As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best humorous LPs?

1235»

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Does anyone else think it lost steam when he started to just draw the screens instead of taking ones horribly out of context and using those?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SoaL wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it lost steam when he started to just draw the screens instead of taking ones horribly out of context and using those?

No.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That Knytt Stories video was fucking amazing. To everyone else it looks like a crapass net meme, but as someone who has played the actual game, whoever designed that stage is a maniac genius.

Henroid on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait, I need more info about that Knytt stories game.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fuga wrote: »

Holy hell. That was the best Knytt mod EVER.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    UncleSporky? Doesn't he post here as well?

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Holy holy holy crap. That Animal Crossing story was awesome. I had the game for awhile and I just didn't get it. It seemed rather pointless. This explains so much. Makes me glad I traded it in.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can someone explain what really happens in Animal Crossing? I've never played it, but man that story was fucked up.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Can someone explain what really happens in Animal Crossing? I've never played it, but man that story was fucked up.

You run around town doing one of the following:

Digging
    Getting fruit off trees
    Pulling up weeds
    Fishing
    Picking up seashells
    Talking to npc townspeople
    Decorating your house
    Designing t-shirts

Your kind of goal is to pay off your house. That's pretty much it.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What about the whole Penny thing?

Marty81 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That was something the author made up. I don't think Nintendo would have allowed a game like that be released ;-)

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nah, I was just wondering if any character named Penny existed in the actual game, and what her role was there. Also, were there any fights or confrontations in the game?

Marty81 on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nah, I was just wondering if any character named Penny existed in the actual game, and what her role was there. Also, were there any fights or confrontations in the game?

Penny might be the name of the mouse. She's just a towns person. No conflict, no arguments, no confrontations.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

You pay off mortgage after mortgage until you get a giant mansion with too many rooms. You don't have to pay the mortgage if you don't want but eventually you will have too much money and you might as well.

You fill up the museum with paintings, fish, fossils, and bugs. You can also make your own constellations that show up certain times depending on where you make them.

Make friends with animal neighbors, give them shit they want, get shit from them in return, be baffled at the weird things they say. Plant flowers and create hybrid flowers, plant trees, go to other people's towns with Wifi to get fruit you don't have so you can plant more trees. Design clothes buy clothes..

Really I just think it's relaxing as fuck and after a long day I just wanna fish and talk to Peanut about shoes or whatever.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    MandoloreMandolore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Look for Ginger Mijango's LP on hitman blood money on these forums. You'll bust you're ass laughing

Mandolore on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    —Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Urian wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    I wanna be the guy was one of the greatest chronicles of the downfall of a man's psyche trying to conquer the hardest game ever made.

The downfall of a man's psyche? I wanna be the guy? No I think you are confused. That is now a decent into madness.

Hell Temple is

There is not that will ever be as soul crushing as Hell Temple.

Indeed that is impressive. But behold the final chapter in the I wanna be the guy legacy by UltraJMan

No you need to witness the full power of Hell Temple and watch the entire playthrough of it. When you get to the end you will agree nothing will match the cruelty of Hell Temple.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Somehow Hell Temple didn't strike me as that bad. I mean, it was bullshit, but he managed. He only broke down sobbing at the end.

Now, the dude having a nervous breakdown on the crazy japanese mario game and the fellow screaming like a lost soul while playing I Wanna Be The Guy, those were descents into madness.

But I suppose I'm really evaluating the player more than the game, there.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

You pay off mortgage after mortgage until you get a giant mansion with too many rooms. You don't have to pay the mortgage if you don't want but eventually you will have too much money and you might as well.

You fill up the museum with paintings, fish, fossils, and bugs. You can also make your own constellations that show up certain times depending on where you make them.

Make friends with animal neighbors, give them shit they want, get shit from them in return, be baffled at the weird things they say. Plant flowers and create hybrid flowers, plant trees, go to other people's towns with Wifi to get fruit you don't have so you can plant more trees. Design clothes buy clothes..

Really I just think it's relaxing as fuck and after a long day I just wanna fish and talk to Peanut about shoes or whatever.

Someone on this forum (I can't remember who) had the most hours played on Animal Crossing for at least a year. Globally. As in he played more than people in Japan even.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Heh, I just watched a video of the Misadventures of Tron Bonne LP that's going on now at SA. The commentary is alright, but the game looks absolutely adorable. I might just have to find a copy online.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Heh, I just watched a video of the Misadventures of Tron Bonne LP that's going on now at SA. The commentary is alright, but the game looks absolutely adorable. I might just have to find a copy online.

It's been a few years since I've played it, but I recall it being pretty fun.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    theclam wrote: »

Is the only mp3 available the one for part 1? I wanted to listen to the entire thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. The voice acting was amusing.

edit: oh answered

Ranced on
  • Options
    Myself980Myself980 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This mostly just so I have this post marked, but I'm going to nth the Sonic 2k6 LP. Great painful fun listening to them scream in frustration at the homicidal camera or the furry fuel. The challenges are interesting and/or downright frightening, depending on mood.

Myself980 on
    Bad command or cheese. Abort/Retry/French?
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Myself980 wrote: »
    This mostly just so I have this post marked, but I'm going to nth the Sonic 2k6 LP. Great painful fun listening to them scream in frustration at the homicidal camera or the furry fuel. The challenges are interesting and/or downright frightening, depending on mood.

Oh yeah the only way to play that game is in a room with other people.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Myself980 wrote: »

Oh yeah the only way to play that game is in a room with other people.

Brother, you don't know the half of it.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh good lord I am watching La Mulana and... wow I was wrong. This is truly the most epic chronicle of human madness ever recorded. Thank you randombattle.

Urian on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    This is the Color a Dinosaur LP. Knob's finest work, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd-0_ZZ8qc

Oh man. That...that is the best thing.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Let's Play JFK Reloaded

Not technically an LP, but humorous if you read the SA LP subforum
    How to make an LP thread

First appearance of JFK-Ferr

KingMole on