in good shape over the last couple of year (stress of job leading to bad eating habits and no exercise). I also have love-handles (the fat deposits above the ass on the lower back). I really want to get rid of these. Obviously, spot reducing doesn't work and I just need to burn fat overall (although I've heard that no matter what the love handles are almost impossible to get rid of; why?). But are there excercises to help? I thought I read somewhere, although I don't remember where, that exercising the upper pectoralis muscle can help reduce the man-teets by essentially inflating/lifting the upper chest. But does this really work?

For the record, I'm 28 years of age, 5'11"-6'0", and over 200 lbs, I think. I'm not sure my exact weight because I don't own a scale, but I topped out at 220 lbs. I've lost weight since then by getting better control of my diet and some exercises every other day, mainly consisting of weights, push-ups, and crunches, although they hurt my back. Plus I'm now walking to work (3 miles one way and 3 miles home, so 6 miles every day), but I don't know what my weight is currently at. With those stats, any particular advice would be appreciated. Unless it's the same as what's been said, in which case just say so. :)
    Yeah, basically, diet and losing weight are going to be the biggest helps with getting rid of the extra fat.

Some people, however, are just genetically predisposed towards getting man teats. Other than surgery, there's nothing you can do about it if you're one of those people. I would guess that the same is probably true of love handles. However, if you're not one of those people, losing weight should take care of it.

I would assume that the more muscle you have, the better-defined it's going to be, and the less of a problem your love handles/man teats are going to be. So, while spot reduction is a myth, working those muscles would, I'd think, make those areas look better.

• Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'm not sure who has said what, but eat breakfast and don't eat so much grease. Water, water, and water. People mistake thirst for hunger, so... drink lots.

sig-1.jpg
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    johann wrote:
    I have a few xls spreadsheets up w/google i can share with different body builder types of diets.
    ie something geared toward losing fat, keeping muscle and being generally well balanced.

I just started a new diet today for this competition season, so i can babble about diets for quite a while.
    Please share. I'd like to see them. I went and scoured one of my local grocers for lean pockets ultra and came up with nothing. I'm going to keep searching. I'm considering Thanatos' diet but fuck waking up at 8:30 for breakfast. I'm goddamn lucky if I'm up at 10 am.
    You know, the times have absolutely nothing to do with it. There's nothing that says you can't push everything back three hours, and eat breakfast at 11:30. Or even eat the meals closer together/further apart, in a different order, or substitute shit for it. In all honesty, I wasn't terribly scientific or exact when I came up with this; I just said "I need a lot of protein, something to balance it, and 1800 calories." This is just how I get that particular mix. Really, the big points are having some balance between fat, carbs, and protein, and getting a big meal right after you get up, whenever that is, preferably something with a lot of carbs (the generic Total, in my case).

Yeah, I can't wake up at 8:30, I'm tryin to shoot for 9:30 at the moment, so I'm just adjusting everything upwards a bit. My main problem is the whole getting a decent breakfast thing. I'm a fairly shitty cook, so I'm just goin with a couple of bowls of cereal at the moment. I wonder if there is any fast food chain at all that accidently has a some-what healty breakfast thing.

Cronyx wrote:
    Also, it isn't representative of "my actual self" either. That's technically my LARP character.
    PSN: Fiatil
  • johannjohann Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Here's the spreadsheet
    Hope this link works
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=o01123298768564430441.4491484679467948265

Yah timing is really up to the dieter. Its all about just having small portions every 2-4 hours.
    If you are having correct portion sizes, you will _know_ when the 2-4 hours is up and its time to feed again. Its very important to have things planned out. Cook everything that needs to be cooked on say a sunday and then put each meal in a ziplock container or something. It makes it way easier to stick to a diet if you have your meals all ready and near you.

When I make a diet I usually make one column of 4-8 carb "meals" and anohter of 5-7 protein "meals". Basically setting up a carb and a protein together to have a full meal at feeding times. Another trick that is nice to use is a 4 day revolving schedule with higher carb and higher protein days. the idea is to keep the body guessing. Basically a protein day (deplete)gives you enough proteins to digest and not feel hungry, but is a lower calorie days. After a few deplete days, a high carb day(greater total calories on these days) with lower protein calories, which actually makes you feel hungrier.
    It keeps one's metabolism from going into a starvation mode, which is bad for losing weight and keeping muscle mass.
    So i have one medium carb/protein day 2 protein days and 1 carb day.

There is no sig!
    edited July 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Dalboz wrote:
    S So, while spot reduction is a myth, working those muscles would, I'd think, make those areas look better.

My favorite quote on spot reduction:
    If spot reduction worked, then people who chewed gum all day long would have skinny faces.

There is no sig!
  • MoriartyMoriarty __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2006
    a fat dude with burly-ass arms is better than a fat dude with scrawny-ass arms is what than is saying, i think

will suck dick for shock images and videos
    edited July 2006
    Moriarty wrote:
    a fat dude with burly-ass arms is better than a fat dude with scrawny-ass arms is what than is saying, i think
    Yeah, more or less.

This coming from a fat dude with decently-burly arms. :P

• TubeTube Working As Intended Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2006
    Nighthold wrote:
    www.bodyforlife.com

Works *wonders* when you actually follow it.

I dont recommend supps unless you really want to put on muscle, but follow the meal and exercise plan to a T and you will lose the weight.

I never tried that, because I didn't like the fact that they want you to take things with names like Mixytrixykillyoulene.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    A good way to help create a calorie deficit is to be in constant movement. Fidget. Whenever you're sitting down, tap your fingers, tap your feet, pace, clench and uncleanch all your muscles.

It's never going to be enough to achieve anything by itself, but it may well be sufficient to help push you over the edge.

Provide sample data to the Traitor project here || What is Traitor?
    SODOMISE INTOLERANCE
    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
  • The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Try to becareful about eating a ton of things with sweetners instead of plain sugar though. Sweetners have been found to actually slow down your metabolism after a while. So try to keep those things to a minimum.

Also, I saw someone say that people tend to mistake hunger for thirst a lot of times--this is all too true. Try to keep a bottle of water around at all times. Also, drinking colder water is better for you when you excersise--as in, it helps you actually burn more calories. it's not a ton of calories, but after a while, it adds up. The way that works is when your body tries to heat the water up to body temperature, it burns calories, simple.

Another good thing to drink that has no calories: tea! Green tea is also great because it has so many beneficial antioxidants. Also, if you drink it at some point during the say, you get a caffein boost. So I would recommend drinking a glass when you wake up, and in the afternoon Also, apparantly Green tea helps stimulate your metabolism as well, so that's a plus.

I also saw that you were somewhat hesitant about eating fish or cottage cheese. Some good weays to cook fish (salmon is delicious! but if you do get salmon, DO NOT GET FARM RAISED--these tend to contain high amounts of mercury. Thus, only buy wild salmon.) is by having it seared. use olive oil to cook it in too. in fact, instead of using regular vegetable oil when cooking, try to have your mom switch to olive oil, it's a much healthier alternative. As far as tuna goes, I can't really think of much to do with packaged or canned tuna, so I would just buy tuna fillets and grill them, or sear them. Cottage cheese is excellent with some cinnamon on it and a TINY TINY bit of sugar (I suppose if you must, use sweetener, but you really only need a tiny bit). The just eat it with fruit.

Another healthy snak: celery w/ peanut butter and raisins (or skip the raisins if you want).

What Apothe0sis said is pretty good advise too--always try to keep yourself moving. If at somepoint you can sit, don't. Stay standing instead (haha, unless your feet are dying). You burn more calories standing than sitting. And making small adjustments can add up quite a bit in the end, which can only help.

Also, what you said about not being able to cook for breakfast, and maybe some fast food chain has something: I highly doubt it's too healthy for you if it's at, say, McDonalds. Even if it is a fruit salad. Their fruits tend to be under-ripe and flavorless, or over-ripe and slimy. :( . You should really try to learn how to cook. Start helping your mom with dinner and watch what she's dooing and ask questions. I bet she'd be more than happy to have an extra hand around the kitchen. And really, it's not that hard to make a couple of eggs.

One good breakfast to try your hand at: Omlettes!

I use 1 or 2 eggs, put in a little salt, some pepper, ad 1/4 of a green bell pepper, 1/4 of a red bell pepper, a little onion, and sometimes mushrooms (again, make sure to use a little olive oil instead of vegetable oil). After you flip it the first time, add a little cheese (like, 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar). Than maybe a slice of 9 or 12 grain bread toasted (I don't really like 12 grain bread myself though... :P ), and a cup of green tea, with a little bit of honey if you so choose.

Good luck with everything!

edited July 2006
    If you are trying to lose weight and not just eat healthy watchout for adding cheese to things and careful with salmon. Its one of the higher calorie fishes.

I definatly agree that tea,black coffee and water should be drinks of choice for the dieter. The caffine is great because its a fat burner!

There is no sig!
    edited July 2006
    johann wrote:
    If you are trying to lose weight and not just eat healthy watchout for adding cheese to things and careful with salmon. Its one of the higher calorie fishes.

I definatly agree that tea,black coffee and water should be drinks of choice for the dieter. The caffine is great because its a fat burner!

Isn't caffeine...unhealthy?

Cronyx wrote:
    Also, it isn't representative of "my actual self" either. That's technically my LARP character.
  • Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Fiatil wrote:
    johann wrote:

Excessive caffeine, sure, like pretty much everything else. Within reasonable limits, though, not that I know of. Not that I've done a ton of research on caffeine.... hmm, new project for this afternoon.

edited July 2006
    Jimmy King wrote:
    Fiatil wrote:
    johann wrote:

Excessive caffeine, sure, like pretty much everything else. Within reasonable limits, though, not that I know of. Not that I've done a ton of research on caffeine.... hmm, new project for this afternoon.
    Within reasonable limits, there are actually health benefits to caffeine, especially if you're dieting, since there's some research to indicate it gives your metabolism a bit of a boost.

edited July 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Jimmy King wrote:
    Fiatil wrote:
    johann wrote:

Within reasonable limits, there are actually health benefits to caffeine, especially if you're dieting, since there's some research to indicate it gives your metabolism a bit of a boost.

Yes indeedy! But you have to be careful about drinking too much coffee, because that can lead to dehydration. Hence why I said tea instead of coffee, it won't dehydrate you and it's healthier for you than coffee. But even when drinking tea, don't go beserk on it--you have to make sure you're still drinking plenty of water.

As afar as the cheese goes, I didn't say eat a ton, I'm pretty sue I said only a little. I meant it to be in moderation and not in any meal--I should have pointed that out. Though I thought that 1/4 of a cup (measure it out, it's not a lot) kind os gave that away.

And yes, salmon is one of the higher calorie fish, but it's because they contain a higher amount of fat--not the bad fat mind you though. They contain a generally higher amount of OMGEA-3 Fatty acids your body needs to keep muscle and help your brain out. Considering that the person asking for advice here is stil fairly young and in school, I don't think it would be a bad thing to eat a bit of a higher calorie fish. Especially if he doesn't eat it every single day, or 3 times a day.

I've basically read that eating fish at least 3 times a week gives you the benefits you're looking for, and since he doesn't seem to like fish that much, that's probably a good thing that it only needs to be 3 times a week. All of the other times I would suggest lean meets like chicken and turky, etc.

• Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Jimmy King wrote:
    Fiatil wrote:
    johann wrote:

Yes indeedy! But you have to be careful about drinking too much coffee, because that can lead to dehydration. Hence why I said tea instead of coffee, it won't dehydrate you and it's healthier for you than coffee. But even when drinking tea, don't go beserk on it--you have to make sure you're still drinking plenty of water.
    Why would tea not dehydrate you like coffee? It is the caffeine that causes the dehydration, both have caffeine (otherwise tea would make a pretty terrible caffeine substitute for coffee) and depending on the type of tea, sometimes tea has considerably more caffeine than coffee.

edited July 2006
    Jimmy King wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Jimmy King wrote:
    Fiatil wrote:
    johann wrote:

Why would tea not dehydrate you like coffee? It is the caffeine that causes the dehydration, both have caffeine (otherwise tea would make a pretty terrible caffeine substitute for coffee) and depending on the type of tea, sometimes tea has considerably more caffeine than coffee.

Indeed, but green tea doesn't have quite as much caffeine as plain old black coffee does. Mainly, I wanted to point out that you have to be careful and watch for dehydration (no matter what you're drinking), and that tea is just better for you in general.

I think it's Black tea that has just as much, if not more, caffeine than coffee. But I'm pretty sure it's not quite as healthy for you as green.

And if the person really wants to stay away from caffeine they can always look up caffeine content of seperate teas somewhere.

One tea that DOESN'T have caffeine (as far as I know): Red Zinger tea (Celestial brand). It's quite delicious, and still very nutritious (excuse the rhyming ^_^).

• DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Two notes:

Salmon is a fattier fish, but it is a better kind of fat (omega-3). While consuming it in excess is still bad, like everything else, it is better than the typical omega-6 fatty acids you get from most other sources. So consume in moderation.

Also, beware of olive oil. While real olive oil contains monounsaturated fats, which are good for your heart, but it is difficult and expensive to come by. Most of the olive oil you see in the market has been refined and diluted, which remove most of its healthy properties, or isn't really olive oil at all but is instead canola or hazelnut oil with a little olive oil added for taste. Good guidance to selecting olive oil can be found here (mostly applies to the U.S.): Choosing Olive Oil?

edited July 2006
    Dalboz wrote:
    Two notes:

Salmon is a fattier fish, but it is a better kind of fat (omega-3). While consuming it in excess is still bad, like everything else, it is better than the typical omega-6 fatty acids you get from most other sources. So consume in moderation.

Also, beware of olive oil. While real olive oil contains monounsaturated fats, which are good for your heart, but it is difficult and expensive to come by. Most of the olive oil you see in the market has been refined and diluted, which remove most of its healthy properties, or isn't really olive oil at all but is instead canola or hazelnut oil with a little olive oil added for taste. Good guidance to selecting olive oil can be found here (mostly applies to the U.S.): Choosing Olive Oil?

Ahh yes, the olive oil. I would suggest Santini brand Olive Oil since it's one of the brands of olive oil that isn't messed with (besides making sure it's free of shit like bug parts, lol). however, just lok at the guide posted. And really, olive oil can be used sparingly with good results.

edited July 2006
    And yes, salmon is one of the higher calorie fish, but it's because they contain a higher amount of fat--not the bad fat mind you though. They contain a generally higher amount of OMGEA-3 Fatty acids your body needs to keep muscle and help your brain out. Considering that the person asking for advice here is stil fairly young and in school, I don't think it would be a bad thing to eat a bit of a higher calorie fish. Especially if he doesn't eat it every single day, or 3 times a day.

I've basically read that eating fish at least 3 times a week gives you the benefits you're looking for, and since he doesn't seem to like fish that much, that's probably a good thing that it only needs to be 3 times a week. All of the other times I would suggest lean meets like chicken and turky, etc.
    For vegeterians, you can also get omega-3 fatty acids from walnuts, flax seed (must be ground up; the healthy part is the "meat" inside and your digestive tract won't break down the husk, which means you get fiber with it too), and chia. Yes, the stuff you put on ceramic animals is supposed to be an incredibly potent foodstuff, although I can't seem to find it in any market yet.

I myself put two tablespoons of ground flax seed on my shredded wheat every morning. I may be overweight, but at least I'm not constipated.

edited July 2006
    Its much easier to get flax seed in your morning cereal with some uncle sam's cereal. Its already got flax in it, and its about the lowest sugar content of any cereal out there. When i'm dieting its wheatabix and uncle sams cereal(colon blow as i like to call it)

I totaly agree that its great to get omega-3 fatty acids and all of that, however if one is looking to diet down fast, in say 30 days, I would be cutting calories everywhere i could.
    Its much more filling to have 8oz chicken breast instead of say 4oz of salmon.

course i say this as I'm eating my daily can of solid white albacore in water with spicy mustard. :p

There is no sig!
    edited July 2006
    johann wrote:
    Its much easier to get flax seed in your morning cereal with some uncle sam's cereal. Its already got flax in it, and its about the lowest sugar content of any cereal out there. When i'm dieting its wheatabix and uncle sams cereal(colon blow as i like to call it)
    I usually buy a bag of organic flax seed and grind it a third cup at a time in coffee grinder (which I only use for flax seeds). I store it in a ziploc bag and portion it out each day. I like the simplicity of ground flax with shredded wheat. I usually put a little organic cinammon on it and use organic fat-free milk. I'm an organic man.

I tried to buy a cereal that had flax in it, but found that the flax was whole, which doesn't do you a whole lot of good. I don't know if uncle sam is different, though.

edited July 2006
    How much worse is the vegetable oil tuna for you than the water tuna? Cause you know, if it's not that much different when drained, I seem to prefer the kept-in-vegetable-oil kind.

Cronyx wrote:
    edited July 2006
    Fiatil wrote:
    How much worse is the vegetable oil tuna for you than the water tuna? Cause you know, if it's not that much different when drained, I seem to prefer the kept-in-vegetable-oil kind.
    I'm not really sure, but an easy way to find out would be to compare the labels.

edited July 2006
    Fiatil wrote:
    I actually have a can of oil stuff in my cabinet.

The biggest deal is the 5 extra grams of fat per can (2 extra per serving). It also has 50 extra calories per can (20 extra per serving), and 2.5 extra grams of protein (1 per serving).

Not that much worse.

• stixs4321stixs4321 Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Fiatil wrote:
    Tuna in water contains 0 fat basically but is dry as hell. Tuna in vegetable oil would have fat but who knows how much? It would be very moist which is a plus.

• EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2006
    I am tall and have no fat anywhere besides my belly and its not like I eat alot or sit at the computer all day. Why the fuck is the little bit of fat collecting there.

SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User
    edited July 2006
    EliteLamer wrote:
    I am tall and have no fat anywhere besides my belly and its not like I eat alot or sit at the computer all day. Why the fuck is the little bit of fat collecting there.

