As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Great Achievements in PA Gaming: The Rebirth: Finally Updated!

• KratzaKratza Registered User new member
    edited August 2006
    So...what kind of beer you want?

Judging by the OP of this thread, I should be asking -you- this question.

Also, this (RE4 100% accuracy + no deaths) wasn't too hard to accomplish, since I could always re-load a previous game save until I passed a chapter with the results I was gunning for.

Kratza on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    My own results in Re4 are nowhere near as good as anyone elses, but I did unlock all the GC unlockables.

And on a new Normal playthrough I finished with

4 x (GGG Herbs)
    2 x (GR Herbs)
    1 x (GRY Herbs)
    4 x First Aid Spray
    4 x Incendiary grenades
    5 x Hand grenades
    80+ x Shotgun rounds (striker exclusive not included)
    100+ x Handgun rounds
    30+ x Rifle rounds
    10+ x Magnum rounds

Edit: I effectively had 12 full health bars, and the ability to do 5810 damage in total.

Fully upgraded Red9 with scope, fully upgraded Striker, fully upgraded Bolt Action Rifle with Infrared scope, fully upgraded Broken Butterfly.

By the late 3rd, early 4th chapter onwards I was just chock full of items. I was literally forcing myself to use grenades because I knew if I didn't I'd have no room for more healing items, and in some cases I actually let myself get hurt so I could pick up more items.

By the end of it I wondered how the hell I was ever low on ammo on the first playthrough.

So... are these stats any good? Or should I just do professional now? :(

Iriah on
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited August 2006
    Star Wars Arcade on 1 credit
    Time Crisis II on 1 credit
    Super Metroid speedrun in .. 43 minutes, I think.

:? I can't remember most of the stuff I've done.. If I play a game for a long time (see above) the achievements don't really feel remarkable, just feel like I've played the game for a long time.

Kevar on
  • syrionsyrion Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I know the precise locations to emp a sentry-gun in most common SG placements, through walls and floors, if the thickness of the obstacle allows it.

I got nothing.

syrion on
  • SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I said this in the last thread, beating Ocarina of Time twice in one day then getting up to the Fire Temple on my third run is all the achievment I'll ever need.

Superunknown on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I need some verdict on my achievement - does having a metric shitton of items in RE4 count, or not?

I mean. Ammo conservation and all.

Iriah on
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I ascended in Nethack. Does that count? I think it should.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Let see.... I don't have that many achievements:

- I have played through Mega Man 2 without dying and without using any passwords.
    - Played through NES Trojan without dying under 9:30*.

* By my knowledge, this is fastest run that anyone has done on this game without cheating.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Lork wrote:
    I ascended in Nethack. Does that count? I think it should.

Yes it does. That's fucking difficult to do without taking any backups of your saves. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I managed to lose in X-COM: UFO Defense on the second day. On beginner difficulty.

That must be an achievement.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I hold the high score, so far, on the wack-a-mole game in NSMB at 88.

Oden on
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I was wondering when Kratza would pull out the RE4 screenshot. I was there to witness his quest - good times.

I finished Ouendan on the female cheerleaders mode and got enough points overall to get the highest rank for the game. Admittedly, I didn't get S ranks on every song so I'm sure there are plenty of people on PA that could boast better, but still...Ready, Steady, Go. Need I say more?

Oh and I beat Battletoads. With using Save States. I figure even beating that game with cheating ought to count for something.

RainbowDespair on
  • Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kratza wrote:
    So...what kind of beer you want?

Judging by the OP of this thread, I should be asking -you- this question.

Also, this (RE4 100% accuracy + no deaths) wasn't too hard to accomplish, since I could always re-load a previous game save until I passed a chapter with the results I was gunning for.

Still, that gets a salute from me. The only thing I haven't unlocked on RE4 is the Handcannon. Then again, I am usually too engrossed in the main game. My best accuracy rating on a straight playthrough with no saves was 94%, I have the PS2 version, and ammo is more scarce.

