As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hellgate: London † Time to learn Korean?

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I decided to check out The Wilds. That place is insane. I managed to make it pretty far into the second zone but the sheer amount of baddies they throw at you in nuts. I was starting to run out of powerpacks before I had to bail. That place is like 100x more fun than Harrow Wake and 100000x more nerve wracking. Molotov Assault ftmfw. Almost lvl 41 now.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man leveling always feels the slowest when you get not one but multiple awesome new items, but need to raise several levels to use them. Just a level and a half left and I can use my unique chest armor, a couple more and I can use my unique boots. Those are the only 2 unique pieces I have.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    WhifflebatWhifflebat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, after Threepio's enthusiastic thumbs up for the current state of HG:L, I went ahead and bought a copy, despite having been in the beta and not liking it. I was pleasantly surprised to see EB had dropped the price to $19.99 which means if I still don't like the game, Threepio will only be slightly maimed. Yay!

Whifflebat on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Version 3 of TC Patch 2 has landed.

Link for patch notes: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=100789

Orange is stuff that has changed since Version 2. See the end for additional changes since Version 1 and Version 2.

devoir on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    finally had some time to play this again. Just hit 21 w/ my marksman. Would be happy to group w/ anyone in my lvl range next time i'm on.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Version 3 of TC Patch 2 has landed.

Link for patch notes: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=100789

Orange is stuff that has changed since Version 2. See the end for additional changes since Version 1 and Version 2.

Damn looking good, looks like we are getting closer to release. Another patch or two should do it.

corin7 on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd been hearing that on the TC, guardians were falling short of parity with the other classes. I'm not on the TC to check, but I hope that some of those latest changes give them the necessary boost.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The only thing I don't quite understand is,

All Patch 2 weapons can now only be Legendary, Unique, or Mythic.

I'm assuming that now the new stuffs, Ripshards, Thumpers etc, only spawn as Orange+?

That seems kinda weird, seeing as I enjoy having a white Ripshard on my Darkform Summoner with +25% crit chance.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So according to Microsoft vp John Schappert Hellgate has over 1 million suscribers. If true then it seems this game has been a lot bigger success than anyone thinks. I imagine this is just 1 million people with online characters and not paying suscribers but still means the game has sold in excess of 1 million copies making it very successful PC game.

link:

http://kotaku.com/5019541/microsofts-open-letter-to-pc-gamers-full-of-good-news

corin7 on
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but will the Abyss levels in patch 2.0 be available to non-subscribers in any form?

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but will the Abyss levels in patch 2.0 be available to non-subscribers in any form?

No just like stone henge you have to be a sub to gain access to the new areas. There will be a few new tilesets mixed into the old areas though.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like the new Foundry tile that's been put into the maintenance tunnel tileset.

Killed Moloch last night solo, the damage softening on the monsters might have gone a little too far, I never dropped below 900hp, and I only have 1.1k.

devoir on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn, just installed the new Nvidia drivers and the trade off is negligible performance increase, but now I can't alt tab without the game crashing.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Damn, just installed the new Nvidia drivers and the trade off is negligible performance increase, but now I can't alt tab without the game crashing.

I guess I will be avoiding those for now.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    corin7 wrote: »

Made even more awesome by the fact that after traveling several zones to get to a mission objective somebody IMed me which tabbed my game...

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So according to Microsoft vp John Schappert Hellgate has over 1 million suscribers. If true then it seems this game has been a lot bigger success than anyone thinks. I imagine this is just 1 million people with online characters and not paying suscribers but still means the game has sold in excess of 1 million copies making it very successful PC game.

link:

http://kotaku.com/5019541/microsofts-open-letter-to-pc-gamers-full-of-good-news

That's pretty awesome news.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm assuming most of those subs (if they really are paying subs) are the Asian servers. Something like Korea had a massively opening sell rate, but the company that published lost some ~$Billion(s). Someone had the article up at Hellgate's forums.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    Spectre45Spectre45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can my blademaster, Spectre40, get a guild invite?

Spectre45 on

Wii Code: Spectre45 - 3045 6435 9861 4101
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I need an invite for Kurahoshi and Quantus.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Made even more awesome by the fact that after traveling several zones to get to a mission objective somebody IMed me which tabbed my game...
    Great got crashed out again by an IM durring the same quest...

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Invites sent to Kurahoshi and spectre40, quantus is already in a guild. Drop it and I will try again. Starting my weekend tonight so if anyone wants to get some moloch runs in the next couple of days... well let me know.

corin7 on
  • Options
    DuressDuress Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    can I get a guild invite for Prodeath?

Duress on
    prodeath.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ok, am I missing something about Stonehenge? It seemed like people were really impressed with it, and yet it looks like it's basically two zones, one of which wasn't even released when Stonehenge first came out, and the other is overly massive, and a fairly unremarkable tileset and filled with boring zombies.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Ok, am I missing something about Stonehenge? It seemed like people were really impressed with it, and yet it looks like it's basically two zones, one of which wasn't even released when Stonehenge first came out, and the other is overly massive, and a fairly unremarkable tileset and filled with boring zombies.

It is like 13 zones I think with 4 mini bosses and 2 uber bosses. I rarely want to play anywhere else.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Yes, you are.

Collect essences. Go into the two-zone boss areas off Wake Hallow. Each boss zone has a cave part and a boss-specific zone. Collect heads from each of the unique bosses at the end of the second zone.

Then turn the heads in to zone into a three-zone area to kill Moloch.

Plus the Wilds (tuned for group play) has Dessicator.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    OK, is there any way to increase the drop of essences? I think 45 minutes in Wake hollow got me one out of 5 essences, for one type. Then 30-40 minutes of playing on my new blademaster got me one more.

Is it going to take me forever to get to the good content?

Septus on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    there are a few tricks for spectral (downed exospecter, 314's mind but don't kill the bosses)

necro and beast are pretty random, WH farming is pretty much the best

i might have some floating around, which do you need?

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    there are a few tricks for spectral (downed exospecter, 314's mind but don't kill the bosses)

necro and beast are pretty random, WH farming is pretty much the best

i might have some floating around, which do you need?

I'd just like to get into any of the sub bosses, I think I have 1 beast and 1 spectral essence on Zerika.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    i might have a head set i can send you

i'll check when i get home

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    XaboraXabora Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think its time for me to reinstall this and make use of my lifetime sub. >_>

Xabora on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've seen the name Abby thrown around. Who is that?

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That's the boss at the end of Monument Station, the one you have to use the shrink rays on.

Also, I hit 50, woot woot!

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    IvanIssacs wrote: »

yeah beast of abandon

also: grats squirrel!

septus where do you want these essences

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    IvanIssacs wrote: »

yeah beast of abandon

also: grats squirrel!

septus where do you want these essences

On my guardian, Zerika.

Septus on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    So. I can play on both US and EU servers on my account.

My buddy bought the game, and he can only play on the EU server. Do you need to do something special to get onto the US server, or do I get both servers for some special reason?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Just create a US account. Sub won't transfer.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I knew about subs being US/EU only. So he can make a US account somewhere on the site? I can't see that option anywhere, probably because my account already works on both.

Anyway, we started playing a bit on Sydonai.

Echo on
  • Options
    NewresNewres Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, I knew about subs being US/EU only. So he can make a US account somewhere on the site? I can't see that option anywhere, probably because my account already works on both.

Anyway, we started playing a bit on Sydonai.

Hey was just about to ask if anybody else was playing on the euro server.

I am around level 15 with an evoker named Nauker. If anybody wants to team-up or has a guild on the euro server(Sydonai) that accepts non-subscribers it would be appreciated.

Newres on
    960751-1.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    May I just say how much I love the Sandman MIRV? Sure, it's not the most efficient weapon, but it feels like I'm carrying around a flak cannon.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Newres wrote: »
    I am around level 15 with an evoker named Nauker. If anybody wants to team-up or has a guild on the euro server(Sydonai) that accepts non-subscribers it would be appreciated.

Playing with my buddy - we're level 12 right now. I'm Scarne the marksman, he's Xzaronius the BM.

Echo on