As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Orgasm

1235»

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man guys what if like time actually moves backwards and like life started with us dying and we really die when we're born oh man.

What if gravity is actually just curvature of the 4th dimension woooooooooooah

L|ama on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be about

the-big-o.jpg

Man, what a great show.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Looking back it kind of wasnt but at the time that I watched it it was fuckawesome.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    You too, immortal?

No. I just don't fear death.

Urian on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    RE: Death

I do not believe I will exist once death comes and that is just fine by me. My mentality is very simply that if I were to somehow "go on" after death, that only reduces the value of the life I live right now. Since there is nothing after death, I am encouraged to live this life to the fullest and to live it for me, not for want of reward (heaven) or fear of punishment (hell) or even to satisfy the universal judgement or demands of some faceless deity (reincarnation).

Therefore, I am a good person simply because I want to be one, not because God or someone tells me so.

Plus I would hate to keep existing after death. Shit gets boring.

My brother told me that if there's nothing at the end, he thinks life would be meaningless. I can't wrap my head around it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    RE: Death

I do not believe I will exist once death comes and that is just fine by me. My mentality is very simply that if I were to somehow "go on" after death, that only reduces the value of the life I live right now. Since there is nothing after death, I am encouraged to live this life to the fullest and to live it for me, not for want of reward (heaven) or fear of punishment (hell) or even to satisfy the universal judgement or demands of some faceless deity (reincarnation).

Therefore, I am a good person simply because I want to be one, not because God or someone tells me so.

Plus I would hate to keep existing after death. Shit gets boring.

My brother told me that if there's nothing at the end, he thinks life would be meaningless. I can't wrap my head around it.

Either he's like 16 or 17 and just going through a really bad existential crisis or he's a textbook nihilist.

Urian on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    the point is to make a beautiful corpse

FAQ on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Shorty wrote: »
    peter hamilton presented an interesting afterlife in the Night's Dawn trilogy

basically there is a soul made of pure energy, anchored to one's body, and it goes to a parallel dimension when you die

unfortunately the dimension is a black void of nothingness

but you can pass through it if you were a mentally balanced person before death

pass through it to where

dunno

the series ended with
    one of the main characters meeting up once again with his true love and passing through the first step of the afterlife.

Shorty on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I believe in the afterlife but i also believe that Jesus or whoever wouldn't want me to dick around my current life worrying about the next one.... beyond not being a dick to other people anyway.

But heaven would sure be lame if it were full of narcissists.

Ideally though it would be so cool if the afterlife was Planescape. This misleading thread title would be appropriate as a religion there.
    IMMORTALITY IS ONLY A WORD. ALL THAT EXISTS CAN DIE. EVERY LIVING THING HAS A WEAPON AGAINST WHICH IT HAS NO DEFENSE. TIME. DISEASE. IRON. GUILT.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    When I close my eyes for the last time the first thing I'll see on the other side is bright, flashing letters that spell GAME OVER.

I will put in my quarters and restart.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't pay for this game

FAQ on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I believe in the afterlife but i also believe that Jesus or whoever wouldn't want me to dick around my current life worrying about the next one.... beyond not being a dick to other people anyway.

But heaven would sure be lame if it were full of narcissists.

Ideally though it would be so cool if the afterlife was Planescape. This misleading thread title would be appropriate as a religion there.
    IMMORTALITY IS ONLY A WORD. ALL THAT EXISTS CAN DIE. EVERY LIVING THING HAS A WEAPON AGAINST WHICH IT HAS NO DEFENSE. TIME. DISEASE. IRON. GUILT.

I CRAFT THE WEAPONS WITH WHICH THE MULTIVERSE WILL BE UNMADE

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    FAQ wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay for this game

It's only like two quarters and that flashing GAME OVER get's irritating after a while.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gandalf: End? The journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one we all must take.

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.

Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?

Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.

Gandalf: No, no it isn't.

This part in the book and in the movie makes me weep EVERY DAMN TIME

It's my favorite description of death.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    peter hamilton presented an interesting afterlife in the Night's Dawn trilogy

basically there is a soul made of pure energy, anchored to one's body, and it goes to a parallel dimension when you die

unfortunately the dimension is a black void of nothingness

but you can pass through it if you were a mentally balanced person before death

pass through it to where

dunno

the series ended with
    one of the main characters meeting up once again with his true love and passing through the first step of the afterlife.

Yeah also
    The horrific void is where you go only if you felt you were a nasty bastard in real life, not everyone went there

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I saw this 30 something, punky girl a while ago with "La Petit Mort" tattooed on the back of her neck in script

I thought damn she must love orgasms

#pipe on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man guys what if like time actually moves backwards and like life started with us dying and we really die when we're born oh man.
    Mork and Mindy

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    I saw this 30 something, punky girl a while ago with "La Petit Mort" tattooed on the back of her neck in script

I thought damn she must love orgasms

who doesn't?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    GAZMS SUCK

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Meissnerd you are sexist

#pipe on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    man orgasms used to be cool before everyone found out about them but they've fucking sold out dude

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    geckonidaegeckonidae Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "man orgasms" or "man, orgasms"? Inquiring minds wish to know.

geckonidae on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Meissnerd you are sexist

just try and stop me

from being sexist

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Huh. Speaking of Planescape, looks like a bunch of guys are doing a pretty ambitious mod trilogy for NWN2. That seems pretty neat.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I beleive there is more once we die, but what happens to you depends on what you beleive in.

You beleive in heaven and hell? There you go.

Reincarnation? Congratulations you are now a born-to-wealth female.

Sleep with the worms? I hope you like worms.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Gandalf: End? The journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one we all must take.

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.

that is an incredible part in the film

one of my favorite descriptions of Heaven in literature

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »

that is an incredible part in the film

one of my favorite descriptions of Heaven in literature

What makes it really awesome is that it's told in the middle of a battle. I think if I heard something like that when I was afraid of losing my life I would suddenly become more courageous.

Which reminds me:
    "IF YOU FIND YOURSELF ALONE, RIDING IN THE GREEN FIELDS WITH THE SUN ON YOUR FACE, do not be troubled. FOR YOU ARE IN ELYSIUM AND YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!" .

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm just so sick of the uncertainty

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had an idea once for a movie about a guy who dies and spends one last day on Earth with Death and they go around drinking and stuff

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wonder if one day I'll really grasp the concept of more than three dimensions
    Not just like "oke there are more and they are whatever", but really get it

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg