As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(D&D 4e) Where is the Damage?

Nixon89Nixon89 Registered User new member
edited June 2008 in Critical Failures
I have played Dungeons and Dragon for about 9 years and don't claim to know everything about the game, but my issue with the new edition is that damage seems to scale up very well at all. I mean it seems very very difficult for a high level group to really do the damage to kill the monster before you run out of gas. With a you doing what 6(1d8)+25+1d6 that being an average of what 53 damage? A high level monster has over 1000 hp. That just seem like well a very slow road indeed. A wizard can do Disintegrate does what 5d10+10 and 10 a round and 5 a round if you save. So that is 35 damage average and that is a daily power. Just seems to me that is very hard to do a lot of damage.

What do you guys think about it? Am i reading something wrong or not understanding the rules?

Nixon89 on

• Options
    dscrilladscrilla Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Both the PCs and Monsters have more HP in 4th ed. The aim is that the rules are less complex and go faster. Your example has the monster dead a little under 20 hits. DM's are also encouraged to have the foes surrender or flee some point after bloodied. I never liked that you always had to Kill for XP in previous editions.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
This discussion has been closed.