As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Super Robot Mini, Game Over, Minor Good victory

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    By the way, Gumpy, I really liked what you did with my role.

I had a 20hp ranged attack and a 30 hp melee attack, and a split personality.

At first, i alternated between having 20% dodge on the first night and 10extra hp damage on the next (cautious pilot vs aggressive pilot). Then about halfway thru the game my personalities got together and melded so I got both bonuses.

Very cool.

JPants on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Your character is my favourite Gundam pilot from the entire series <3

Gumpy on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Why you gotta punch me, TheLawinator? That's not very nice at all!

I had an AT field, but I lost it when the first Evangelion died...because I was depressed.

Seriously, what? Tip for giant robot designers: a defensive field is better if it works even when the pilot isn't depressed. I expect royalties.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lignisse was Shinji?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lignisse wrote: »
    Why you gotta punch me, TheLawinator? That's not very nice at all!

I had an AT field, but I lost it when the first Evangelion died...because I was depressed.

Seriously, what? Tip for giant robot designers: a defensive field is better if it works even when the pilot isn't depressed. I expect royalties.

When it was up you guys wouldn't die

See Obbi

The bad guys threw everything they had at him and he just kept on rolling

Gumpy on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Apologies for blipping in and out of activity. I'd personally call Greeper the pilot of the tourney.
    *krrick*

Wildcat on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    By the way, who hit me near the game's outset? It did so little damage I half wondered if it was just collateral from someone's special ability.

*krrick*

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am sad that I died so early. AWESOME phalla, Gumpy.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This game looks to have been a lot of fun. Major props to MrBlarney for those awesome maps.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, Blarney's animated maps totally put me in mind of one of those brilliant old-school tactical games that mostly consisted of texts and icons but we're unbelievably fun and ambient.

And, of course, props to Gumpy for an awesome Phalla, and not just because I'm a robot fanboy.

*krrick*

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mr Blarneys maps really made the game what it was. He is a wonder man and everyone should love him for it.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hahaha, goddamn it. Three guys took me down on day 2 - curse you spectrum five! But yeah, I had 120 hp after your assault on the first day so two of you would have been able to do me in.

I guess I shouldn't have been openly suspicious of you guys, and just aimed at you instead. Oh well.

Also, kudos to Mr Blarney for his maps. They were much awesome.

I vote B:L for crazy antics, and Egos for last stand heroics (help will come!)

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    For some reason the Maps put me in the mind of Ender's Game. It was awesome.

JPants on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Who killed me, by the way?

I am angry that you killed me, whoever you were.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Blame team evil

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I was a bit inactive here

apologies, it's the last week of school

good game gump

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yes Good Game Gumps, I have to say we killed a ton of people for being "neutral".

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed my maps so much... it was fun to make them. I think I'm gonna do something like that for Phalla Royale 3, whenever it's ready to run.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It figures that the week I spent moving was the week that had the signups for the ONE PHALLA I WOULD EVER PLAY IF I COULD ONLY PLAY ONE PHALLA EVER.

I hope you guys are doing this again!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for running the game Gumpy, and thanks for the kick ass maps MrB.

I suppose I was good, but I don't win because I had to kill all the gundams. I think I should have just gone ballistic and attempt to kill every player, but I'm normally more cautious than that :(

Boo to my once per game challenge doing nothing.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kick ass job with the maps Mr Blarney and awesome game Gumpy. I had a lot of fun playing.

The inactives kinda screw team evil. 1st John Ham goes and we are down 1 person. Then MinamiHideo is taken out and triggers my win 1 day sooner then I wanted, taking me out of the game.

And you all know Greeper was just bad ass. From when he came out an said he has a sword that could cut anything in half to holding down a zone by himself - he was just kick ass.

And are we posting PMs yet?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Dai-Gurren Brigade's mass Heroic sacrifice was awesome, and I was glad to spearhead it.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Dai-Gurren Brigade's mass Heroic sacrifice was awesome, and I was glad to spearhead it.

Did you actually try to merge with me?

