As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON] Chromehounds: Guns with Mech Parts

• EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Neural and I are losing so much we might derank the squad.

I'm gonna try an get on again now. Hopefully I won't get splintered yet again.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    1. Place cockpit on legs.
    2. Place generator on cockpit.
    3. Put diagonal spacer on the front of the generator, and rotate it so it's facing down.
    4. Put armor plate on the end of the spacer.
    5. ?
    6. Victory!
    excellent...

shame I have to play more SP missions. Those are boring.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Neural and I are losing so much we might derank the squad.

I'm gonna try an get on again now. Hopefully I won't get splintered yet again.

We are sucking fucking bad.

Two games ago we actually won, but it was for being pussies.

It was the 2 of us versus a heavy gunner. He killed me but I hurt him pretty bad.
    He then blew off all of Chad's guns. Chad ran around and took combas's, and eventually the guy ran out of ammo and just sat there.

We won.

NeuralFizz on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Is anyone left in the Footclan? I came back from Comic-Con and I saw maybe one other person on since then. Is there room in any of the more active squads?

mrflippy on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I actually just listened to that podcast, and holy shit it's in surround sound.

SniperGuy on
    edited July 2006
    So when the power went out, it apparently killed the wireless adapter for the 360. Now I'm using an ethernet cable to a router. It may be a bit slower. :(

edit: I'm in the lobby waiting for you to finish your fight. If I get splintered again, I blame Chad entirely.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    edited July 2006
    So when the power went out, it apparently killed the wireless adapter for the 360. Now I'm using an ethernet cable to a router. It may be a bit slower. :(

edit: I'm in the lobby waiting for you to finish your fight. If I get splintered again, I blame Chad entirely.
    A direct ethernet connection to your router is slower than wireless?

mrflippy on
    edited July 2006
    Make the next game for 3 people.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
  • Chad SexingtonChad Sexington Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2006
    If people are joining my lobby, it's not me splintering, it's you.

YOU SUCK!

Chad Sexington on
    edited July 2006
    mrflippy wrote:

A direct ethernet connection to your router is slower than wireless?

Well, I have a second router in my room that's wirelessly connected to the main router. It takes the connection and splits it between 2 computers and a server. Now, instead of my 360 going directly to the main router, it's going to the secondary router.

edit: When searching for a squad game, it's now taking almost 3 times as long. :(

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006

Same thing happened to me the other day, digital. Just unhook the cables from the 360 and the adaptor and just leave it alone for 30 minutes to an hour. Then plug it all back in and go to town.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    edited July 2006

Same thing happened to me the other day, digital. Just unhook the cables from the 360 and the adaptor and just leave it alone for 30 minutes to an hour. Then plug it all back in and go to town.

Stop.... playing.... 360? That's ridiculous.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    edited July 2006
    I was able to see Neural in the lobby for about 10 seconds, then he left. I've been online for about 2 and a half hours now and haven't seen Chad. This is obviously not working.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
  • regroxregrox Registered User regular
    edited July 2006

Shit! so thats what I've been doing wrong.

I've been using the armor in the front with a rectangular spacer, instead of a generator, on top since I don't like having my rear exposed as much as you fellows.

regrox on
    RegRox.png
    edited July 2006
    regrox wrote:

Shit! so thats what I've been doing wrong.

I've been using the armor in the front with a rectangular spacer, instead of a generator, on top since I don't like having my rear exposed as much as you fellows.
    One of the guys in the Footclan had his entire mech boxed up in armor. It looked pretty cool.

mrflippy on
    edited July 2006
    Just put an armor plate on your back?

Chad Sexington on
    edited July 2006
    That's what I do.

And hell yeah, I used a cheap tactic against a cheap tactic.

Did it work?

NeuralFizz on
    edited July 2006

But then there's no room to put assist parts.

regrox on
    RegRox.png
  • lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    GOD this is one of the games which makes me want a 360, I pray for a port of some kind.

lazerbeard on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I feel like playing some of this tonight.

Ranced on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    regrox wrote:

mount them underneath one of your guns.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited July 2006
    regrox wrote:

mount them underneath one of your guns.

But that doesn't work very well for missile counters. I've found they work best when facing upwards, which often requires it being attached to the back of a vertical generator.

regrox on
    RegRox.png
    edited July 2006
    Since I can't connect to anyone apparently, I guess it's time for some good old fashioned Jet Set Radio DC action for now.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    edited July 2006
    Regrox, you can mount your missile counter on the back of your cockpit, then just put the armor plate on top of it. Works for me.

Chad Sexington on
  • SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I have many parts now thanks to singleplayer, so later before I do a game with Washs I should mess with my HG some more. I really need to work on its defenses.

I remember my first HG I put online. I stuck the cockpit and generator outside, just for kicks.

Sanius on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So, uh.. Arcadians. We still around? Every time I've logged in, not more than one or two people, who half the time don't say a word and then eventually just go offline >_>

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • IonMageIonMage Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    mrflippy wrote:
    Is anyone left in the Footclan? I came back from Comic-Con and I saw maybe one other person on since then. Is there room in any of the more active squads?

Im still around after a short hiatus, but it seems not many are left. I'll be trying again later tonight, though. If nothing goes well, lets start a list of 'dead squad refugees' whom can leave and then form some kind of new clan.

IonMage on
    edited July 2006
    IonMage wrote:
    mrflippy wrote:

Im still around after a short hiatus, but it seems not many are left. I'll be trying again later tonight, though. If nothing goes well, lets start a list of 'dead squad refugees' whom can leave and then form some kind of new clan.
    I was invited to another clan, so I might head over there actually.

mrflippy on
  • IonMageIonMage Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    mrflippy wrote:
    IonMage wrote:
    mrflippy wrote:

I was invited to another clan, so I might head over there actually.

Does it have room open? ;)

IonMage on
    edited July 2006
    Regrox, you can mount your missile counter on the back of your cockpit, then just put the armor plate on top of it. Works for me.

Oh awesome, didn't realize they had two joints.

But I'd still need space for a gas tank, since secondary generator + fuel tank is still about 80 Kg (pounds?) lighter than the lightest primary generator.

Anyone in vindication going to be online tonight? I've got the password but haven't had the chance to join since Frendy and I have been too busy being undefeated in the 2vs2 missions :P

regrox on
    RegRox.png
  • revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    regrox wrote:

Oh awesome, didn't realize they had two joints.

But I'd still need space for a gas tank, since secondary generator + fuel tank is still about 80 Kg (pounds?) lighter than the lightest primary generator.

Anyone in vindication going to be online tonight? I've got the password but haven't had the chance to join since Frendy and I have been too busy being undefeated in the 2vs2 missions :P

I probably will be.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RuisRuis Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll be on for most of the night as well.

Ruis on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I just thought I'd say: my 360 doesn't even have NAT. It has a public IP address, 209.180.104.201. I have a "business class" DSL connection with a /29 network of static IP's. So my connection has addresses between 209.180.104.200 and 209.180.104.207.

I still have problems connecting to people in Chromehounds.

I blame Chromehounds.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    mspencer wrote:
    I just thought I'd say: my 360 doesn't even have NAT. It has a public IP address, 209.180.104.201. I have a "business class" DSL connection with a /29 network of static IP's. So my connection has addresses between 209.180.104.200 and 209.180.104.207.

I blame Chromehounds.

My NAT is open and I still have problems connecting in Chromehounds.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Any squads in Tara nation? Let me know. Add my GT and let me know :)

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
    edited July 2006
    Tarakia sucks.

Chad Sexington on
    edited July 2006
    Yeah but I can't switch for 2 weeks.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • DewarDewar Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    mspencer wrote:

I blame Chromehounds.

Everyone blames Chromehounds, but these dumb issues were showing up in GRAW and BFME2 as well. It comes down to the fact that if ANYONE involved in the match, friend or foe, has a NAT that isn't open, it can cause problems, even if your connection is 100% fine.

It's a basic issue with how live is set up, not a Chromehounds issue. Now, there are quite a bit of dumb things about how they have it setup (like there having to be someone there in the lobby to submit a squad ap,) but it isn't all the game's fault.

Dewar on
    PAsig.jpg
    ^This is like the ball pit at Chuck E Cheese's^
    edited July 2006
    So I joined some random mission, did search for battle, found one.

I'm in the Briefing.. what is this stuff to the left of the map?

The blue bar (has 4429/5000)
    the red bar (markoj I think 571) (green flag 0)

edit: a squadmember joined.. do I see if there are any enemies? because I've been sitting in briefing for about 3 minutes after I hit Ready and nothing happened yet.

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
    edited July 2006
    algorhythm wrote:
    So I joined some random mission, did search for battle, found one.

I'm in the Briefing.. what is this stuff to the left of the map?

The blue bar (has 4429/5000)
    the red bar (markoj I think 571) (green flag 0)

That's how many occupational points each nation has in that particular area.
    If you win against humans, you get roughly 100+ points.

Edit: It will say "Enemy" in the bottom right hand corner if anyone joins.

NeuralFizz on