As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Pokedent Evil: Ambrella Chronicles, seeking replacement player

elkataselkatas Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Critical Failures
Ambrella Chronicles: Out of Character Thread

Character sheets
Power summary

Well, let's get this show on the road. I'm little busy today, but I have already posted first post in IC thread. Please remember that I live on the side of the globe, and I mostly post during local daytimes.

Hypnotically inclined.
elkatas on

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright, Ryan and I posted some. I guess we'll wait for Hats and Sonny to be around to continue.

EDIT: An hour and a half later, I get up out of bed because I realized that I posted "me and Ryan" instead of "Ryan and I" on an internet forum.

:rotate:

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Today's pokètip: Some pokèmons supposedly have power to cause chemical reaction that generates both heat and light energy.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    oh snap this information will be quite usefull

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Poke-torch, cools.

Anyway, when we eventually get to combat, how much of the dicerolling are we going to be doing? I'm not as familiar with monsters and masterminds combat, but i think you roll just once to see if it hits, and then how much higher it is than some form of defense determines the damage?

So would we be rolling that attack, and if so does the character sheet have the bonus we'd apply to that?

Sorry for all the questions, just figured I'd ask so there's less confusion when the situation comes up.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Roll D20, and add Pokemon's attack bonus to it (no ability bonuses*). Attack bonus is always** the same, no matter what power you use, and no ability bonus is added to it. DC for attack is (10 + target's defense bonus). If attack lands, target tries to make toughness saving throw against (DC 15 + attack's damage bonus).Difference in failure tells what kind of damage target received, or did he receive damage at all. Here is example:

Rattata has attack bonus of +2, and he tries to bite zombie, who has +2 defense bonus. Rattata's player rolls 11 which is more than zombie's defense bonus (i.e. 11 + 2 = 13 vs. 10 + 2 = 12). Attack hits. Bite's damage bonus is +1, meaning that DC for damage saving throw is DC 16 (15 + 1). Zombie has +2 damage saving throw bonus.

* If throw fails by less than five, target receives damage point. This point is reduced from further damage saving throws.
    * If throw fails by more than five, target receives damage point and is stunned. Character can't act next round, gets -2 penalty to Defense, and is flat-footed.
    * If throw fails by more than ten, target receives damage point and is disabled. Character is still conscious, but if he does anything strenous, his condition will turn to dying next round.
    * If throw fails by more than ten, target receives damage point and is dying. Player needs to immediately do successfull Fortitude saving throw against DC of 10, or character dies. This throw is made each hour with each hour giving +1 to DC. If roll succeeds by more than 10, character stabilizes.

* Reason why you don't get bonus to the attack roll is simple. Mutants & Masterminds tries to simulate superheroes, and not all superstrong superheroes are accurate.
    ** Well, not really, as you can adjust it with few feats

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I must say this is progressing quite slowly. Oh well, speed should ramp up during the weekends.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I am rather curious about something, do zombie pokemon in pokeballs turn into hideous fifty-foot blobs of rolling flesh that can track by smell?

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I am rather curious about something, do zombie pokemon in pokeballs turn into hideous fifty-foot blobs of rolling flesh that can track by smell?

I dunno.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm rather curious because, in a game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten the entire fucking animal shelter, bricks and all chased our jeep into a larger horde.

I take it you aren't going to do something so unfair.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So yeah I contacted Sonny and he says that he's out so you should probably try and find someone that could take his place. Doubt it would be that hard since a lot of people wanted to sign up.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Aw man, that's rough.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yawn, back to business. I forgot that Tuska Open Air was this weekend, and I was away for whole weekend. So... we need a new player? I will contact few persons.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hmh, nobody has responded to my queries. Oh dear.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Really? There was an awful lot of interested folk when the game was getting started. Have they not been online since you sent the PMs or are they ignoring it?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Have they not been online since you sent the PMs or are they ignoring it?

Ignoring, because more than few have been logged after I had sent the message.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just saw this. I'm in if you'll have me.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just saw this. I'm in if you'll have me.

Okey dokey. Check Sonny's sheet.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think we are all heading to the Kitchen (rightmost door on the south wall). I'd say very carefully, not barging in or anything but peeking around the corner to see if the coast is clear first and such.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hmh, somehow this progressing far slower than I originally hoped. Of course, blame is mostly on me, as I have been slow with new posts, but... I dunno... This really doesn't seem to work. I have too many things on my mind currently, and seriously speaking, I'm starting to lose my spark as a GM.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.