As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friends, and where they are now

DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Social Entropy++
So, I was just looking through the local news, and I spied the name of a friend of mine from roughly grade 1 to middle school.
[Friend], 19 is charged with theft under $5,000, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace, disguise with intent and possession for the purpose of trafficking.

[Friend] is also being charged with two counts of break, enter and theft for a break, enter and theft at Mr. Sub on May 18, 2008, and a Maple Street South residence on May 23, 2008.

A few minutes later, another friend of mine sends me a video of himself at work during the questioning period in the Canadian House of Parliament.

So, where have you childhood friends ended up? How much are they shaming you by either being associated with them at one time, or by being exponentially more successful than youself?

rqv6.png
Davoid on

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    fat, pregnant, or dead

woooo

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wait

you know calvin too, davoid?

redhead on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    all-my-friends-are-dead-freddie-gage-cover-album.png

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    fat, pregnant, or dead

woooo

Hi5

A person who (apparnetly) knew me in High School sent me a friend request on facebook. Her friend list was made up entirely of people who were in our graduating class. Absolutely not.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    A second or third cousin of mine got sent to jail for raping a 12 year old girl
    Yeah great Harold
    Way to make us proud you sack of shit

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    redhead wrote: »
    wait

you know calvin too, davoid?

Google is a great device

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    alternatively:
    all_my_friends_are_dead.jpg

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    alas

I am unmasked

redhead on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Yeah great Harold

i like how you don't have any friends so you had to resort to family members

also i know a chick who went from uptight christian prude to sucking dick in a trailer park for coke money

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah great Harold

hi5

edit: oh wait, you weren't kidding

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My one friend who was fat, ugly white trash in high school is still fat, ugly white trash who is marrying more fat, ugly white trash.

Sheri on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sheri wrote: »
    My one friend who was fat, ugly white trash in high school is still fat, ugly white trash who is marrying more fat, ugly white trash.

you only have one friend oh ho ho ho ho

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    her wording made me laugh too

language is awesome

redhead on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ugh

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Javen wrote: »

My friend Javen is an unfunny loserface

Sheri on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Met two friends from college I haven't seen in a year the other day. They're still a couple, after like 4 years, which actually makes me feel pretty good. I was sure they'd split up in a month or two after graduation.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just found out that my best bud from California actually goes to college in Orlando.
    He lived in California and only came out to Florida to visit me like 8 years ago.
    I guess he ended up liking it here.

Rinder on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still in high school but I know for a fact most of my classmates are gonna die on the rigs

and all the popular girls will become fat white trash married to those oil rig guys and they'll make more money than I do despite me having 6 years of university

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The few people who i have heard of were the ones who killed themselves. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I graduated from High School I told all my friends at the time that I never wanted to see any of them ever again.

About a year later I ran into one of them when I was at college. He gave me back the copy of Pokemon Silver I had lent him before our trip to Spain months earlier, which makes me wonder if he knew I was going to be there that day or if he just always carried it around.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

My friend Javen is an unfunny loserface

my friend sheri is stupid and gay

Javen on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I am going to really miss my classmates though, despite all the shit they've put me through

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    One of my friends fled to SoCal after getting caught commiting bank fraud (well, he had another friend go in and deposit bad checks, and when he saw the cops come he took off). I think he's a big pothead now, and after he had a bad LSD trip he IMed me and went on about the most inane, stereotypical 'I-have-seen-the-error-of-my-ways' shit.

My other friend (who incidentally was the guy who got caught) started hanging out with lots of douchebags and partied nonstop. Apparently he's toned that down now, though, and is back in school.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My friend from high school posts on these here forums, which is wacky because I didn't join until I was in college and he joined a few years later, unbeknownst to me!

(Also Javen smells)

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    man what the hell fiz

all rich and going to spain

buy me that hulk jacket

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008

javen, you rule

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    (nuh uh)

Javen on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The only friend I kept in touch with after high school I'd known since elementary school. All the other ones said goodbye then faded away. High school wasn't really full of memorable times or people.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bad timing there Javen.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    Bad timing there Javen.

you'd think that, wouldn't you?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Shit I don't even remember the names of the people I hung out with in High School.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    man what the hell fiz

buy me that hulk jacket

I will buy you nothing.

The trip was actually a school trip of sorts. Part of the choir program that actually drew in singers, even when the old director quit and the quality started to fall.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i got a phone call from my parents a couple of weeks ago.

while they were driving home one evening, they got pulled over for "running a red light". my parents drive very much like old people now and obey the law religiously, so i know they couldn't have done that.

my mom said that the cop who pulled them over looked at my dad's license and then asked if they knew who *i* was. apparently the cop was an old grade school classmate who never made it out of town, he just ended up staying and joined the police.

it was really weird to hear that.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Owen left home a seventeen. He was in the paper for a drunk and disorderly a couple years later. He's cut himself off from most of my circle, so I don't really know much else. I just assume he's out mugging old ladies to get high. I'm probably pretty close.

Ken is still writing about how hard it was growing up as a racial minority. He's whiter than I am.

This one kid I hadn't seen since elementary school got a job where I work several months ago. He hasn't changed at all. I don't mean that he is still the same person he was in some vague, spiritual sense. I mean, he acts like a ten year old. He's loud, self-centered, uneducated, prone to tantrums, and smells like a poorly-maintained truckstop portajohn. I've tried on several occasions to come up with something nice to say about him, and failed. Recently, I've been able to say he's "doing better", but he's not really doing much better. I can't stand even being around him.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Fiz wrote: »
    man what the hell fiz

buy me that hulk jacket

I will buy you nothing.

you're mean

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I get together and game with a couple friends from high school every couple months.

Other than that small group I have lost track of everyone.

Really can't be bothered to track them down either

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    devotfeigedevotfeige Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's always been odd for me to imagine actually keeping up with anyone for more than a year or two.

Chalk me up as one of the losers who never made any friends and sits at their computer at 2:40 AM reading forum posts about other people and their lives, attempting to understand what they've missed out on all this time.

I'm sure there's more of my kind here, but they're smarter than me and keep quiet about it.

devotfeige on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Friends having killed themselves or killing others is sort of wierd to hear about.

But honestly, running into one of them whilst they're pushing a pram with a kid in it, walking along with their husband/wife? I find that shit even wierder.

It's like. Woah. You grew up.

Loser.

And then I push them over and run home to play vidjagames.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah great Harold

(15:46:57) Donnywiggin: i trust my friend
    (15:47:02) Donnywiggin: to find me a drunk chick
    (15:47:05) Donnywiggin: who is just smashed
    (15:47:09) flintlockfellow: wow
    (15:47:10) Donnywiggin: enough so that she'll fuck me

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    devotfeige wrote: »
    It's always been odd for me to imagine actually keeping up with anyone for more than a year or two.

I've always wondered about people like you.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Friends having killed themselves or killing others is sort of wierd to hear about.

But honestly, running into one of them whilst they're pushing a pram with a kid in it, walking along with their husband/wife? I find that shit even wierder.

It's like. Woah. You grew up.

Loser.

And then I push them over and run home to play vidjagames.

Hah me too.

I saw one with like 15 million screaming kids crawling all over them and that double-troller thing and thought "Wow, that looks like a lot of fun."

Then I laugh because they are dead to me and I have to hurry home to paint some Orks or maybe casual sex or maybe a movie or maybe call in sick to work to play computer games or HELL lock myself in a room for two days to write a script and only responsibility is to feed my cat...you know, whatever I want.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!