As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EVE Online Empyrean Age: Not like the trailer but still really good

• Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    A goon highly suggested Merchi?

Spy

Give him the launch codes, he seems trustworthy.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so hey, i set my clone to spawn at the wang factory or whatever, and am a total noob, etc.

what's this i hear about free isk and ships and such for noobs?

redfenix on
  • Options
    encloserencloser Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    redfenix wrote: »
    so hey, i set my clone to spawn at the wang factory or whatever, and am a total noob, etc.

Rakk gives newbies isk for being newbies. Others may be generous if you ask in corp for help buying a ship or getting on your feet. The "free" ships are part of the fleshreaper program to provide cheap Rifters and Blackbirds for people. You have to buy the ship off Corp Contrcts, but the cost is the same as the insurance payout + insurance, so as long as you get plat insurance on the ship when it explodes you'll get back the same amount of isk you invested. If you are on a trial and can't use Contracts, ask for someone to buy one for you and trade it to you in station.

encloser on
    EVE: Zane Rayez; CoX: Encloser;
    TF2/ETQW: [e]Encloser;
    encloser.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    encloser wrote: »
    redfenix wrote: »

Rakk gives newbies isk for being newbies. Others may be generous if you ask in corp for help buying a ship or getting on your feet. The "free" ships are part of the fleshreaper program to provide cheap Rifters and Blackbirds for people. You have to buy the ship off Corp Contrcts, but the cost is the same as the insurance payout + insurance, so as long as you get plat insurance on the ship when it explodes you'll get back the same amount of isk you invested. If you are on a trial and can't use Contracts, ask for someone to buy one for you and trade it to you in station.

thanks for the info :)

redfenix on
  • Options
    XikulisXikulis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I dropped in an app today, one of my real life friends Courthouse is a current member of Merch. My current pilot is mostly trained in Industrial and Science and I'm mining contently. Looking forward to helping out the cause. My ingame name is also Xikulis.

Xikulis on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You're a pretty bad spy

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How come that rape train has so many of those Amarr BS's?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    XikulisXikulis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You're a pretty bad spy

Hush, you'll blow my bad cover.

Xikulis on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How come that rape train has so many of those Amarr BS's?

they dont have to reload in high lag environments. which is 99.99% of all battles. part of the reason i quit. i was a max specced inty/dictor pilot and on top of them nerfing my speed i couldnt even tackle crap properly in the lag. it was a fun game in small groups but i didnt have the time to dedicate to roving gangs and scheduled ops were unplayable for the most part.

goonfleet is a completely different game than any other alliance and i think it was mainly the atmosphere they cultivate that made me stick around so long. they make even a shitty 4 hours gatecamp fun somehow.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    KaelVolorusKaelVolorus Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    In game name Vysha Karolev. On day 10 of 2 week trial, upgrading to full version when it runs out. Interested in joining Merch. Been a lurker of somethingawful since october 07, been reading PA since like.. 03. See you guys in game!

KaelVolorus on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sigh. Ive done the trial twice and each time find myself lost and bored. Then I come into these threads and all I can think about is space warfare. Who knows what will come of me.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I logged on last night just in time to change my skill to something other than GBS5 (Starship Command 5). I feel like crap for not playing more but the game was crashing like a bitch and now I know it was because of my video card. New video card will be here Wednesday, might try to play some more then. :)

KiTA on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So this game used to run pretty well as long as I kept Premium Graphics off, on my shitty GeForce 8400 GS that came with my computer. No complaints about the performance at all.

Now it seems that I can't do ANYTHING without horrible crippling lag. Even logging in to change my skills takes forever. When I go to log out, I hit escape and the menu shows up in about 10-15 seconds, the screen gradually bluring/fading like it normally does one step at a time every 3-4 seconds.

I tried messing with the cache size option, it's currently set to off though I tried using it on as well, no luck there. Any ideas how I might be able to actually start playing again?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright... here I am again, in an EVE thread. I swear I'll get this right one day and actually stick around. D:

[edit]

I'm grabbing EVE the EVE demo through Steam, is this advisable? I noticed that the sys reqs on the Steam page were the recommended one for the standard graphics and not the premium ones, does anyone know if I can upgrade the graphics later?

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    KorebanKoreban Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There is an upgrade available from the eve-online.com download section that is just for classic to premium graphics. I think it runs about 600MB.

Koreban on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Koreban wrote: »
    There is an upgrade available from the eve-online.com download section that is just for classic to premium graphics. I think it runs about 600MB.

Ah yeah, I saw that... but I wasn't sure if it'd work on the Steam version. Not sure if there's anything different about the Steam version, all I saw was the shiny "21 day" trial, vs the 14 day the site gives you...

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok... post-PAX and seeing the terminals that CCP had set up with fully level 5 accounts and the Devs online spawning Titans for folks, I was LURED back into thinking about EVE.

Oh god oh god let me back in! I was Tasshik Soma back in the day. I desire deeply to get back to fucking people up with Da Rapier and so forth. See you all in SPACE again soon enough! I think I last logged off cloaked somewhere insanely deep into BoB-slavecorp territory and will probably have a hell of a time getting back to E-PROS, but hey!

Also what the hell happened to the old MerchI forums, and what can I do if my GF forums login stuff is completely lost/inactive?

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, winter is coming up, time to look into something to play. How is the ratting around Epros. Might roll up a new one and make my way out to salvage etc, not sure if the person I had gave my guy to is still around.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Hmm, winter is coming up, time to look into something to play. How is the ratting around Epros. Might roll up a new one and make my way out to salvage etc, not sure if the person I had gave my guy to is still around.

Everyone in Eve is Nazi when it comes to salvaging.

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    [EDIT]

Moved my question to the more active EVE thread in the MMO subforum.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, I just realized that I am in a bit of trouble. I got my ass to EPROS, but realized that I`d been kicked from Merch for inactivity I guess. Now... the offices are all 50-some jumps up in Empire, and I can`t access the clone bays anywhere in Goonspace because they don`t like the default corp! Argh.

Solution?

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If you're docked in E-pr0s, you can apply to merchi through our office in that station.

If you aren't docked... err, well, a director could let you dock if you catch them on.

Bremen on
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is there an updated full list of Merch offices anywhere?

I am sitting in Orvolle VI right now, and it appears there is no longer an office here.

I am looking to re-apply. Had a char in Merch last winter, stopped playing due to travel arrangements, looking to join again with a diff. char.

There is a Goon office here, but no Merch.

All the other offices are at least 20 some odd jumps away, with some low-sec in between...not that I really care, would just prefer something closer and easier.

Anybody know?

Turner on
  • Options
    encloserencloser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Turner wrote: »
    I am sitting in Orvolle VI right now, and it appears there is no longer an office here.

Pretty sure we still have an office next door in Osmeden. Not sure which station since I am at work.

encloser on
    EVE: Zane Rayez; CoX: Encloser;
    TF2/ETQW: [e]Encloser;
    encloser.png
  • Options
    EverybodyLovesKyleEverybodyLovesKyle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Downloading the trial now! I'm pretty psyched to play.

EverybodyLovesKyle on
  • Options
    EverybodyLovesKyleEverybodyLovesKyle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Took me forever to get to Arton to apply! Maybe it wasn't the closest, lol. So yeah...I just applied.

EverybodyLovesKyle on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I recently applied for membership into Merch. I am however completely unfamiliar with this game. My characters name is Aldar Ineeri, and I am a Caldari industrialist engineer. I am only running the 14 day trial at the moment but I am looking for a longer term MMO to play.

Drop me a line in game. I will probably be playing tonight and tomorrow night.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    darkfool81darkfool81 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We should update our list of offices.

darkfool81 on
    giacomo.jpg
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys, I just signed up for the trial and sort of got rolling last night. I beta'd EVE way back when but got caught up in other MMO's since. I'd love to come back and play with a corp, especially PA folks. I can usually only play 1-2 hours a night, do you think this is feasible while still enjoying the game? I figured the real-time skill training would work out perfectly since I can't put in large amounts of playtime in one sitting anymore. I'd love to hop into IRC or TS or Vent and talk to someone about the game and figure out what a good niche would be. I'll try to find a place to apply to the corp. tonight; I'm in Gallente space with the noob ship trying to remember how everything works.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God I miss this game, I just cannot get it to run decently anymore. It used to go pretty smooth but now it's like I don't even have a graphics card anymore, if I hover over somebody's name in chat or try to click a button, it takes about 5 seconds before I see their name light up or the button respond. I updated my drivers and lowered the graphics settings and everything, no effect. I can't even undock now, I just log in to pay monthly member dues and train skills.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi, all. I'd like to join, or at least apply, but am having trouble finding an office that isn't defunct. Anybody know of a current MERCH office, preferably somewhere close to Amarr space?

Edit: Nevermind - got it. Application inbound.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    MarlinspikeMarlinspike Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey all.

Curious about my current situation, and whether it's kosher for me to apply here.

Groon's having a recruiting drive over at SA, so I joined up with them. Despite being a rather enjoyable group of people, I'd like to join up with yall and partake in all the cool stuff that only goes down in massive alliances.

Would this be possible? Or do I scream ZOMGSPYLOLZ because of my brief stint in the Greater Goon?

Marlinspike on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey all.

Curious about my current situation, and whether it's kosher for me to apply here.

Groon's having a recruiting drive over at SA, so I joined up with them. Despite being a rather enjoyable group of people, I'd like to join up with yall and partake in all the cool stuff that only goes down in massive alliances.

Would this be possible? Or do I scream ZOMGSPYLOLZ because of my brief stint in the Greater Goon?

get out, no really no groon taint allowed. Your kind was removed for a reason.

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    After reading Quantum of Rise expansion notes, I'm scared of some of these changes. CCP just turned EvE up-side down raped it silly.

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    grooooooooooooon

and yeah quantum rise may make for a ton of variation or none at all, no one knows

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It is now my goal in life to ram a Titan with a Capital Industrial ship. Orcas awaaaaaaaaay!

Antithesis on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Antithesis wrote: »
    It is now my goal in life to ram a Titan with a Capital Industrial ship. Orcas awaaaaaaaaay!

Free Willy!

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ethea wrote: »
    get out, no really no groon taint allowed. Your kind was removed for a reason.

Good to know my two day stint as a groon as turned me into a godless heathen.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

Marlinspike on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Are you in Goonfleet currently? Or are/were you in Groon when they were kicked?

If the answer is that you are in Goonfleet and not being kicked out then yes, you can probably join. If the answer was that you were in Groon and are trying to get back into the swarm after Groon was kicked the answer is definitely no.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Are you in Goonfleet currently? Or are/were you in Groon when they were kicked?

If the answer is that you are in Goonfleet and not being kicked out then yes, you can probably join. If the answer was that you were in Groon and are trying to get back into the swarm after Groon was kicked the answer is definitely no.

To clarify, Groon's having a recruiting drive over on SA. Having had absolutely no experience at all with eve, I decided to join up. I'm still on my Trial, in fact.

e: This probably shows how green I am when it comes to eve politics. Never mentioning Groon at all and starting a new trial would probably have been the best way to get in.

Marlinspike on