Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Great Achievements in PA Gaming: The Rebirth: Finally Updated!

RehabRehab Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
About this thread:

Note: Link to the Your Greatest Gaming Moments no longer works
Spoiler:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

papresentsol9.gif

PA Formers and their Achievements:

Herby - Beating Ready Steady Go on Very Hard.

Ownage Jones - Resident Evil 1 with a knife, Devil May Cry 1-3 on DMD, GTA: SA/VC at 100%, God Mode Ares on God of War, and 50% win against SFA2 Shin Akuma (Akuma Mode). Added from this thread - While playing Street Fighter Alpha 3: World Tour mode, has accomplished the following: Level 32 Shin Akuma, Level 32 Evil Ryu, Level 32 Ken, Level 32 Akuma, and Level 32 R.Mika. Recently finished Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, all tests of valor, unlocking the Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Chun-Li and Guile costumes for the characters. All modes/games for (old school) Street Fighter Alpha Anthology: Sonic 3 + Kunckles, all gems, emeralds, hyper characters unlocked.Had a Level 99 Alucard back in the day for SOTN. All the weapons in Ratchet: Deadlocked are unlocked and at level 99, as are all his characters for Onimushma: DOD. Also in Deadlocked: entire game, all difficulties, weapons to 99, 120+ skill points. With Ractechet and Clank: GC, all weapons upgraded, crystals found, Moonstones found, etc. UYA: 30/35 skill points (Quark's levels left), all weapons upgraded, all but one trophy. Has unlocked everything in RE4 but the handcannon and had a best accuracy rating of 94 percent during a straight playthought (PS2 version). More from God of War, beat all Challenges of the Gods (unlocked the weird/cool costumes) and cleared all Dark Realms for Onimusha 3 and 4 (the rewards for beating the last Dark Realm in Onimusha 3 were the Ultimate Whip for Jacques and Bishamon Sword for Sam. You can go back in with them, but you've got nothing but your normal weapons the first time around). 101% and 102 percent in DKC and DKC2 respectively. Beat Battletoads in BattleManiacs and cleared Contra with 3 lives (once). Okami - Never died during any fights, all weapons powered up, relics acquired. Recently beat God of War 2 on every difficulty and has a Titan rank for every Challenge of the Titans.

ToadTheMushroom - Completed Sonic 3 + Knuckles in one sitting, no saves, full completion, Doomsday and all. Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.

Cowbomb - Beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated with every character and fully completed F-Zero GX.

Talith - Completed all of Half Life 2 : Episode 1.

Akilae729 - Beating Myst and Riven without guides with the assistance of a friend. Beating Diablo I with same friend.

TheHanku6 - Beat the secret mission "Tough boys/guys" in DMC3 with only a segment of health.

Sanius - Beating Resident Evil on the Gamecube in under 2 hours. Added from this thread - Achieved 100 percent completions for all characters in MGS 2 (see Lorks screenshot in the post below for reference).

solsovly - Taking down Tiamat in FFXI for the first time in his servers history.

werehippy - Beat RE 4 with 100% accuracy and no deaths.

Evil_Reaver - Completed Burnout 3 at 100%.

Henroid - In Super Metroid beat the game in 1:23 (or 1:28?) with 100% completion. Can beat all the bosses in Mega Man X, X2, Zero 2, and Zero 3 without having to use their weaknesses. Added from this thread - In Beyond Oasis, has a save file where he beat the game in 1:56, collected all 15 gems for each of the spirits, and remained at rank 1.

Akatsuki - Won a CS tournament against a lot experienced and way older players at age 15. Unlocked all the trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee.

F-Zero_Racer - Super Smash Bros. Melee. Very hard mode. One life. Recently beat Push Mode at level 5. Playing MMZ3 got an A rank on every mission.

Mwu_La_Fraga - Beat Resident Evil 2 in under 3 hours (2:48 exactly) without saving.

Harlingtox AD - Beat Super Mario World in 13 minutes.

kennrr - Got 100+ wins playing Tekken Tag Tournament back when it was still popular and had good players at the arcade.

exit - In FFT beat the game with level 30 teams on three seperate occassions, one as all Wizards, one time as all Priests, and one time as all Summoners.

Jeedan - Completed Star Wars Arcade on one credit.

gazamc - Bushido Blade 1. Completing the challenge of 100 fights without dying once.

End of posts from the Your Greatest Gaming Moments thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rehab on

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Had a 49 game win streak when X-Men vs. Street Fighter was popular in the arcades with a Sabretooth/Dhalsim combo. Everyone waited until I beat the game so they could get me off the machine.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Drez wrote:
    I unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP (my 100% save is posted at GFaqs). You have to play through it a number of times for this. I know the game like I know the back of my pencil.

You should link to the save that you have on GFaqs as long as it is out there. That does sound pretty cool too seeing as you had to go through the game several times in order to do this. I have gotten pretty close to getting everything in the Wind Waker during the second time around myself but I had one figurine missing from the gallery. But yeah, if you link to the page your score is on I will definetly add it along with your post when I update later one.

Undead, you certainly went through Half-Life 2 rather fast so congrats on that. I take it that you liked that game. Wezoin, I'll admit that I really don't know too much about Halo but I know that is quite impressive. I have seen people play on Heroic before and it is certainly challenging to say the least. However, you really don't need to be blantantly cocky about it though. :P

• TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Try as I might, I can't think of any. I know I should have some though. Um...

Beating Fallout2 with nothing but hand-to-hand combat? Beating Karnov on the NES without cheats when I was a kid was pretty god damned hard. Same with Kid Icarus. Beating MGS3 on Extreme.

• thorpethorpe Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Finished Doom 3 Nightmare speedrun.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I unlocked everything in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for the PSP (my 100% save is posted at GFaqs). You have to play through it a number of times for this. I know the game like I know the back of my pencil.

You should link to the save that you have on GFaqs as long as it is out there. That does sound pretty cool too seeing as you had to go through the game several times in order to do this. I have gotten pretty close to getting everything in the Wind Waker during the second time around myself but I had one figurine missing from the gallery. But yeah, if you link to the page your score is on I will definetly add it along with your post when I update later one.

Undead, you certainly went through Half-Life 2 rather fast so congrats on that. I take it that you liked that game. Wezoin, I'll admit that I really don't know too much about Halo but I know that is quite impressive. I have seen people play on Heroic before and it is certainly challenging to say the least. However, you really don't need to be blantantly cocky about it though. :P

:)

The page is: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/920798.html
    And the actual file is (dunno if linking straight to the file works): http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/syphon_filter.zip

steam_sig.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Oh, I dunno if this counts...but one of my earliest gaming moments was playing Ultima III when I was...umm 3 years old. The game was admittedly too difficult, as was Ultima I and II (which my father purchased after III - we had an Atari 800XL and C64 back then).

Anyway, a few years ago I loaded up Ultima I from the compendium or whatever that Origin released, and...I beat it in an hour and twelve minutes :P

steam_sig.png
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    [im/g]http://fyre.castleparadox.com/images/fable_lottastats.jpg[/img]

the numbers only got higher after that. I also had a 1005 skill multiplier, which I didn't get a picture of since I've returned Fable to my brother for now. Lionhead owes me new thumbs.

[spoiler:8ddb2f8ab8]It took forever to run down the multiplier, too. I teleported like 3 times and it was still at 300 or so. But the best part was waiting to get that high, and then using Age potions to get 1000 x 1000 XP points.. I really need to get an updated picture[/spoiler:8ddb2f8ab8]

How in the hell did you get it that high? I only ever got to like... 40 or 50.

Graned this was TLC and on the PC.

edited July 2006
    Holy shit FryeWulff, those are some impressive stats right there. I have seen some people with hardcore Fable characters but that is the first time I have seen one maxed out in so many different attributes.

Thorpe, happen to know the time on that speedrun? That you were even able to do a speedrun of Doom 3 on Nightmare is fucking awesome of course. I actually do not know if it was tiered exactly like the first Doom which had something ridiculous like Hell as the hardest difficulty but that can't be easy.

• ZonghuiZonghui Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Now I feel like playing Fable

• PojacoPojaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran today, it's a tough one

edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Holy shit FryeWulff, those are some impressive stats right there. I have seen some people with hardcore Fable characters but that is the first time I have seen one maxed out in so many different attributes.

