As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me get cover art on my iPod.

elevatureelevature Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I just bought an iPod classic, and after transferring everything from my old iPod to the new one, I found that very few of my albums have cover art.

I know that in iTunes you can right click and hit get cover art and it will download the art to your library, but is there a way to do this for stuff that is on my iPod but not on my hard drive? I'm on a laptop with a small HD so I delete things after moving them to my iPod.

I had the iPod open in iTunes and saw that you could drag album art in while a song was playing, but it only shows the art for that one song. So if I listen to a 12 song album on my iPod, it will have artwork for one song but not for the rest. I really don't want to drag artwork for thousands of songs. Is there a way to do this other than copying albums back to the HD, getting art from iTunes, and then copying back onto the iPod?

elevature on

• Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well I know that if you want to have the same art for a group of songs (an album, for instance), you just highlight all the songs, right-click, click "get info" and then you're editing information for all the songs you've highlighted rather than just one. Copy art into the art box and it will use that art for all songs you highlighted.

Ohio on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I didn't even think about that. It worked great, thanks!

elevature on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you're using a Mac, there is an awesome widget that will pull the selected songs info from iTunes and do a search on Amazon for the art, and then you can import the art from the widget into the songs. It's amazingly useful!

http://www.widget-foundry.com/widgets/amazonart.htm

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    sadly I'm on a pc, is there anything like that for windows?

elevature on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure, I'm a Mac only kinda guy.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I've got another question.

For about half of the albums I've done this for so far (highlighting all the songs and dragging album art into iTunes), the art shows up fine. But for the other half, it just shows up as a black box. I tried GISing again and copying art from a different site and the same thing happened. Why would this be happening and how do I fix it?

elevature on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Did you try to right click the highlighted files, go to file info and add an illustration from there?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, that's what I did. if I click on the songs in iTunes, it shows the album art. But as soon as I eject and then go to cover flow, the art shows up as a black square. If I plug it into the computer again and go into iTunes, the art is there.

elevature on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So it shows up on the file itself, but not on the iPod? Are you managing the songs from your HD or your iPod? That may have something to do with it. Otherwise, I have no clue.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have the same black box problem. Even when I'm sure I copied the correct album art to the correct file, it shows up as a black box on the iPod. That bothers the OC side of me but I've finally just given up.

Ohio on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I actually just picked up a classic too and am having the exact same black box issue. Very annoying.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    With my third generation nano I was able to remove the black box cover art from my ipod by just deleting the songs on the ipod, and re-uploading them after ejecting and reconnecting the nano.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just tried turning off the "display album art on ipod" option in iTunes, and then turning it back on, and now the art that was showing as black boxes is showing the correct art. So that fixes that issue, at least.

elevature on