About this thread:
Link to the Your Greatest Gaming Moments no longer works
This was a thread that I had going for some time before the forum crash that occured a few months ago. During the time in which this thread was around it had eventually managed to accumulate a rather impressive list of gaming accomplishments thanks to contributions that were made by a number of forumers here. Note too that when I say "rather impressive" it should actually be taken as quite the understatement considering many of the posts that you guys made in that thread. There are some names and quite a few achievements that still stick out in my mind from that but I will refrain from mentioning any here because I would hate to leave anyone out. That and I suck at names to begin with and there were far too many listed toward the end there for one to possibly hope to recall. Anyway . . .
The posts here can basically be as simple or elaborate as you want them to be. You could simply say "beat (game name) on (difficulty setting)" or post a screenshot of your accomplishment if you want to do so. However, if you set out to achieve something specific in a game that would require that you play the game to fully comprehend it, you should explain things in a bit more detail. The same goes for any case in which you set out to beat a game under special conditions which are not necessarily required but you wanted to aim for anyway. This could include completion time, a certain strategy used, beating the game within a certain number of lives or coins, limitations that you set on yourself (never saving, never using certain items or weapons), or anything similar you may like to point out.
Also, to make the thread easier to read I will routinely update the OP with brief descriptions of accomplishments that people have made throughout the thread along with their user name. I will also be doing this with any of the screenshots that are posted unless I eventually run out of room here. If that becomes the case at some point, I will still have something within one of these initial posts pointing out the page the screenshot is on, who had posted it, and what game it came from. If I accidentally forget to add anyone to the list that I will have going once I have updated to a certain point (for instance I might post that I have updated up to page 5) feel free to send me a PM so that I can go back and add you. If you think that I need to add more to the description of your accomplishment because a detail had been left out or you want to go back and add something feel free to send me a PM for that as well. And finally, this time around I will be starting off with some on-topic posts that I found from another thread.
All of the forumers and achievements that I already have listed below were taken from the Your Greatest Gaming Moments
thread that Duchess Prozac made awhile ago. This was a thread where you could post your greatest and/or coolest moments in gaming, which is to say that it contained a number of stories and mentionings of gaming experiences that people here have had. I simply went through and gathered all of the unintentionally off-topic posts that the thread had acquired having to do with achievements so that they could be reposted here as on-topic posts. So first off, I would like to thank Duchess Prozac and everyone who had accidentally misinterpreted her thread for the starting material. Also, if you have any great gaming moments that you would like to mention you could certainly post them there if you think it would be more fitting.
PA Formers and their Achievements:
- Beating Ready Steady Go on Very Hard.
- Resident Evil 1 with a knife, Devil May Cry 1-3 on DMD, GTA: SA/VC at 100%, God Mode Ares on God of War, and 50% win against SFA2 Shin Akuma (Akuma Mode). Added from this thread -
While playing Street Fighter Alpha 3: World Tour mode, has accomplished the following: Level 32 Shin Akuma, Level 32 Evil Ryu, Level 32 Ken, Level 32 Akuma, and Level 32 R.Mika. Recently finished Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, all tests of valor, unlocking the Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Chun-Li and Guile costumes for the characters. All modes/games for (old school) Street Fighter Alpha Anthology: Sonic 3 + Kunckles, all gems, emeralds, hyper characters unlocked.Had a Level 99 Alucard back in the day for SOTN. All the weapons in Ratchet: Deadlocked are unlocked and at level 99, as are all his characters for Onimushma: DOD. Also in Deadlocked: entire game, all difficulties, weapons to 99, 120+ skill points. With Ractechet and Clank: GC, all weapons upgraded, crystals found, Moonstones found, etc. UYA: 30/35 skill points (Quark's levels left), all weapons upgraded, all but one trophy. Has unlocked everything in RE4 but the handcannon and had a best accuracy rating of 94 percent during a straight playthought (PS2 version). More from God of War, beat all Challenges of the Gods (unlocked the weird/cool costumes) and cleared all Dark Realms for Onimusha 3 and 4 (the rewards for beating the last Dark Realm in Onimusha 3 were the Ultimate Whip for Jacques and Bishamon Sword for Sam. You can go back in with them, but you've got nothing but your normal weapons the first time around). 101% and 102 percent in DKC and DKC2 respectively. Beat Battletoads in BattleManiacs and cleared Contra with 3 lives (once). Okami - Never died during any fights, all weapons powered up, relics acquired. Recently beat God of War 2 on every difficulty and has a Titan rank for every Challenge of the Titans.
- Completed Sonic 3 + Knuckles in one sitting, no saves, full completion, Doomsday and all. Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.
- Beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated with every character and fully completed F-Zero GX.
- Completed all of Half Life 2 : Episode 1.
- Beating Myst and Riven without guides with the assistance of a friend. Beating Diablo I with same friend.
- Beat the secret mission "Tough boys/guys" in DMC3 with only a segment of health.
- Beating Resident Evil on the Gamecube in under 2 hours. Added from this thread -
Achieved 100 percent completions for all characters in MGS 2 (see Lorks screenshot in the post below for reference).
- Taking down Tiamat in FFXI for the first time in his servers history.
- Beat RE 4 with 100% accuracy and no deaths.
- Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.
- In Super Metroid beat the game in 1:23 (or 1:28?) with 100% completion. Can beat all the bosses in Mega Man X, X2, Zero 2, and Zero 3 without having to use their weaknesses. Added from this thread -
In Beyond Oasis, has a save file where he beat the game in 1:56, collected all 15 gems for each of the spirits, and remained at rank 1.
- Won a CS tournament against a lot experienced and way older players at age 15. Unlocked all the trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee. Very hard mode. One life. Recently beat Push Mode at level 5. Playing MMZ3 got an A rank on every mission.
- Beat Resident Evil 2 in under 3 hours (2:48 exactly) without saving.
- Beat Super Mario World in 13 minutes.
- Got 100+ wins playing Tekken Tag Tournament back when it was still popular and had good players at the arcade.
- In FFT beat the game with level 30 teams on three seperate occassions, one as all Wizards, one time as all Priests, and one time as all Summoners.
- Completed Star Wars Arcade on one credit.
- Bushido Blade 1. Completing the challenge of 100 fights without dying once.
End of posts from the Your Greatest Gaming Moments thread.