Thorpe, happen to know the time on that speedrun? That you were even able to do a speedrun of Doom 3 on Nightmare is fucking awesome of course. I actually do not know if it was tiered exactly like the first Doom which had something ridiculous like Hell as the hardest difficulty but that can't be easy.

I have no idea. Speed-run is a relative term in this case. By any normal Doom standards, it would be "really-fucking-slow", so a better title would be "Doom 3 Nightmare without stopping."

(or dying)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MegoDrDoomMegoDrDoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    These are somewhat common but I consider them jobs well done.

Hitman: Blood Money. Beaten on all difficulties with at least 5 silent assassin ratings on each.

Call of duty2 on Veteran.

XBL and PSN - MegoDrDoom
    edited July 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

I have no idea. Speed-run is a relative term in this case. By any normal Doom standards, it would be "really-fucking-slow", so a better title would be "Doom 3 Nightmare without stopping."

(or dying)

Alright, that sound fair enough. Most of what I do know about Doom 3 comes from having watched my brother play the game a bit and just from that I can tell that the game is 1) really difficult in quite a few places, 2) a decent sized game in terms of length, and 3) made even harder due to lack of light in certain areas (such as Hell). Looks extremely fun to play as well and has great audio and visuals.

Frank, nice list you have going there. I haven't actually played either of those NES games but if they are anything like most of the games at that time they are probably steep in difficulty. I remember how long it took me and a friend in college to beat Dracula from the first Castlevania and how glorious it was finally beating that bastard (though we were using a Game Shark while playing that gave us unlimited continues). Those games certainly gave you a sense of accomplishment when you beat them. The other two things you have there aren't too shabby either.

• Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Pretty much the only cool thing I can do is beat the speeder bike level in Battletoads without dying.

I also beat Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis.

Yeah I suck.

Umlauf.gif
    Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Pretty much the only cool thing I can do is beat the speeder bike level in Battletoads without dying.

Yeah I suck.

What he said, minus any actual achievements.

Unless my ability to take the slightest scrap of a bit of information and completely build up my own story and concepts around it counts(see Soulblades/Soulweapons entry for more information*).

*As in ask me if you actually want to know.

• TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Can multiplayer accomplishments count? I beat my friends about 20 races in a row on 4 player Mario Kart.

• DrummondDrummond Registered User
    edited July 2006
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Drummond wrote:
    irulehyrule.jpg

I've beaten Links Awakening without dying. (Surprisingly, the hardest part is earlier in the game.. once you get a lot of life containers and the restore potion it becomes surprisingly easy.)

steam_sig.png
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I once went 24/0 with the pump shotty in a LAN CS game. And I don't even know how to play.

(Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
    edited July 2006
    Huh, I just noticed we have two people who have finished Call of Duty 2 on Vereran difficulty. I think if we have more stuff like that from this or any other game I may actually have to start a list for those specific games at some point.

And yalborap, the story that you made behind Soulblade and the other Soulweapons sounds interesting. You can certainly go ahead and explain here it or post a link to it if you want.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:
    I once went 24/0 with the pump shotty in a LAN CS game. And I don't even know how to play.

And apparently neither did the people you were playing with.

OH BURN!!!! :)

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2006
    Fuck yeah, old school Zelda screenshot!

edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:

And apparently neither did the people you were playing with.

OH BURN!!!! :)

You're only half right. Many sucked, but it was 12 on 12, with good players mixed in on both sides. I'm not saying it was amazing or anything, just something I'm proud of. Shaguar was there.

stream
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    and for those wondering: that's as much General Experience as you can get in Fable TLC, at least for Xbox. Enemies will still drop it but you can't gain anymore. Apparently they wanted you to be able to get a hojillion of the 3 specific stats, though..

edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Huh, I just noticed we have two people who have finished Call of Duty 2 on Vereran difficulty. I think if we have more stuff like that from this or any other game I may actually have to start a list for those specific games at some point.

And yalborap, the story that you made behind Soulblade and the other Soulweapons sounds interesting. You can certainly go ahead and explain here it or post a link to it if you want.

