As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guys I am going to become a merman now, okay.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    we had bad storms/tornados for like 4 or 5 days stright here, but with very little damage. I feel bad for your dudes.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    CEDAR RAPIDS - According to the National Weather Service, the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids is at nearly 31 feet as of 2 a.m. Friday.

Observers put the water at 30.75 feet, an increase of nearly a foot over six hours. The crest is still expected to be about 32 feet, and that should hit around 1 p.m.

Just before 3 p.m., water was continuing to creep up Third Avenue SE, and was about two yards away from the intersection of Third Avenue SE and Fifth Street SE.

And now they're saying they are going to have to evacuate Mercy Hospital, which is ten blocks away from the river.

jesus christ. thats insane. How long until it hits your place?

About five miles. :P

If it gets to me then we're going to just have to write off the entire city, basically, because I technically reside in an adjacent city.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what will the rest of America do without Iowa?

Find themselves paying a lot more for food and slightly more for gasoline.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    my god

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    SkylineCollapseSkylineCollapse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    when i got in my car today it the thermometer reading on my dash read "100." i thought that was pretty nasty.

SkylineCollapse on
    princess peach is a cockteasing bitch
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, thank goodness I live in New York.

We never have anything bad happen here.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm going to hang with you guys now because the people in D&D are all being douchebags and falling asleep.

Buncha jerks.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I've been up for 24 hours straight trying to get this program written.

It's not even resembling working.

I am so fucked for this class. whoo.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    when i got in my car today it the thermometer reading on my dash read "100." i thought that was pretty nasty.

It was 88 degrees out the other day while it was pouring rain.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    inconsiderate fiends.

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

it's the humidity, amirite?

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

Welcome to every day of my life during last semester.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

You'd think it wouldn't be humid after all the fucking rain, but before the major flooding started a couple days ago it was above 100 and muggy as fuck.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

The good news is this english class I'm taking over the summer is a guaranteed A.

My professor went to my high school. My high school is one of those small, close knit schools where the alumns go back every year to say "hi" and donate money, and everyone keeps in touch for years after.

He went the year that my high school sophomore english professor went, and apparently they are BFFs and still talk.

I got an A in the other guy's class, and thus far I've had 3 A's in this one.

Hopefully that will balance out the F to a B. that's how grades work, right?

right?

oh god

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

You'd think it wouldn't be humid after all the fucking rain, but before the major flooding started a couple days ago it was above 100 and muggy as fuck.

it's never humid here, though when it does rain everyone freaks out and the city floods because it's ill-equipped for run-off.

speaking of disasters, think those boy scouts will get a tornado badge for surviving that shit?

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

The good news is this english class I'm taking over the summer is a guaranteed A.

My professor went to my high school. My high school is one of those small, close knit schools where the alumns go back every year to say "hi" and donate money, and everyone keeps in touch for years after.

He went the year that my high school sophomore english professor went, and apparently they are BFFs and still talk.

I got an A in the other guy's class, and thus far I've had 3 A's in this one.

Hopefully that will balance out the F to a B. that's how grades work, right?

right?

oh god
    You've got from Fucked to Butt-Fucked. Congratulations!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    speaking of disasters, think those boy scouts will get a tornado badge for surviving that shit?

They get a badge for attending the funerals of the scouts who didn't make it.

(God I am a terrible person.)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    All I can think of now is jacking off and crapping yourself.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nads wrote: »
    All I can think of now is jacking off and crapping yourself.

Hahahahaha.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

They get a badge for attending the funerals of the scouts who didn't make it.

(God I am a terrible person.)

oh that doesn't count. then the scouts that couldn't make it to the camp can get one too. there's no merit in that.

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    All this talk of things going up has made me resolve that, when I come into possession of my car, which is when I get my P's, I will put white-out on the "OverDrive" button (It's an auto) and write "11" on it.

My car will be able to go to 11

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

What language? And what's the program supposed to do?

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, Dark Primus, how close are you to this flood business?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    About five miles. :P

That's going by Google Maps, too, so the actual land area that the flood would have to cover is quite a bit more.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what's it smell like?

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what's it smell like?

I don't know, I'm not dumb enough to drive down there only to get turned away by the police.

I'd assume it smells like any other flood, and having been near flooded areas before, they don't tend to smell very good.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tossrock wrote: »

What language? And what's the program supposed to do?

It's a UNIX shell in C.

I kinda slept through the class, did most of the homework easily enough, and then this final project came out of no where and kicked my ass.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thank goodness the Davenport downtown and waterfront went to shit decades ago.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Thank goodness the Davenport downtown and waterfront went to shit decades ago.

I was just gonna ask how well that was holding up. D:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    And you all laughed when I bought the house boat.

Well, who's the creepy deadbeat now?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Actually I have no clue, but I can only assume it is completely underwater. Moline and Rock Island were smart. They actually built a damn flood wall. BUT NO THAT WOULD RUIN THE PRISTINE VIEWS THAT HAPPEN TO COME UP TO GET YOU EVERY DECADE AND BLOW DOWN YOUR DOOR WITH MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF THE MISSISSIPPI. Good bye East Village. Your soda shop and antique stores were nice while they lasted.

Iowa: First in Education; Last in Flood Prevention

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    DP, drive down as close as you can to the flooding and just as the cops try to stop you, yell, "FUCK Y'ALL, DOLPHINS ARE COOLER ANYWAY!", floor the gas and just head straight into the flood.

Nads on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Actually I have no clue, but I can only assume it is completely underwater. Moline and Rock Island were smart. They actually built a damn flood wall. BUT NO THAT WOULD RUIN THE PRISTINE VIEWS THAT HAPPEN TO COME UP TO GET YOU EVERY DECADE AND BLOW DOWN YOUR DOOR WITH MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF THE MISSISSIPPI. Good bye East Village. Your soda shop and antique stores were nice while they lasted.

Iowa: First in Education; Last in Flood Prevention

Yeah I always thought what was a fucking weak argument, considering the Riverboats are more of an eyesore than building a fucking floodwall. Hell, they sank how much money building a flashy bridge to nowhere?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    DP, drive down as close as you can to the flooding and just as the cops try to stop you, yell, "FUCK Y'ALL, DOLPHINS ARE COOLER ANYWAY!", floor the gas and just head straight into the flood.
    Quick, make a playlist for this.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Quick, make a playlist for this.

Bob Dylan- Down In The Flood
    Pavement- Flood Victim
    Dethklok- Go Into The Water

On repeat.

Nads on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Could you send some rain our way? We kind of don't get water.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nads, you know that Freebird is the national anthem of driving your car off of/into things.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Douchebag culture (and Lynyrd Skynyrd) ruined Freebird for all of us that enjoy driving off of and/or into things.

Nads on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That's true about most rad things. For example, I can't shoot my gun straight into the air when I'm drunk anymore because it voids my renter's insurance. You just know that some jerk who couldn't handle his guns or liquor went crazy one night and now the rest of us folk have to suffer.

Penguin Incarnate on