Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[spoilers] for [spoiler] tags

agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HDAvatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
Spoiler:

agoaj on
5cCIDR0.png

Posts

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:
    What about [spilorer], [spoilre], [spioler] and [spoiler[?

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2008
    The safest thing to do is to just have every post in spoilers.

    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

  • agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HD Avatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

    Are you suggesting the gameFAQs system where you have to preview post before you can actually post?

    [spoylars]It didn't work.[slash spaylors]

    5cCIDR0.png
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

    Are you suggesting the gameFAQs system where you have to preview post before you can actually post?

    [spoylars]It didn't work.[slash spaylors]

    No, it's a suggestion that you aren't an idiot before you post. Did you hand type tags? Hit the 'preview post' button instead of the 'submit reply' button to check if you typed correctly. Is it really that big of a deal?

  • agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HD Avatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

    Are you suggesting the gameFAQs system where you have to preview post before you can actually post?

    [spoylars]It didn't work.[slash spaylors]

    No, it's a suggestion that you aren't an idiot before you post. Did you hand type tags? Hit the 'preview post' button instead of the 'submit reply' button to check if you typed correctly. Is it really that big of a deal?

    If someone isn't using the buttons, why would they use the preview? It's just a little extra protection in the system to stop people from freaking out like with MGS4.

    5cCIDR0.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt Damn you, eidetic memory! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    If someone isn't using the buttons, why would they use the preview?

    To ensure that in indulging their quaint prediliction for writing out the tags, they didn't fuck it up?

    Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

    Are you suggesting the gameFAQs system where you have to preview post before you can actually post?

    [spoylars]It didn't work.[slash spaylors]

    No, it's a suggestion that you aren't an idiot before you post. Did you hand type tags? Hit the 'preview post' button instead of the 'submit reply' button to check if you typed correctly. Is it really that big of a deal?

    If someone isn't using the buttons, why would they use the preview? It's just a little extra protection in the system to stop people from freaking out like with MGS4.

    Hit tab twice instead of once, and then hit the spacebar? I don't use the buttons and I'm not incompetent.

  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have [spoilers] and
    Spoiler:

    People posting anything with hand typed tags should use Preview Post. It is a great feature.

    Are you suggesting the gameFAQs system where you have to preview post before you can actually post?

    [spoylars]It didn't work.[slash spaylors]

    No, it's a suggestion that you aren't an idiot before you post. Did you hand type tags? Hit the 'preview post' button instead of the 'submit reply' button to check if you typed correctly. Is it really that big of a deal?

    If someone isn't using the buttons, why would they use the preview? It's just a little extra protection in the system to stop people from freaking out like with MGS4.

    If some guy can't figure out how to use Preview Post before using hand typed spoilers, that guy deserves the punishment that is a result of not using the spoiler system properly.

  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, I do not understand all this hate for people who type tags. Although up until right this second I didn't even notice the spoiler button right there in the quick reply box.

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • HenroidHenroid Gibberish Cold white sand!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This happens a lot in G&T and is pretty frustrating.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This would actually be a great idea

    Bioptic wrote: »
    Lemmings was pro-Communist propeganda. All are created equal, sorted into specific jobs and roles that they will hold for the rest of their lives by a higher authority, and must sacrifice continuously for the good of the group. Success is measured by meeting quotas and nothing else. Also, nuclear holocaust.
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This would actually be a great idea

    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.

  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Smasher wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This would actually be a great idea

    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.

    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt Damn you, eidetic memory! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Man, I do not understand all this hate for people who type tags. Although up until right this second I didn't even notice the spoiler button right there in the quick reply box.
    What hate? There hasn't been any hate at all. Just the acknowledgment that if you don't use the button that automatically does the whole process correctly, you should, y'know, maybe check to make sure you didn't fuck it up by using the preview button. A solution infinitely easier to implement than changing the coding for spoiler tags.

    Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This would actually be a great idea

    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.

    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.
    We do infract for that.

  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This happens a lot in G&T and is pretty frustrating.

    Then you dare complain that someone could give a little context for their spoiler, and get shouted at. Fun times.

  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i just wish that there would be a quick spoiler button in the edit post section (not going advanced in edit post), i made a thread about it in here but it got ignored, so i figured they didn't give much of a shit about it, but it would be handy.

    i find myself often going 'oh man i should have spoiled that' and having to hand type spoiler tags, and if you make a typo then people freak out and it takes too long and blah.

  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:

    This would actually be a great idea

    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.

    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.
    We do infract for that.

    Fooled me.

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    If people are (rightfully) punished for not realizing that the anti-hotlink image is goatse before they post shit, then they should be likewise punished for other similarly stupid behavior.

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:
    This would actually be a great idea
    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.
    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.
    We do infract for that.
    Fooled me.
    You have reported something for being a spoiler exactly once, it wasn't even in tags, and the person who posted it got a serious infraction.

    By which I mean to say: 100% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.

    Hell, 10,000% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.

  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    How about, as a better suggestion, the Spoiler tag has title frame akin to the quote tag
    Spoiler:
    This would actually be a great idea
    Unfortunately this probably wouldn't help much. You can just put a label in front of the spoilers already, and the people who don't do that are the same ones who would ignore the new feature in the first place.
    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.
    We do infract for that.
    Fooled me.
    You have reported something for being a spoiler exactly once, it wasn't even in tags, and the person who posted it got a serious infraction.

    By which I mean to say: 100% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.

    Hell, 10,000% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.

    Man, damn you Than, you cut me to the quick. I'm a busy man and don't have time to report everything. There's just rampant ignorance of the rule, its frustrating.

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Ah, but with such a change, idiots can be infracted. Much like they should be presently.
    We do infract for that.
    Fooled me.
    You have reported something for being a spoiler exactly once, it wasn't even in tags, and the person who posted it got a serious infraction.

    By which I mean to say: 100% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.

    Hell, 10,000% of the spoiler tags posted without context that you reported got infracted.
    Man, damn you Than, you cut me to the quick. I'm a busy man and don't have time to report everything. There's just rampant ignorance of the rule, its frustrating.
    It takes less time to report a post than it does to read one.

  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Does it?
    Spoiler:

    Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    As long as we're talking about spoilers, I would love a return to the "don't fuck with spoiler tags" rule. Or the re-introduction of the realspoiler tag. It seemed like it was working well before.

  • squirlysquirly Registered User
    edited June 2008
    There are people who don't hand-type codes? Like, lots of them?

    In all my years..

    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
Sign In or Register to comment.