It's not so much a story as a concept I took way too fucking far. You've seen the hidden sword familiar in Symphony of the Night, right? And how it has that special attack that effects the entire screen? Listen to what he says when you do it. "Gather, brother soulblades!"

I have one fuck of an imagination. I very quickly wondered about these other soulblades, what kind of weapons they might be like and such. This led to me thinking up a few. I currently have 6 made, three of which are used by major characters I use in some of my various stories.

Of course, being the insane little bugger I am, I took it even FARTHER. I thought they needed a way to fight on their own as efficiently as in the hands of a wielder. So, I quickly created armors...Soul armors. Rei-yorois. Each of these weapons I've created has one, based on their design, personality(I also gave them personalities), and how they fight best. For instance, the first one I made, Akurabe. Jibberish in actuality, but it sounds cool. Anyways, the weapon is this big, triangular beast. We're talking anime or Soul Caliber lengths here. Five feet long, weighs 200 pounds, made of this crazy stone that is also my own design. (Roughly looks a bit like this: |\ With the bottom being where the hilt is, and the slanted part being the blade) It got this big, bulky black and gold armor.

...You see, this is why you need to make sure your children never have too much free time on their hands.

edited July 2006
    Here's something slightly more . . . actual. I made a Fendazon in D2 that could survive 8 player Hell Cows, Diablo and Baal, around 1.07-9. With the same character I killed NM Diablo in 1 hit. Well, 2: I had the maul with %chance to cast amp, hit him with that once and he amped. I switched to my spear and killed him in 1 hit. I was helping my friends concentration paladin rush through NM, so I had that, the amp, deadly strike/critical hit, etc. Was awesome.

stream
    edited July 2006
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

It's not so much a story as a concept I took way too fucking far. You've seen the hidden sword familiar in Symphony of the Night, right? And how it has that special attack that effects the entire screen? Listen to what he says when you do it. "Gather, brother soulblades!"

I have one fuck of an imagination. I very quickly wondered about these other soulblades, what kind of weapons they might be like and such. This led to me thinking up a few. I currently have 6 made, three of which are used by major characters I use in some of my various stories.

Of course, being the insane little bugger I am, I took it even FARTHER. I thought they needed a way to fight on their own as efficiently as in the hands of a wielder. So, I quickly created armors...Soul armors. Rei-yorois. Each of these weapons I've created has one, based on their design, personality(I also gave them personalities), and how they fight best. For instance, the first one I made, Akurabe. Jibberish in actuality, but it sounds cool. Anyways, the weapon is this big, triangular beast. We're talking anime or Soul Caliber lengths here. Five feet long, weighs 200 pounds, made of this crazy stone that is also my own design. (Roughly looks a bit like this: |\ With the bottom being where the hilt is, and the slanted part being the blade) It got this big, bulky black and gold armor.

...You see, this is why you need to make sure your children never have too much free time on their hands.

D:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006

Yeah I suck.
    I'm not much better- from what I've heard, I'm positive several people have probably managed to pull this off- but mine from the original thread is taking two WarioWare Original games to terminal velocity (meaning, the game can't go any faster). Spunky Monkey to 100, and Button Masher to 301.

Since then, I came in 2nd in a Soul Calibur tourney (my first tournament). Thing was, I'd never picked up a Dreamcast before that day.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User
    edited July 2006
    I've got one that is more of a personal achievement than a really huge one. I played a LAN game of Counter-Strike and it was 2 on 2 (my brother and I versus his two friends). We were playing against the supposed "good" people, like, omg fucking hax good. Anyway, we played about 10 rounds on De_Dust and I bought the AK. Six out of those ten rounds were won by me only using two bullets for each round. I got some of the sweetest head shots I had ever done in those rounds.

Made me feel pretty good afterwards :)

My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:
    Here's something slightly more . . . actual. I made a Fendazon in D2 that could survive 8 player Hell Cows, Diablo and Baal, around 1.07-9. With the same character I killed NM Diablo in 1 hit. Well, 2: I had the maul with %chance to cast amp, hit him with that once and he amped. I switched to my spear and killed him in 1 hit. I was helping my friends concentration paladin rush through NM, so I had that, the amp, deadly strike/critical hit, etc. Was awesome.

