Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Metal Gear Raiden? See Page 85 (Previously the MGS4 Thread)

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There are still questions but they're mostly about relatively insignificant plot holes that were basically a product of the fact that the overall story basically was written as the games were developed and that took 21 years.

You have two games from the late 80s and early 90s where the plot wasn't that important. There was a bit more emphasis on the story in MG2, but those games and their stories were really made to stand alone. Those games and their plots weren't developed with the idea of 5 more games continuing the story.

Hell, Kojima didn't even originally plan on making an MGS2, after MGS. But we all know how that story goes.

I wrote something like this in the SE thread last night, but I just try to look at each game individually. Each has its own set of themes and points that it tries to drive across. Trying to figure out the details and motives surrounding every character based on their past and whatnot is just going to lead to contradictions and retcons.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Its kinda sad noone is really discussing the story. I guess though its because noone really has any questions anymore, it does answer all the loose threads, which si good, but no questions to be asked, which is bad.

Here's another question:
    Spoiler:

edited June 2008
    Its kinda sad noone is really discussing the story. I guess though its because noone really has any questions anymore, it does answer all the loose threads, which si good, but no questions to be asked, which is bad.
    Here's one (big endgame spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Edit: Beaten

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • dragonsamadragonsama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

So, do they tell you what happened to Raiden and Rose's baby?

Yes.

No questions? Sorry but they left a couple of big ones open
    Spoiler:

Or I'm looking for too much information.

• Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User
    edited June 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, one more question. Act 3 spoilers.
    Spoiler:

• GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, i'm curious about the beauty and beasts.. not sure if this is spoilery or not but i'll tag it up anyway:
    Spoiler:

My playthrough is a no kills no alerts run, does this count as a kill? I don't want it screwing up my no kills run.

PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • BehemothBehemoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I agree that MGS3 is better overall.

For the first 2 acts it seemed like MGS4 would be much better than MGS3, because the gameplay during those acts was very similar to MGS3, but more refined. But then the game takes a weird turn. It seems to abandon the whole "helping rebels fight the PMCs" concept entirely and rely on weird gimmicky things like the bike segment or fighting gekko.

If the whole game took place in the Middle East or South America, I would definitely consider it better than MGS3.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In fact I think they state thats why they made him.

...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Ending
    Spoiler:

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    So, i'm curious about the beauty and beasts.. not sure if this is spoilery or not but i'll tag it up anyway:
    Spoiler:

My playthrough is a no kills no alerts run, does this count as a kill? I don't want it screwing up my no kills run.
    Spoiler:

worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • BehemothBehemoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited June 2008
    Igort wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Damnit, good thing I decided to take a break after that fight. I'll just reload my save and redo it.
    Spoiler:

PSN | Steam
    ---
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone had a chance to really look over the MGS4 Database yet? I can't because I live in England, and when I downloaded it from the American PlayStation Store I was unable to "unlock" the MGS4 spoilers.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to jot down all the new info that's revealed in it so that I can check it over? People keep having debates about it over at the MetalGearWiki and I can't help but feel like I'm out of the loop, all 'cause SCEE won't get off their ass and add it to the PlayStation Store.

I know it sounds like a daunting task, but I'd really appreciate it...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Damnit, good thing I decided to take a break after that fight. I'll just reload my save and redo it.
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when my Kill Count said "1" as opposed to "0".

edited June 2008
    One more very, very pressing question... Is there anyplace online to find those Metal Gear posters from Act 3. Seriously.

edited June 2008
    Has anyone had a chance to really look over the MGS4 Database yet? I can't because I live in England, and when I downloaded it from the American PlayStation Store I was unable to "unlock" the MGS4 spoilers.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to jot down all the new info that's revealed in it so that I can check it over? People keep having debates about it over at the MetalGearWiki and I can't help but feel like I'm out of the loop, all 'cause SCEE won't get off their ass and add it to the PlayStation Store.

*snip*

Did you replay the entire thing from that bit to get it back to 0?

PSN | Steam
    ---
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited June 2008
    One more very, very pressing question... Is there anyplace online to find those Metal Gear posters from Act 3. Seriously.
    Actually yeah, I've seen them online before. Don't have them saved or hosted anywhere, but they're out there I believe.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
    edited June 2008

*snip*

Naa, I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to tactical saving, so I just kept going. Managed to get a No Alert run so it wasn't a total waste.
    Actually yeah, I've seen them online before. Don't have them saved or hosted anywhere, but they're out there I believe.

What posters are these? I feel I may have missed something...

edited June 2008

*snip*

Naa, I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to tactical saving, so I just kept going. Managed to get a No Alert run so it wasn't a total waste.

Spoiler:

edited June 2008
    Igort wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh, those posters. You should be able to find those quite easily. I think they're all from the same person, who did them all for various special editions of each of the games.

I'll take a look around for you if you want 'em.

EDIT: I lied, I can't find 'em. I'll have another look tomorrow.

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think
    Spoiler:

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think
    Spoiler:

Les Enfants was the first project.
    Spoiler:

edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think
    Spoiler:

Les Enfants was the first project.
    Spoiler:
    Well could be..
    Spoiler:

I never asked for this!
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, problem with my no kill run. After finishing the act I was on.
    Spoiler:

PSN | Steam
    ---
    edited June 2008
    You should just be able to CQC and knock them out I think.

I never asked for this!
  • FynathFynath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Loading one of the shotguns with V Ring ammo will also do the trick since it has a pretty hefty knockback. I think it's possible to even knock out the powered suits, as well, but I can't remember exactly.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    During my Kill Everything run I've basically had Calling to the Night (and occasionally the Snake Eater theme on my computer) on repeat on the game's iPod.

I love that song(s) so damn much, and it makes the rambo runs so fulfilling.

For those that never heard it in Portable Ops, and haven't turned it on in MGS4 then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Celine Dion?

Spoiler:
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    edited June 2008
    august wrote: »
    Celine Dion?
    Natasha Farrow

But she does sound a little like Dion.

DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Tighter than R. Kelly in his teens. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Minor MGS2/MGS4 question about Sunny:
    Spoiler:

They're gonna bury you, they're gonna finish. They're gonna stand 'em up six by six by six.
    edited June 2008
    During my Kill Everything run I've basically had Calling to the Night (and occasionally the Snake Eater theme on my computer) on repeat on the game's iPod.

For those that never heard it in Portable Ops, and haven't turned it on in MGS4 then

Aww man.. Seeing that just reminds me..
    Spoiler:

I never asked for this!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I never asked for this!
  • NiqleNiqle Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, problem with my no kill run. After finishing the act I was on.
    Spoiler:

Just don't shoot them at all, you eventually drive past them.

KalTorak wrote: »
    The Blood God is unamused by your puny antics of food preservation. If you're not scarfing down arugula and cucumber slices in midair while attempting that cordless bungee jump, you're on your own.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Hell yes, this song is so awesome. It's the only song I have play on the Shadow Moses stage in Brawl.

edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I never asked for this!
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Is that why she counts when she cooks?

Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

My Dark Souls 2 Diary Day 6 and 7 Updated
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited June 2008
    I mean really, how does Otacon manage without fail to make me hate him more in each new game that he's in, just when I thought I hated him as much as I could possibly hate a fictional character?