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kevar wrote:

:? I can't remember most of the stuff I've done.. If I play a game for a long time (see above) the achievements don't really feel remarkable, just feel like I've played the game for a long time.
    *headasplode.gif*

YardGnome on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Taramoor wrote:
    My gaming achievements:

-Beat Ikaruga on Hard without dying.
    -Unlocked everything in F-Zero GX within two weeks of the game's release
    -Beat all of Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent
    -Got a Professional ranking in P.N.03 on Hard Mode in the Papillon suit
    -Beat FFX without accessing the sphere grid once
    -Beat FFVI with no character above level 11
    -Beat Baten Kaitos without leveling up. At all.
    -Beat Battletoads for the NES
    -Beat Kid Icarus for the NES
    -Cleared Metroid Prime with 100% in 1:57
    -Brain Age of 20
    -Got the Threesome ending with Silk Fox and Dawn Star in Jade Empire

I would like to add the following accomplishments I have recently obtained:

-Beat Shadow of the Colossus on Hard Mode
    -Ran straight to the Final Colossus without entering the underground
    -Super Smash Brothers - Cleared Event match 51 with every character without dying.
    -After clearing the free downloads of Zork II & III, I have officially beaten every Infocom text adventure.
    -I have ascended in Nethack using a Monk (not the hardest, I know, but still)

Taramoor on
  • scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I beat TMNT (NES) without losing any of the turtles.

arcade:
    1 coin'd Altered beast in arcade.
    1 coin'd Bubble bobble without using umbrella.
    1 coin'd Final Fight using guy or cody.
    1 coin'd Art of Fighting on hardest difficulty and defeat Geese Howard (hidden boss) I can do this with all the characters.
    1 coin'd Fatal Fury with andy and terry on hardest difficulty. I can't do this with the other characters. :(

I got physically beat up by winning a fight in Street Fighter 2dash repeated against some grown up. it hurt :(

too much time and no skill involved:
    I got every character to level 99 in FF6 and 7.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    As of today, TBK (the PA halo 2 clan) has amassed 2,133,573 kills.

And 1,868,568 deaths

FyreWulff on
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    scootch wrote:
    1 coin'd Fatal Fury with andy and terry on hardest difficulty. I can't do this with the other characters. :(
    Characters? Are you sure this is the first Fatal Fury--because the only other playable character in that one is Joe Higashi.

Blitz Rawket on
    edited August 2006
    scootch wrote:
    Characters? Are you sure this is the first Fatal Fury--because the only other playable character in that one is Joe Higashi.

I meant fatal fury 2 :oops:

would be quite an achievement to one coin fatal fury 1 in hardest difficulty. the controls in that game was awful!

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Awesome posts starting off this page here. :o

Taramoor is now quickly in the running against Ownage for the really long list of holy fucking shit game accomplishments and there are now a lot of good one credited arcade thrashings thanks to Scootch and Kevar as well. A lot of this is reminding me of some stuff that I need to add myself and that last page of Resident Evil posts really makes me want to go play Professional some more. I liked the screenshot on the last page and yes Iriah, that is a pretty good list of excess stuff left over from after completing the game. I have not added any of this recent stuff yet but I did just update the thread all the way to page 6.

As far as something that I am going to add myself that I just recalled, in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance I have all of the characters, costumes, stages, and everything else from the Krypt unlocked. I have also completed the Konquest mode with each character and I'll have to check on the game endings but I'm pretty sure I have all of them. Suffice to say, I am looking forward to Armageddon when that comes out. I'm sure there is probably some other stuff that I could add but nothing else is coming to me so I'll just continue to see what you guys have to post in the meantime.

Edit: I was also unaware that you could actually beat Bop It, I thought that was interesting.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bleach DS has been pretty much the only game I've really poured a lot of time into this year. I've racked up a pretty good online record with Yoruichi (total, win, loss, draw) and a respectable one with Tatsuki (joke character, has a 50% life bar and lacks shunpo).

I used to have a lot more matches under my belt, but I erased all my data a couple months ago.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll post the Bloody Palace pics for DMC3 later. Also, Beat all Challenges of the Gods for God of War (unlocked the weird/cool costumes), cleared all Dark Realms for Onimusha 3/4 (Bishamon Sword/Ultimate Whip ftw); side note, that's also how I got the characters to 99 in DOD and their crazy powerful weapons. Something about Capcom games, I love em.

(Currently working through GTA:LCS, but it's sort of a let down compared to SA).

...I'm actually remembering the older stuff now. 101% on DKC (Orangutan Gang ftw), 102% DKC2, beating Battletoads in BattleManiacs, 3 life Contra (once).

I once again vote this just be stickied. Too much goodness in here.

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited August 2006
    YardGnome wrote:
    Kevar wrote:

*headasplode.gif*
    Is this a big deal? It was kind of easy and I saw people who worked there do it all the time, too.. Although I shudder to think how much cash I spent on that game. Fucking $1 to play.

Edit: Oh shit, apparently there were other Star Wars arcade games. I mean "Star Wars Trilogy Arcade" .. the rail shooter.

Kevar on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I can beat the dam in TMNT without taking damage.