That sounds like a fine Diablo 2 character right there. What do you mean by Fendazon though? From your desciption I would have to guess that it is either a Barbarian or an amazon character but the terminology you used there is alien to me. I had a pretty good Paladin character going myself that was around level 70 or so. Never got to the point where I could kill Nightmare Diablo in 2 hits though, that is extemely good. I can only imagine how much damage your are dealing with that maul weapon.

Diablo 3 can't come out soon enough as well. Hopefully Blizzard will at least have it out by sometime next year. I have seen advertisements for it but seeing as this is Blizzard we're talking about the game could be coming out anytime between now and 2010. We still don't even know what the hell happened to Starcraft: Ghost exactly.

edited July 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

D:

That is uh . . . I'm not sure honestly. I would have to go with a good mesh of obsessive and scary there I guess. Looking past that I guess the point that we can all come to is that Soul Calibur rocks. You should let Namco know about your thorough description of the history of the Soulblade though to see what they have to say.

Heh, this kind of reminds me of the person that made that 30+ page paper about the Grand Theft Auto series in his free time and then made a thread about it. I would conceed that you have a stronger grasp on your sanity though. Well, you would almost have to really.

edited July 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    thorpe wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

D:

That is uh . . . I'm not sure honestly. I would have to go with a good mesh of obsessive and scary there I guess. Looking past that I guess the point that we can all come to is that Soul Calibur rocks. You should let Namco know about your thorough description of the history of the Soulblade though to see what they have to say.

Heh, this kind of reminds me of the person that made that 30+ page paper about the Grand Theft Auto series in his free time and then made a thread about it. I would conceed that you have a stronger grasp on your sanity though. Well, you would almost have to really.

Well, their living weapons have their own history. Mine is just an offshoot of that damn familiar from SotN.

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I used to drive around setting up free Mario Kart challenges at Lan parties and gaming conventions. First to 10 wins with a top prize of $1K.

www.mario-kart.net/challenge (if its still up)

edited July 2006
    I used to drive around setting up free Mario Kart challenges at Lan parties and gaming conventions. First to 10 wins with a top prize of $1K.

www.mario-kart.net/challenge (if its still up)

So, the early rules said you had to be beaten to seven by 2. What if they got there, but only by one?

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    edited July 2006
    Its like tennis, you play until someone IS ahead by 2.

Ahhh.

Sounds fun.

• ForgottenVariableForgottenVariable Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I beat the F-zero gx story mode on very hard. I will forever have the last mission's track burned into my mind.

edited July 2006
    mtvcdm wrote:

Yeah I suck.
    I'm not much better- from what I've heard, I'm positive several people have probably managed to pull this off- but mine from the original thread is taking two WarioWare Original games to terminal velocity (meaning, the game can't go any faster). Spunky Monkey to 100, and Button Masher to 301.

Since then, I came in 2nd in a Soul Calibur tourney (my first tournament). Thing was, I'd never picked up a Dreamcast before that day.

That is really good for your first time playing the game on an entirely new system. I take it that your were already familiar with the arcade game before you entered the tournament?

• davidbarrydavidbarry Registered User
    edited July 2006
    The only thing I've done worth mentioning is get 5.8 million points on Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. I have also broken into the top 100 for the original Geometry wars, with a little over 1 million points.

davidbarry.jpg
    edited July 2006
    yalborap wrote:
    Well, their living weapons have their own history. Mine is just an offshoot of that damn familiar from SotN.

Ohhh okay, I was probably thinking of Soul Edge or subconsciously tying it in with the title of the first game of the Soul Calibur series. That makes a lot more sense now, especially as Soul Calibur has a lot of history behind the weapons from what I have seen. Not that I am really all that familiar with Symphony of the Night but I assume it is pretty similar to the weapons in Dawn of Sorrow after you have a soul infused in them. Although it sounds like this is a specific weapon that you pick up instead of create from what you describe. I may have to go back and play that eventually though as I really liked Dawn of Sorrow. Also, something tells me that you probably have some kind of accomplishment worthy of mention that you could post about from this game if nothing else. I mean, given that you got this hidden sword and spent the time to write up this thesis about the weapons and all.