What happened, and why the cut in contact? :|

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    B:L wrote: »

Gumpy made me fuse with the Phalliant instead.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

But I was on the Phalliant. :lol:

That's why I moved along with it every turn. ;-)

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If we had an extra day we would have won. Or maybe an active 4th baddy.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm not sure. The Spectrum's had a pretty decent shot, considering how few people were left.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The Spectrums would've had an easier time trying to get people to consider them heroes

IF THEY DIDN'T SPECTRUM CANNON EVERYONE TO DEATH

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

I'm not sure. The Spectrum's had a pretty decent shot, considering how few people were left.

I'm not even sure if John Ham sent is any actions after the 1st night. We lost 90 points of damage a day.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited June 2008

To tell you the truth? I was fuzing with Random people trying deperately to find who had the Gurren.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

To tell you the truth? I was fuzing with Random people trying deperately to find who had the Gurren.

Which was Stew_Stick. :|

• Options
    edited June 2008

Which was Stew_Stick. :|

Yeah, wasn't he like, really inactive? I didn't see him posting that much. last person I would have guessed.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    B:L, what the heck was up with that PM you sent out? I won't post it unless you want, but it really made me think you were evil.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The Spectrums would've had an easier time trying to get people to consider them heroes

IF THEY DIDN'T SPECTRUM CANNON EVERYONE TO DEATH

Oh yeah, we pretty much decided from the outset to just try and kill everyone. But regardless, the way things turned out was pretty badass.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Some role PM's (will post more when I have time)

The three Eva pilots (Just change 00 for 01/02)
    Gumpy wrote:
    You are piloting Evangelion unit 00!

The Evangelion series is a mix between artificial human and machine. The size of a large towerblock, a single Evangelion unit is almost impossible to take out because of a mix of heavy armour and its "AT Field", a defensive energy field capable of nullifying enemy attacks.

You are equipped with:

Massive strength: Allowing you to make a melee attack of 30 damage every round to a target in your zone. (remember that each night is split into three rounds. You can switch targets between rounds, when you send orders in make sure you specify if your three attacks land on the same or different targets)
    Giant Rifle: A rifle, like a soldier would carry. its just very large. You can make a ranged attack for 20 damage a round instead of a melee attack. Ranged attacks can hit targets in adjacent zones.

You also have:

An AT Field, which will negate a certain amount of damage done to you every time you are attacked.

Your total health is 230

You are feeling OK.

The AT Field would reduce all attacks by 10 (Which turned out to be really powerful) but if one eva died, then the others lost the fields, and if two of them died?

Beserk
    Gumpy wrote:
    You are...

Freeagent as Spectrum Red, Piloting the Spectrum head.
    Durax as Spectrum Blue, Piloting the Spectrum Torso
    Zot as Spectrum Green, Piloting the Spectrum arms
    Iamtheaznman as Spectrum yellow, piloting the Spectrum legs
    Edcrab as Spectrum Violet, piloting the Spectrum backpack

You will be beaten and rejected no longer! Time after time, the Spectrum 5 are ignored in favour of those so called "Main characters." You still only have 5 members, not even enough to complete the rainbow!

This will stand no longer. After some shady deals, you have each acquired a different part of a Transforming Super Robot. You set out to take the title of main characters by force!

To win, the Spectrum 5 must either destroy all current main characters (Good and evil) or be accepted by over 75% of non-Spectrum survivors as true heroes in the thread.

Your weapons are:

Spectrum Blow: Striking the enemy with your machine, you can deal 30 melee damage a round. (Melee)

Spectrum laser: you can fire a beam of your colour as a ranged attack instead of using your melee attacks. This does 20 damage a round (But can hit into adjacent zones)

Each Spectrum Robot as 190 health.

Special ability: Spectrum Fusion

To activate the Spectrum fusion, each member of the spectrum 5 who takes part in the fusing must say something in the thread in their colour, so that the end result is a quote tree containing one quote from each fusing Spectrum member. Those members of the Spectrum 5 will then have their Robots fuse into the Super Spectrum Robot, which has large amounts of health and access to the Spectrum cannon.