Meh, same here. I'm 6'2, 169lbs. and for some reason my fat is on the stomach area mainly. I guess we just gotta workout the stomach?

• MerittMeritt Registered User
    edited July 2006
    For males, the first part of your body that starts to get fat is your belly/stomach. Women it's usually their ass.

You are getting fat. Simply.

No, you can't spot reduce your stomach. You need to lower your overall bodyfat by a combination of healthy dieting and proper exercise (cardiovascular and weight training, ideally).

Read this thread and other 500 like it. This shit isn't rocket science.

test
  • stixs4321stixs4321 Registered User
    edited July 2006
    EliteLamer wrote:
    How little of a bit? Could possibly just be because of poor posture that your lower back sways foreward and gives you a gut. Stretch out your lower back, hip flexors and workout your abs correctly.

edited July 2006
    The other important thing to remember about flax seed is that you can mix it up with steel blue entemola to get a cheap restore magicka potion.

edited July 2006
    Oh, and don't by it from shops. You can pick it in vast quantities outside Skingrad.

edited July 2006
    The other important thing to remember about flax seed is that you can mix it up with steel blue entemola to get a cheap restore magicka potion.
    Actually, supposedly one tablespoon of ground flax seed mixed with three tablespoons of water can act as a replacement for one egg in baking, although I haven't tried it yet.

On the subject of we can eat, is there anything in particular to avoid? For example, I've heard mixed things about popcorn, with some people say it's bad for the sugar and oils and other saying it's good for the fiber and that it's mostly air. Or is it just a portion control problem?

• jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited July 2006

If you are a master of alchemy then you don't need the shrooms. Plus you can combine it with other ingrediants for damage health, feather or shield. It is the seed that keeps on giving.

Anyway speaking of tuna, I just made tuna salad with 6 oz chunk tuna in light oil, a hard boiled egg, pickle relish, and yellow mustard. I wanted to see if a good tasting tuna salad could be made without mayo, and it worked out very well. Is is enough for two big sandwiches. It comes out to 6 grams of fat for the whole thing, so 3 per sandwich. 4.5 grams of that is from the egg so if you wanted to really cut the fat out then half an egg would probably do.

This was my first time making hard boiled eggs, and they came out perfectly. I used the following instructions: http://homecooking.about.com/cs/atozfoodindex/ht/How_Cook_Eggs_S.htm

• KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Really glad I found this post. I've lost a good bit of weight (~65 lbs) over the past 6 months but I've recently plateaued at around ~180. I don't know if that's the correct term, but basically I can't lose weight.

I'm pretty sure my problem is that, since summer started, I've been eating basically 2 meals a day. I never really adopted the 4-5 meal program because I had questions that couldn't be easily answered: how big are these meals supposed to be, and how frequently should I eat them? But now with the good schedule by Thanatos, among others, I think I'll give it a shot.

Oh, and also, to those of you looking for exercise, I recommend at the very least playing a bit of DDR for cardio. It isn't much when you start out, but I've gotten to the point where I can do ~25 heavy songs back to back without rest. It's good for toning leg muscles as well. I do it in 2 30 minute sessions a day, though one 45-60 minute session is supposedly just as good or even better(Note- that's in game time. Because of the unavoidable pause between songs, a 30-35 minute session of in game time is actually ~40 minutes outside, simply because it only records while you are playing). Also, I was surprised at how impressed people are with my sweet(haha, what?) skills. Also, just to specify, this is at home on a ~$35 pad with an old ass version of the game. You can even pick up a new one for fairly cheap, as well as a cheaper pad.

If anyone has any questions about that aspect, let me know.

(Oh, and first post. Hot shit.)

!! ! ! !!
    edited July 2006
    edited July 2006
    I haven't been properly measured in some time, but when I last rented a tux the lady guestimated 5'8"-5'9" and it turned out alright. To avoid having to look back and do the math, I was ~244 lbs when I started. From BMI calculators I'm still overweight and will be until I get around 165. I know they're not 100% accurate but yeah.

!! ! ! !!
    edited July 2006
    If you're working out a lot, you've probably got a fair bit of muscle. Do you look/feel overweight? I had a BMI calculator tell me I was overweight when I was pretty close to dying from malnutrition.

edited July 2006
    With clothes on I look fine. I'm pretty much trying to lose all this upper body weight. It's so stubborn, ugh. Not too big of a deal when clothed, like I said, but I have severe confidence problems from being overweight for a long ass time, even though I'm 17. Just trying to get as fit as possible by Aug 31st, move-in day for first year of University.

!! ! ! !!