Or at least, I used to be able to. Dunno if I can still do it, what with my reflexes being slowed by years of turn based RPGs.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I can add that on Star Wars Trillogy Arcade, I got to the second saber duel before I just walked away on one credit.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • BushmaoriBushmaori Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Well I guess this would count, on the map mp_beach in Return to Castle Wolfenstien I won for the allies in about 40 seconds, more of a fluke on a weird server than anything though, Got blasted by a Panzerfaust flew right over the wall and landed on that kind of covering thing between the two sides of the bunker then sprinted the rest of the way without even seeing anybody else.

They were all like 'WTF' and I was like 'owned'

Bushmaori on
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Was always proud of this...

One arcade I went to recently had Time Crisis 1-4. In a row. I fucking love Time Crisis.

I beat each and every one in one visit, one after the other, with only one credit in 1-3 and 2 credits in 4. Man, the kids watching thought I was a damn god.

I know 1-3 fairly well, but this was only my second time playing 4. Loved it, though.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Lemme add getting all 50 achievements in Dead Rising to my list. Not straightforward at all :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I got enough money to buy a Duplicator in SotN without cheating.

None of that Sword-Familiar glitch, either.

I now run around throwing bowling balls at enemies. They die in one hit. If they don't, I finish em off with dual-wielded Crissaegrims.

Took me about 3 years on one save to pull that off, though.

MechMantis on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Oh oh oh oh, just remembered outside of the PC realm... Metal Slug. Namely, Metal Slug 3. Completed on 2 continues, if I remember correctly. Didn't use cheap tactics much, either. My main losses occurred on the flying aircraft boss, and the last boss. I actually defeated the third boss with no deaths! :D

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kevar wrote:
    This couldn't have been a 100% run.

Henroid on
  • JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I beat The Curse of Monkey Island on Mega-Monkey in one sitting. Took a good proportion of the day though.

I also played all the way through 50 Cent: Bulletproof which I think is an accomplishment in its self because that game was just bad.

Jawa on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So, I saw that Utada Hikaru maxed out her endless Tetris DS score.

I am trying to do it myself, and it's easy because once the lines hit 999, the game doesnt get any harder. It's simple, but it is taking so fucking long. How does a famous pop singer have the time to grind out so much Tetris to max out? I thought I had it done at 999,999. Then came a 7th digit. I thought I beat it with that. 8th digit. It would take someone at least a couple of days. Someone who is not me.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited August 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Kevar wrote:
    which is why I didn't say it was a 100% run. :-P

Kevar on
    edited August 2006

One arcade I went to recently had Time Crisis 1-4. In a row. I fucking love Time Crisis.

I beat each and every one in one visit, one after the other, with only one credit in 1-3 and 2 credits in 4. Man, the kids watching thought I was a damn god.

I know 1-3 fairly well, but this was only my second time playing 4. Loved it, though.

god damn. I was happy to 1 coin Virtua cop 1 and 2, but virtuacop is easy.

I don't think I can do any of the time crisis ones.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kevar wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Kevar wrote:
    which is why I didn't say it was a 100% run. :-P
    Sorry, I keep associating "speed run" with "100%." Which I tried doing again (non 100%) and can't get a hold of it. :|

Henroid on
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    scootch wrote:

god damn. I was happy to 1 coin Virtua cop 1 and 2, but virtuacop is easy.

I don't think I can do any of the time crisis ones.
    I think I 1cc'ed the second TC once, but that was the only one I played fairly often at all.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I've never beat an arcade game before with just one credit myself. Then again I usually don't play arcade games too often. However, playing The Simpsons arcade game once I was able to clear the first two stages and bosses by myself to get about halfway through the third stage before having to continue. Not really epic or anything but I thought it was pretty cool. Other than that I just remember another occassion where I was playing Samuri Showdown and some guy who was much older than I was at the time repeatedly attempted to beat me. He finally did but I made him spend a couple of bucks first before getting dethroned.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • W. Tiberius SnacksW. Tiberius Snacks Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The first Charge of the SC Knights in Chromehounds scared away all Human players in the battlefield, leaving us to fight CPU's.

W. Tiberius Snacks on
    zamsigue5.png
    COCKMASTER: THE EPIC LEGACY
  • Captain CharismaCaptain Charisma __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    - finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran
    - finished Guitar Hero on Expert
    - a full season of Master League on ****** in PES5 without a loss
    - 100% on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, and all the secrets
    - Time Crisis 2 Arcade on one credit, in under ten minutes
    - Turtles In Time on one credit

Captain Charisma on