As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Condom search

chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny WhoreOregonRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
It's for a..umm....friend.

Actually, it is. My dearest friend is getting married next week and today found out her implanted birth control has to be taken out tomorrow as it is making her ill. With no time left to really effectively start a new BC, they have to switch to condoms for their honeymoon, and unfortunately, they need some pretty hard to find condoms. Since she's busy with the wedding, I've been put on condom patrol. So I'm looking for - large (wide, and yes we girls talk about these things), non-latex, spermicide-free, non-lube condoms. If anyone could point me towards a brand it would be much appreciated!

tldr; Need large size, non-lube, spermicide free, non-latex condoms - HELP!

chaosisorder on

• BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The chemist?

BoredGamer on
  • KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.condomania.com/

Good luck with that many requirements though.

KMFurDM on
  • BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, chances of finding all of those in one are pretty slim.

BoredGamer on
  • Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    non lube?? why would you want that?

Durandal Infinity on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The spermicidal lubricants can be extremely irritating to some people

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You can get non spermicidal but lubricated

Durandal Infinity on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Beyond7. Made of sheerlon which comes from latex but isn't latex. Or something. Give them a try I did and I absolutely love them.

Shogun on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sheerlon will still cause an allergic reaction in somebody allergic to latex.

What you need is polyurethane. You should be able to find polyurethane condoms in any drugstore, however they may only have one single brand and variety, and they may or may not be lubricated. I think Condomania is your best bet, frankly, but I can't confirm that right now as I'm at work.

Personally, I hate polyurethane condoms. They suck. You really should use those with lube of some kind as they break more easily than latex condoms.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I must add that any condoms without lube will break more easily than condoms with lube, it's a simple matter of friction.

If you can even find a condom that meets those requirements, some other kind of lube will be a must. Hell, sometimes I use a condom with lube, and then add more lube in.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • SpecularitySpecularity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Perhaps you could throw in a diaphragm as just an extra sort of thought? At first they'll think, Oh, haha, look at all our options, but having options available can be really nice.

As for condoms, would lambskin work?

Specularity on
  • ihmmyihmmy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ihmmy on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

lambskin is much much less effective material than your run-of-the-mill latex condom. too high a chance of your swimmers making it through anyways.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • dgs095dgs095 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I must add that any condoms without lube will break more easily than condoms with lube, it's a simple matter of friction.

If you can even find a condom that meets those requirements, some other kind of lube will be a must. Hell, sometimes I use a condom with lube, and then add more lube in.

I was about to agree with this but " then add more lube in" confused me. I always add lube on the exterior of the condom.....the part touching your girlfriend, even thought I buy lubricated condoms.

dgs095 on
  • dgs095dgs095 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's for a..umm....friend.

Actually, it is. My dearest friend is getting married next week and today found out her implanted birth control has to be taken out tomorrow as it is making her ill. With no time left to really effectively start a new BC, they have to switch to condoms for their honeymoon, and unfortunately, they need some pretty hard to find condoms. Since she's busy with the wedding, I've been put on condom patrol. So I'm looking for - large (wide, and yes we girls talk about these things), non-latex, spermicide-free, non-lube condoms. If anyone could point me towards a brand it would be much appreciated!

tldr; Need large size, non-lube, spermicide free, non-latex condoms - HELP!

unless the man in question is hung like a horse, wide shouldn't be an issue. I've used condoms that have a tighter or looser fit then others, but I've never tried one that was actually too big or too small.....

dgs095 on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You don't have to be "hung like a horse" to find that most average-sized condoms are uncomfortably small.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    You don't have to be "hung like a horse" to find that most average-sized condoms are uncomfortably small.

Very true. I am basically average size for a white male (width and length) and almost all condoms are too tight at the base, causing numbness, pain or just general discomfort.

Shurakai on
    edited June 2008

lambskin is much much less effective material than your run-of-the-mill latex condom. too high a chance of your swimmers making it through anyways.

Nein, the danger is that they may not effectively protect against fluid-transferred STIs, such as HIV.

VaginaPagina tells me that two of the popular non-latex brands are Durex Avanti and Trojan Supra, but I don't have any experience with these.

Specularity on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, should have been more specific - they have a lube they already use that is condom safe and water based that doesn't irritate her so they wanted to just skip the lube in the condom part. They're aware friction + condom - any lube = bad plan. And no worry about STDs as we are talking about a monogamous, tested about to be married couple - just looking for one week worth of BC before starting a new pill.

I'll keep the internet search going, but it looks like these particular parameters are pretty demanding. Though the 'large' part doesn't have to say MAGNUM ULTRA HUGE on the box anywhere, and I've learned that lots of condoms are actually wider but don't chrge the prices the advertised 'large' condoms do. Go figure :)

Thanks and please keep an eye out- I've got a week!

chaosisorder on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Durex Avanti are nice, but I don't know how the size will go. No spermicide, no latex, no lubricant (as far as I know, I know we needed to add a bit when normally we wouldn't).

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    just going to pop in here with a semi-relevant question - for what kinda size of penis is a trojan magnum? I recently bought a pack of trojan ultra pleasures, and I can get them on, but not particularly easily. I can't find a size guide for condoms, so any advice?

Charles Kinbote on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    just going to pop in here with a semi-relevant question - for what kinda size of penis is a trojan magnum? I recently bought a pack of trojan ultra pleasures, and I can get them on, but not particularly easily. I can't find a size guide for condoms, so any advice?

Even if you need larger-size condoms, don't get Magnums. Folks in SE++ were talking condoms a bit ago in a thread and when I brought up Magnums they all told me that they're way too thick compared to other brands, and that makes sense because it's hard as hell to get off using them.

DarkPrimus on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So everything seems to be pointing me towards the Avanti, but Durex doesn't seem to be making them - I can't find anywhere with stock in online - anybody know where I can locate some?

Who knew I'd be spending my bridesmaids duties driving all over asking pharmacists about condoms.

chaosisorder on
  • SkronkingDonkeySkronkingDonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What ever happened to the good ol' days of just pulling out!?

Sure you don't get that satisfying final "Thrust" but the look on her face when that errant shot goes straight for the nasal cavity is generally worth it.

That said... your search criteria narrows down the field quiet a bit. I was in the same boat a while back but without having to take latex out of the equation... even then it was challenging.

SkronkingDonkey on
    edited June 2008
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=38455&catid=21300

Those appear to be in stock. You still have long enough for them to ship?

Specularity on
  • SkronkingDonkeySkronkingDonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.condomdepot.com/product/detail.cfm/nid/209/pid/2711

I've had some issues with standard Trojan's being too tight, but here's another option to cover your bases.

SkronkingDonkey on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dgs095 wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »

I was about to agree with this but " then add more lube in" confused me. I always add lube on the exterior of the condom.....the part touching your girlfriend, even thought I buy lubricated condoms.

ya, you misunderstood me. I was talking about the same thing you are.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar