Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OOC] - Dark Heresy : Optimus Usurpo

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Critical Failures
I think it’s about time another Dark Heresy game got started, don’t you guys think so?

Right now it’s just planned as a one-shot adventure, as it’s my first time running a game. If everything goes well, maybe it could lead into more adventures.

I’m planning on running the game play-by-post (PbP) but with a fixed meeting time every week, where everyone can post every few minutes for a few hours. This worked quite well with Utsanomiko’s game, which I played in, so I might as well use the same method.

The times I’m looking at for everyone to meet to play would be from around 7 PM to 11 PM Central Time (GMT -6). What days we would play is to be determined, but I’d like to do it at least twice a week.

Speaking of being interested in playing – this is going to be a game for two to four players. The adventure is going to focus more on figuring things out and less on punching them out, so keep that in mind when creating a character to submit to me. Characters should be at Rank 2, using 800 exp and 4 months back wages.
If you’re interested, go ahead and say so in this thread (along with what days you are available to play), and PM me the following:
  • Your character sheet in a word document
  • A short physical description of your character (a few sentences worth)
  • A brief character background (where you’ve been living, what you’ve been doing, etc.)

Updated guidelines:
When transcribing your character sheet to a word document, list everything in order as it appears on the Character Sheet in the back of the Core Rulebook. You can also download a printable PDF of the character sheet here off the Black Industries website. Make sure you include everything and have it clearly labeled.

As far as starting equipment goes, feel free to use your wages to buy some new equipment. You can sell any starting equipment you are replacing at 1/3rd their listed value. As far as item availability goes, you can get access to anything up to Scarce availability.

Your characters have not been knowingly working for the Inquisition as of the start of this campaign.

[/update]

The only things you have to roll for are Stages 2, 4, and Divination. Character classes and origins can be chosen by you, or rolled randomly.

If you do not have access to the core rulebook but want to play, send me a PM and we can talk on AIM and figure something out.

Because of the setting of the game, it would be best if your character hailed from somewhere in Drusus Marshes, but they can hail from anywhere in the Calixis Sector as long as you have the proper back story for them. I reserve the right to tell you if your character is a Mary Sue or Gary Stu.

Current Game Thread:
Optimus Usurpo In-Game thread

Confirmed Players:
  • Utsanomiko - Boaz Mirosal Calvarius-Kornel, Noble Cleric
  • delorand - Viswanat, Forge-born Adept
  • Carnarvon - Parthus, Feral Assassin
  • TheLawinator - Paba Clavu, Feral Pskyer

People Who Maybe Would Play In Another Game If Someone Else Wanted To GM Something:
  • Rainfall
  • laughingfuzzball

People Who Apparently Think Signing up For A Game And Then Ignoring It Is Polite When In Fact It Is Very Rude
  • JonnyCache

DarkPrimus on
optimusighsig.png
Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar