Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Metal Gear Raiden? See Page 85 (Previously the MGS4 Thread)

2456761

Posts

  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm angry at Konami. I'm angry at them for being bitchy about videos on Youtube. I want to see the story play out, but I don't have $500 to experience it myself. And I don't want to read it because seeing / hearing is much better. Fucking argh.

    What? You don't want to see the E3 trailer remixed with godsmack in 50 different ways?

    Oops.

    Craaawling in my skiiin! These rations will not heaaal!

    This made me spew beer on my computer. Thanks.

    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think as far as characters go, Otacon is probably my least favorite charater.

    scale3nk0.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm angry at Konami. I'm angry at them for being bitchy about videos on Youtube. I want to see the story play out, but I don't have $500 to experience it myself. And I don't want to read it because seeing / hearing is much better. Fucking argh.

    What? You don't want to see the E3 trailer remixed with godsmack in 50 different ways?

    Oops.

    Craaawling in my skiiin! These rations will not heaaal!

    ... I hate you so much. XD

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
    edited June 2008
    So, today I went out and got the bundle PS3 that came with this.

    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys,

    Well, here it is. After much toil, I finally finished it. My Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary music video tribute. Has MGS4 Spoilers so be warned.

    Contains ZERO:

    Linkin Park
    Missile Surfing
    Pants wetting

  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys,

    Well, here it is. After much toil, I finally finished it. My Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary music video tribute. Has MGS4 Spoilers so be warned.

    Contains ZERO:

    Linkin Park
    Missile Surfing
    Pants wetting

    Very nice. I give it an A. Shame about the quality, but that's YouTube's fault, not yours.

    EDIT: The music cuts are a bit jarring as well. But it's refreshing to hear music that fits and not generic "Metal"

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Igort, please add this to the OP:

    "The disk change joke was a nod to a similar event in MGS1, as well as pointing out Snake's age and inferiority to the advancing technology. It is not an insult aimed at 360 owners."

    Should I spoiler tag it?

    Also, would you like me to add your mini Big Boss run guide you posted in the last thread to the OP?

    If people think it would be useful I don't mind. I could put quite a bit more work into that though if people wanted, that was just me mentioning the parts I struggled on.

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Igort, please add this to the OP:

    "The disk change joke was a nod to a similar event in MGS1, as well as pointing out Snake's age and inferiority to the advancing technology. It is not an insult aimed at 360 owners."

    Should I spoiler tag it?

    Also, would you like me to add your mini Big Boss run guide you posted in the last thread to the OP?

    If people think it would be useful I don't mind. I could put quite a bit more work into that though if people wanted, that was just me mentioning the parts I struggled on.

    I certainly think it would be useful. I don't have the guts to even attempt a Big Boss run, but your guide certainly made it seem do-able.

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I freely admit to its flaws, visually and with the audio. :P Thanks for your comments though!
    I'm stuck with Windows Movie Maker, so my ability to transition sound is limited.

    Just wanted to do my part to send the series off with a bang. :whistle:

  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    Haha, Italax you show off.

    And yeah, they recently attached a writer and possible director for the project. I don't recall his name, but it was the guy who made Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

    So it could be good or bad.

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    Haha, Italax you show off.

    And yeah, they recently attached a writer and possible director for the project. I don't recall his name, but it was the guy who made Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

    So it could be good or bad.

    Ahahaha I wondered if anyone would call me on it. It is a cool picture of Big Boss when you get it though!

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    Haha, Italax you show off.

    And yeah, they recently attached a writer and possible director for the project. I don't recall his name, but it was the guy who made Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

    So it could be good or bad.

    Hmm.. I wonder if they went with David Hayter...

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    Haha, Italax you show off.

    And yeah, they recently attached a writer and possible director for the project. I don't recall his name, but it was the guy who made Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

    So it could be good or bad.

    Hmm.. I wonder if they went with David Hayter...

    I hope they did. Hell, I hope they dub his voice over whoever they get to play Snake. It is not Snake if it is not David Hayter's voice. I think it's amazing how much his voice actually plays into my impression of the character.

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumors going around a while ago about the Metal Gear movie actually going somewhere? Whatever happened to that..

    I think it's still being worked on. There were rumours that Kojima was spending a lot of time in Hollywood, even after MGS4's music had been completed.

    Haha, Italax you show off.

    And yeah, they recently attached a writer and possible director for the project. I don't recall his name, but it was the guy who made Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

    So it could be good or bad.

    Hmm.. I wonder if they went with David Hayter...

    Naa, they rejected his script. Even though Kojima said it was pretty good.

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How do you use the MK. II during briefings? I know you get some masks and iPod songs by tooling around with it but I don't know how.