You can fire the Spectrum cannon the night you fuse.
    You can fire it once.
    It gets more powerful the more people are fused.
    It can either be fired in large blast mode or in refined mode. Large blast will hit everyone in the target zone. Refined mode will do so much damage to a single target its just silly

I advise you guys get a proboard up so I can talk to you more there and answer any questions.

:3
    Gumpy wrote:
    You are piloting the Kyrios Gundam

You are the third Gundam in a four Gundam unit, designed to be able to transform from robot into a more agile flight form. Perfect for hit and run tactics.

You are equipped with:

A number of guns and missiles: allowing you to make a ranged attack for 20 damage a round.

A heat claw: Allowing you to make a melee attack for 30 damage a round.

You have also have a... Special personality.

Because of your abilities as a pilot combined with the agility of your machine, you have a 20% chance to dodge any attack made against you. But, that's only when the calm, collected Jpants is piloting the machine.

Every even night, a far more aggressive personality takes over. You lose your dodge bonus, but all your weapons deal 10 more damage a round.

You have 160 HP.

That was Jpants. After the third night, both personalities would activate at once. Watch Gundam 00 if you want to know why.
    Gumpy wrote:
    You are piloting the DaiZengar.

The DaiZengar is like an armoured knight. Standing tool and proud, it doesn't need things like "ranged weaponry."

You are equipped with the Zankanto, allowing you to make a melee attack every round for 40 damage.

You are no ordinary pilot however. There is nothing you cannot cleave.

Nothing at all.

If you inform the thread of this fact (And make it noticeable so I don't miss it) your attacks will bypass any physical defenses the target may have (Shields, armour, small children.) Infact, those defenses will be totally destroyed!

Because there is nothing you cannot cleave.

You have 200 health

The second of two roles with anti field abilities. Unlike exias, Greepers did normal damage, but he had to out himself in the thread to get the bonus.
    Gumpy wrote:
    You pilot the Aussenseiter! Otherwise known as Trombe!

With a name meaning outsider, your machine is one designed for long range bombardment. Fast and mobile, you can appear anywhere at anytime, saving the day when things look bleak.

You are equipped with:

Lanze Kanones: A pair of ranged cannons, which allow you to make a ranged attack for 30 damage a round.

You also have the ability to perform a Trombe Interrupt. If someone uses a power that requires them to say something in the thread, you may quote the thing they are saying and interrupt it. If you do, the ability they were trying to perform will fail. You can only Interrupt one thing a day.

You have 180 HP.

The last role added into the game :3

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    B:L, what the heck was up with that PM you sent out? I won't post it unless you want, but it really made me think you were evil.

Well, you outted robots seemed to be in charge, but when I wanted the vote to go to Terminal, you had everyone congregate at Base Airspace instead.

Leaving Terminal unguarded.

Allowing the Spectrums to open fire on the crowd.

Not a very good strategic maneuver.

Here's my role PM:
    You are Lynn Minmei

Instead of piloting a Super Robot, your role is to suck tremendously. All you can do is sing shitty songs and get slapped around like the damsel in distress you are, you dirty little slut.

Every round, you may choose one target to be slapped by. You take 20 damage per slap. If the person who slaps you happens to be Rick Hunter, you are knocked out of the phalla and will have achieved your special losing condition. Because you're Minmei, you can't fucking win.

Also, all your posts have to be songs or lyrical in a way. This will make you extra annoying and ensure that you'll die an early death.
    Gumpy wrote:
    You are the Songstress

Instead of piloting a Super Robot, you perform the vital function of being a heroic love interest for our heroes. You ride around in the battleship Phalliant (Which moves to the zone that wins the green vote.) and because of this, your green vote counts as double.

Everyday, you can either sing a Song of love in the thread or a Song of war. The Song of love will boost friendly defenses in the zone you are in, and the Song of war will boost friendly damage.

It would probably be wise to actually PM me the choice of song you are singing so I know which bonus to give.

The Battleship has 320 HP. You will be informed of how much damage it suffers.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Some role PM's (will post more when I have time)
    Gumpy wrote:
    You pilot the Aussenseiter! Otherwise known as Trombe!

