As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Me vs. PVC shower curtain

Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I bought a cool shower curtain made of striped transparent PVC. Immediately after installing it I noticed two problems:

1) The creases. Due to the way the curtain was packaged, it is full of sharp, very noticeable creases and wrinkled areas that spoil the intended effect of the bumpy striped pattern and make the entire curtain look stupid. Is there a way to straighten the creases/wrinkles? I've been thinking about applying heat, e.g. blowdryer, but I'm worried about damaging the curtain. I have a sauna where I could hang the curtain and heat it to 80 C; will this destroy the curtain? My mom claimed the wrinkles will disappear "over time" but I'm not a very patient person.

2) The smell. The curtain smells of PVC; the entire bathroom smells of PVC. Will the smell go away? When will it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

MSL59.jpg
Bliss 101 on

• Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    The smell will go, the folds will take longer. You can machine wash the curtain normally with cold water (although this will just give you a pretty abstract pattern of creases :P ), but don't use heat because you'll probably melt it and your bathroom will certainly smell a whole lot worse. My real advice? Care less. If this is all you've got to worry about in life, you're a lucky dude.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No shit, man. Within a week, both of these problems will be solved through regular use.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yep, a few hot showers and some time hanging straight and this will all go away.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yup I'm afraid as usual mother is right, time will take care of both issues so if you're that impatient than your out of luck.

Casual on