As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner Results!

AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
Firstly, I’d like to thank everybody who voted! It’s from your input that I am better able to put together the Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner. So, here are the results (my apologies if my finance background shines through ^_^… I’m weak! :oops:):

The Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner will be held at Las Margaritas in Bellevue starting at 7:00pm on Thursday, August 24th 2006. No buffet.

42 individuals voted. 74% of you were sure you’d come to the dinner, but only 33% had a preference as to where they wanted to eat. Las Margaritas easily won with a net vote of 4. Sushiya and The Eating Factory tied for last place with respective net votes of -2. Additionally, there was only 1 write-in vote, and it was for PF Chang’s China Bistro in downtown Seattle. As far as timing goes, there was a clear majority for a 6:00pm – 7:00pm time frame. Many comments about timing revolved around the West Coast Super Trip’s arrival, so that’s what I’m going to work around. For the time being, I’m splitting the difference with 6:30pm as a starting time. As far as ordering goes (buffet style vs. individual ordering), those who had a preference were perfectly split down the middle. So, I’m going to make the tie-breaking decision on this one and say that people just individually order whatever they want. It’s less work for me, and people can be happy with whatever they want to eat. This was backed up by many people who commented that they wanted American food. Las Margaritas has an “American” menu with burgers, fries, etc. in addition to their Mexican fare.

I know you can’t please everyone, but I did my best! And now, it’s time for me to get on with the next phase. If you didn’t take the survey, don’t complain if you didn’t get what you wanted. Next time, vote. All submissions were counted and taken into consideration. I contacted the owner and manager of this Las Margaritas and both agreed to give us a 10% discount on appetizers (sorry, no drink specials!). I will continue with the head count in this thread and via email. If you are going to come, and you haven’t taken the survey, please make a note in this thread. See you guys in approx. 1 month! :D.

EDIT: I changed the time of the event to 7:00pm instead of 6:30pm. From the feedback I've gotten, this change would make it a bit easier on the people who are riding with the Super Trips. :)

EDIT: Secured a 10% discount on all appetizers at the restaurant. I'm trying to get that discount applied to all food and drinks. Stay tuned...

EDIT: Secured a 10% discount on all food and beverages (including alcohol)! Yay! Be sure to BRING CASH with you! We have over 100 people confirmed for this event! Yes! :wink:

-=Astayonix=-
http://www.n37radio.com
Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
Astayonix on

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll totally be there. Whoot!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'm in. Sounds like a good time.

Viscountalpha on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    I'm still in, and due to the close time proximity to the arrival of the CCST (we'll be coming in between 5:30 and 6) we're probably going to do our lap around the meydenbauer and then whoever is going to eat is going to hit the restaurant. Checking into the hotel is going to be madness so is probably best left until after we eat. Besides, I'm sure everybody will be looking forward to a real meal after all that driving and junk food eating.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    since there wont be a canadian dinner I wanna join this one :D

degreesplatinum on
    edited July 2006
    You can't. This dinner's for non-Canadians only.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Because my friends were SMART and decided to book their flight to arrive at 6:40 PM, even though I told them EARLY, I shall not be coming.

I'll join you all(over 21's) at the bar later. Or something along those lines.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Because my friends were SMART and decided to book their flight to arrive at 6:40 PM, even though I told them EARLY, I shall not be coming.

The early afterparty? :D

Polago on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    PolaGo wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

If you even make it. :(

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    well i don't remember if i voted or not . . but this suits me just fine . . i love mexican food . . . i will definatly be there

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:

YEah, I'll be at the bars once my flight gets in.....have to arrive LATE Thursday night due to classes I can't miss....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll be there.

Doc on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    I'm still in, and due to the close time proximity to the arrival of the CCST (we'll be coming in between 5:30 and 6) we're probably going to do our lap around the meydenbauer and then whoever is going to eat is going to hit the restaurant. Checking into the hotel is going to be madness so is probably best left until after we eat. Besides, I'm sure everybody will be looking forward to a real meal after all that driving and junk food eating.

I'm trying to work with the timing of the Super Trip, so if it would be better for us to start the dinner at or after 7pm, please let me know. E-mail me (astayonix at juno dot com) or IM me on here, Moe. Thanks!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    PolaGo wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

If you even make it. :(

:( *hopes*

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    If the WCST caravan arrives as expected, expect to see me there drowning my 12-hour drive time sorrows in strawberry margaritas.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
    edited July 2006
    Oh, we'll be there all right. If I'm going into a crowded theatre, then sharing a room with three other people, I wanna be good and burrito'd up before I start.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Aw man

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    Oh, we'll be there all right. If I'm going into a crowded theatre, then sharing a room with three other people, I wanna be good and burrito'd up before I start.

Protip: Bring matches.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    ctishman wrote:

Protip: Bring Torches.

Polago on
    edited July 2006
    But seriously, people. think of your roommates when ordering.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I will definately be there, as will my two friends who I'm draging along.

EmperorMing on
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Im totally in.

Nephirij on
  • eclypsedeclypsed Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Dudes, I want in!

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
    edited July 2006
    So show up with your crew! That's really all it takes!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'm definitely gonna be there. About how many people will probably wind up coming?

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll be there and will be bringing along 5 others.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i was just there tonight, and i don't think they'll hold more than 20 within one general area. the place was much smaller than i expected, and the bar was even smaller.

speaking of which, how many youngin's will there be at pax? duo xx is ok WITH LIME NOT LEMON. aight? most beer taste better with lime, not lemon. just sayin'.

yes, i'm drunk. cheers.

i can check out any other places for outta town peeps, just lemme know. just moved to bellevue, so you can imagine how stoked i am bout this. fuckin' pax in my backyard. pwn3d.

cold wolf on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i have yet to eat at a mexican style restaurant that does not sell margaritas

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    I will be unable to attend.

I didn't realize it was scheduled for Thursday, and my hotel reservations are only for Friday and saturday nights.

Oh well. See you fuckers at PAX.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited July 2006
    Crash in someone's room, or in your car.

Or call the Hilton and see if they'll fix your reservation. Something.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006

I didn't realize it was scheduled for Thursday, and my hotel reservations are only for Friday and saturday nights.

It's a good thing I saw this post.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    The Geek wrote:

Do you need a room for earlier in the weekend? Say, Thursday night?

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

Do you need a room for earlier in the weekend? Say, Thursday night?

Shit, sorry about that, Geek. I thought you knew that already.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I should be there.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    I should mention, since I forgot, I'm going to be with 4 other people who I am certain did not take the survey, nor are they forumers so they only know about it through me.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• CondorCondor Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll be absent from the dinner. just got my airplane tickets, and I'll be arriving at the SEA airport at around 11:30pm thursday night.

Condor on
    "Don't make me come down there!" ~ God
  • superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Condor wrote:
    I'll be absent from the dinner. just got my airplane tickets, and I'll be arriving at the SEA airport at around 11:30pm thursday night.

You just now got your plane tickets?

How badly did they price-rape you on it?

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hello, everyone! I have an update regarding the Pre-PAX 2006 dinner at Las Margaritas in Downtown Bellevue on Thursday August 24th 2006!

1) I updated the start time of the Pre-PAX 2006 dinner to 7:00pm. It was originally 6:30pm, but people with the Super Trips said 7pm would be a better time.

2) As far as the number of people coming, I've got 64 confirmations thus far with my running total. This includes feedback from this board and private messages and e-mails from Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner goers.

3) There was a bit of chatter about the capacity of Las Margaritas in Downtown Bellevue in the forums. I re-visited the facility yesterday to make sure that the capacity of the establishment would be adequate for a group our size. There is nothing to worry about there. The party room holds up to 50 people, and we can even spill out into the rest of the bottom floor of the restaurant if we need to (which we probably will). The manager said he would make our group his priority. And it does help to know the owner of the chain personally, so I can make sure the manager keeps his word. :wink:

4) Someone asked if Las Margaritas serves margaritas. Um, yup. I assure you they do :P

5) I talked to the manager about extending happy hour for our group, but he couldn't do it. I talked with the owner of the chain and he reiterated that it can't be done due to the acquisition of labor specifically for the event and such. Okay, fine. So I asked that our group get 10% off of all appetizers all night long. They said that wouldn't be a problem at all, so there is some discount. I know it's not big, but at least it's something.

If there are any more updates, I'll be sure to let you all know!

Oh, and thanks for keeping me aprised of the ever-changing headcount! Keep it coming... :twisted:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I haven't posted here in yet, but I am planning on coming and bringing... myself. If there's room, that is.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
    edited August 2006
    It turns out I will be attending, as well as (most likely) The Geek. I'll fucking drag him along if he likes it or not.

Also, what are the chances of getting this unruly mob to go see Snakes on a Plane right after the dinner?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Also, what are the chances of getting this unruly mob to go see Snakes on a Plane right after the dinner?

I would go (as a margarita-driven heckler) but my companions would attend only by threats of beatings.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png