With a name meaning outsider, your machine is one designed for long range bombardment. Fast and mobile, you can appear anywhere at anytime, saving the day when things look bleak.

You are equipped with:

Lanze Kanones: A pair of ranged cannons, which allow you to make a ranged attack for 30 damage a round.

You also have the ability to perform a Trombe Interrupt. If someone uses a power that requires them to say something in the thread, you may quote the thing they are saying and interrupt it. If you do, the ability they were trying to perform will fail. You can only Interrupt one thing a day.

You have 180 HP.

The last role added into the game :3

That was me. In hindsight, I should've just kept my head down and tried to avoid attention... and then used the interrupt to stop the spectrum five from forming.

Would've been hilarious!

Edit: Thanks for a good game Gumpy, even though I shot myself in the foot. =P

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Here was the Spectrum 5 PM:
    You are...

Freeagent as Spectrum Red, Piloting the Spectrum head.
    Durax as Spectrum Blue, Piloting the Spectrum Torso
    Zot as Spectrum Green, Piloting the Spectrum arms
    Iamtheaznman as Spectrum yellow, piloting the Spectrum legs
    Edcrab as Spectrum Violet, piloting the Spectrum backpack

You will be beaten and rejected no longer! Time after time, the Spectrum 5 are ignored in favour of those so called "Main characters." You still only have 5 members, not even enough to complete the rainbow!

This will stand no longer. After some shady deals, you have each acquired a different part of a Transforming Super Robot. You set out to take the title of main characters by force!

To win, the Spectrum 5 must either destroy all current main characters (Good and evil) or be accepted by over 75% of non-Spectrum survivors as true heroes in the thread.

Your weapons are:

Spectrum Blow: Striking the enemy with your machine, you can deal 30 melee damage a round. (Melee)

Spectrum laser: you can fire a beam of your colour as a ranged attack instead of using your melee attacks. This does 20 damage a round (But can hit into adjacent zones)

Each Spectrum Robot as 190 health.

Special ability: Spectrum Fusion

To activate the Spectrum fusion, each member of the spectrum 5 who takes part in the fusing must say something in the thread in their colour, so that the end result is a quote tree containing one quote from each fusing Spectrum member. Those members of the Spectrum 5 will then have their Robots fuse into the Super Spectrum Robot, which has large amounts of health and access to the Spectrum cannon.

You can fire the Spectrum cannon the night you fuse.
    You can fire it once.
    It gets more powerful the more people are fused.
    It can either be fired in large blast mode or in refined mode. Large blast will hit everyone in the target zone. Refined mode will do so much damage to a single target its just silly

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Virtue:
    You are piloting the Virtue Gundam

The fourth Gundam in a four Gundam unit, you are large. Extremely heavily armoured, you carry a very big gun into combat.

Once per day, you may fire your GN Bazooka at a target for 50 damage. Adjacent targets may also be hit due to the sheer size of the beam you fire. This attack isn't subtle, so expect to get noticed if you use it. You have a pair of smaller cannons on your shoulders to make a normal 20 damage a round ranged attack instead of firing the cannon if you wish (60 in total)

You have 200 HP

I started off using my shoulder cannons exclusively so I could deal more damage and because I thought firing the bazooka might get me mentioned in the narration or something, but these past few nights I'd been firing that exclusively and getting sadder each time nobody noticed.

So sad.

Seriously on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Exia Role PM:
    You are piloting the Exia Gundam

The first of a four Gundam unit, you specialise in close combat. Some people have one sword, some people have two. You have seven.

Because of this, you may make a melee attack on a target for 40 damage a round (120 Damage a day if all on the same target)

The big ass sword you carry isn't just to slice and dice things with however, its specially designed to counter enemy targets that utilize any type of force-fields. Instead of attacking, you may attempt to perform a Field Breaking attack on a target that will deal 60 damage and destroy any active shielding they have in place.

You have 180 HP

Thanks for the great game Gumpy, and MrBlarney for the cool maps, very immersive.

Wildcat on