    During mission briefings there's a prompt to hit the select button, which brings up a few onscreen prompts for different buttons you can press. One (L2 I think) will take what's going on in the larger of the two viewers and make it fullscreen. The same button will return it to the multi-view angle, and I believe (could be wrong) square allows you to set the MK II's view as the larger of the two screens. Then hit L2 again and you have MK II's view fullscreen. Toot around the Nomad and you'll be able to pick up a few batteries (over the course of a few briefings, leaving you with 3 total - very handy). You can also get masks by bumping into/shocking characters. It's important to note that the briefing with Campbell doesn't actually appear in the game - you have to access it from the main menu, without going into the actual game.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    How do you use the MK. II during briefings? I know you get some masks and iPod songs by tooling around with it but I don't know how.

    During mission briefings there's a prompt to hit the select button, which brings up a few onscreen prompts for different buttons you can press. One (L2 I think) will take what's going on in the larger of the two viewers and make it fullscreen. The same button will return it to the multi-view angle, and I believe (could be wrong) square allows you to set the MK II's view as the larger of the two screens. Then hit L2 again and you have MK II's view fullscreen. Toot around the Nomad and you'll be able to pick up a few batteries (over the course of a few briefings, leaving you with 3 total - very handy). You can also get masks by bumping into/shocking characters. It's important to note that the briefing with Campbell doesn't actually appear in the game - you have to access it from the main menu, without going into the actual game.

    I think that's actually Triangle. But now I think I might be wrong.

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    How do you use the MK. II during briefings? I know you get some masks and iPod songs by tooling around with it but I don't know how.

    During mission briefings there's a prompt to hit the select button, which brings up a few onscreen prompts for different buttons you can press. One (L2 I think) will take what's going on in the larger of the two viewers and make it fullscreen. The same button will return it to the multi-view angle, and I believe (could be wrong) square allows you to set the MK II's view as the larger of the two screens. Then hit L2 again and you have MK II's view fullscreen. Toot around the Nomad and you'll be able to pick up a few batteries (over the course of a few briefings, leaving you with 3 total - very handy). You can also get masks by bumping into/shocking characters. It's important to note that the briefing with Campbell doesn't actually appear in the game - you have to access it from the main menu, without going into the actual game.

    I think that's actually Triangle. But now I think I might be wrong.

    Ah. It was square. Thanks guys. Shocking doesn't work but I rammed everyone I could and I have everyone's but campbells. Are you referring to the mission 1 briefing? I think that is the only one you have to access yourself.

    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:

    theincidentsig.jpg
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:

    reply to act 3...
    Spoiler:

    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Woodroez wrote: »
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:

    reply to act 3...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    theincidentsig.jpg
  • UberEvUberEv Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Woodroez wrote: »
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:

    reply to act 3...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can you blow up tanks without getting any kills added to your count?

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User
    edited June 2008
    UberEv wrote: »
    Woodroez wrote: »
    Man....

    (act 3)
    Spoiler:

    reply to act 3...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    theincidentsig.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No you cannot kill people piloting a tank with out it counting as a kill.

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No you cannot kill people piloting a tank with out it counting as a kill.

    I assumed as much, but I figured it was worth confirming.

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Klonoa of the Wind WAHOO!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The bullshit thing about this game is plenty of times you'll go into Alert, get into an area where there's no one around, and your Alert counter won't move at all.

    That's some bullshit right there.

    BwQ9Ecd.jpg?1
    Magya! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    any minor hints/tips on fighting
    Spoiler:

    am i on the right track?

    434354-1.png
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    xta wrote: »
    any minor hints/tips on fighting
    Spoiler:

    am i on the right track?

    Only one thing to do..
    Old Snake wrote:
    SUNLIGHT!!

    Oh yeah you know what I'm talking about.

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The bullshit thing about this game is plenty of times you'll go into Alert, get into an area where there's no one around, and your Alert counter won't move at all.

    That's some bullshit right there.

    It means that someone knew where you went. Your enemy has to lose track of you, not just break eye contact, for the counter to start. That's why you can't just jump inside a cardbaord box after being seen.

    You know what was really bullshit, was in my Extrem Game Over if Detected run of MGS2, I'd empty a room down to only one guard, shoot him in the head, and he'd catch me before the bullet got to him. I mean come on.

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    xta wrote: »
    any minor hints/tips on fighting
    Spoiler:

    am i on the right track?
    Spoiler:

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    thanks, it works

    i was misusing CQC (by tapping R1 instead of holding it down)

    434354-1.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    On the subject of that bossfight,
    Spoiler:

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    On the subject of that bossfight,
    Spoiler:

    Nope.

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait so is it even possible to get any kills in Act 4?

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Wait so is it even possible to get any kills in Act 4?
    Spoiler:

    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • NiqleNiqle Registered User
    edited June 2008
    He's adorable though.
    Spoiler:

    I'm just saying,
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    KalTorak wrote: »
    The Blood God is unamused by your puny antics of food preservation. If you're not scarfing down arugula and cucumber slices in midair while attempting that cordless bungee jump, you're on your own.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Old Snake wrote:
    SUNLIGHT!!

    Oh yeah you know what I'm talking about.

    I love it. And the Tanegashima (sp?).

    XBL : lJesse Custerl | PSN : lJesseCusterl | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
Sign In or Register to comment.