Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The American Presidency: This Thread Is 'Inartful'.

tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSLBjA2R0w
First Read wrote:
He did not answer the first part of the question directly and later Obama, who said he had not spoken with Clark, seemed to bristle when asked why he had not talked with him and whether he felt the former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO owed McCain an apology, suggesting voters had more pressing matters on their minds.

"I guess my question is why, given all the vast numbers of things that we've got to work on, that that would be a top priority of mine?” he said. “I think that, you know, right now we're here to talk about how we can make sure that kids in Zanesville and across Ohio get the kind of support that they need and communities that are impoverished can start to rebuild. I'm happy to have all sorts of conversations about how we deal with Iraq and what happens with Iran, but the fact that somebody on a cable show or on a news show like Gen. Clark said something that was inartful about Sen. McCain I don’t think is probably the thing that is keeping Ohioans up at night."

And from Connecticut via kos:

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joseph Lieberman is handling his job as United States senator?

Approve 45 (52)
Disapprove 43 (35)

That's a 15-point downward swing in support, from +17 approval to +2.

The crosstabs:
[FONT=Courier New]            Tot  Rep  Dem  Ind [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Approve     45   70   26   47 [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Disapprove  43   18   62   39[/FONT]

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
Spoiler:
3DS: 2406-5451-5770
«13456763

Posts

  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited July 2008
    does CT have recall elections for senators or do we have to wait until like

    what is it, 2010?

    16kakxt.jpg
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    It's time for Joe to make his move! He's been bidin' his time.

  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Okay, finally home.

    On Clark: It's not hypocritical for him to have praised Kerry's service in 2004 and said that McCain's service doesn't apply to being president because he's talking about two seperate things. He freely acknowledges that military experiences grant character and courage that are things that are looked for by voters. In that way, both Kerry and McCain's military experiences are applicable. The very narrow focus that Clark was actually embracing (and doing a horrible job of enunciating) is that McCain is touting his POW-dom as a factor to his credit in strategic and foreign policy decisions, and Clark is explaining that you only earn that particular sort of XP from theatre-level command, such as General Clark had, where you're pushing cool little miniatures around on a map and deciding what troops need to be put in danger and what local warlords need to be appeased so that all the missions get accomplished. It's clear to me that he's taking on the specific claim that McCain touts, not his overall experience.

    On faith-based initiatives: Some clarification is in order. The government money is only usable for the specific charitable programs, and any human resources hired out of the government's money pot cannot be hired based on faith or lack of same. If an athiest is clearly best for the job, and Those Fucking Unitarians hire a Unitarian for their gay & lesbian outreach program, then the athiest can petition the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives to investigate and rectify the situation. The money also cannot be used for proselytization purposes. The reason the Bush OoF-BI sucked is because it had no oversight and they were using it to give handouts to Bush-serving fundie wack-jobs like Sun Myung Moon (the money probably went to prop up the Washington Times, now that I think about it). I seem to remember that David Kuo had an awesome appearance on The Daily Show about this stuff. If Obama fixes the office and implements the level of transparency that he's (ahem) clearly interested in implementing, it will be fucking difficult for a cloned Cheney homonculus or whatever the Republicans send up to the White House next to dismantle without looking extra, extra sketchy.

    The benefit of using churches is that it utilizes existing infrastructure, so it's cost-effective. We like cost-effective, yes? Also, y'all don't seem to be up-in-arms over the fact that churches are already essentially subsidized by the government because they pay no taxes.

    Finally, in closing...
    Spoiler:

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »
    does CT have recall elections for senators or do we have to wait until like

    what is it, 2010?

    2012

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »
    does CT have recall elections for senators or do we have to wait until like

    what is it, 2010?

    2012

    gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    16kakxt.jpg
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Heh, a kid I work with gave me a fist-bump earlier today, and when I said "oh no, now we're terrorists!" he was confused. I explained to him the whole terrorist-fist-jab hullabaloo, and he said to me, in all seriousness, "well, we don't really know. I mean, he claims to be a Christian, but he was raised a Muslim. Who knows what he was taught."

    My urge to kill was held back only by the knowledge that he wasn't old enough to vote yet.

    I'm getting so burned out on politics; any time someone brings up the subject I end up spending 90% of the conversation correcting misinformation and outright ignorance. I guess I should be happy that people are actively seeking me out as a source of political knowledge, but god dammit people can we talk about something other than omg-secret-muslim?

    I hate living in west Michigan [strike]sometimes[/strike] pretty much all the time. I can only hope the level of discussion around here goes up a few notches once the campaign season is in full swing.

    [Edit] - I switched my vote from Richardson in the last round to Sebelius in this one. For some stupid reason I can't put my finger on, I reallly like Bill Richardson even though I disagree with him on several big points. I wish I knew what it was so I could purge it from my brain and embrace the cold unfeeling logic that tells me I agree with Sebelius more.

  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    This video really puts into perspective a few things:
    1) The MSM really, really hates down time
    2) Military fetishism in this country is really out of hand
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.
    4) Where the fuck is this so-called liberal media when you need it?
    5) McCainophiles are really scared of people getting the main idea of Clark's statement in their heads.

    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Okay, looks like it might be a lymphoma wristband.

    lymphomaband_sm.jpg

    And, seriously, there are way too many causes with wristbands. I'm surprised I don't have one that donates money to me to help pay for gas, food, and games.

    tea-1.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    It's time for Joe to make his move! He's been bidin' his time.

    I hate to admit thats what prompted me to vote for joe this go round.

  • redxredx East Bumblefuck, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Limed for lymphoma?

    All I've got is a snuggle hammer.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    This video really puts into perspective a few things:
    1) The MSM really, really hates down time
    2) Military fetishism in this country is really out of hand
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.
    4) Where the fuck is this so-called liberal media when you need it?
    5) McCainophiles are really scared of people getting the main idea of Clark's statement in their heads.

    I was about to post that. Yay media!

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Heh, a kid I work with gave me a fist-bump earlier today, and when I said "oh no, now we're terrorists!" he was confused. I explained to him the whole terrorist-fist-jab hullabaloo, and he said to me, in all seriousness, "well, we don't really know. I mean, he claims to be a Christian, but he was raised a Muslim. Who knows what he was taught."

    My urge to kill was held back only by the knowledge that he wasn't old enough to vote yet.

    I'm getting so burned out on politics; any time someone brings up the subject I end up spending 90% of the conversation correcting misinformation and outright ignorance. I guess I should be happy that people are actively seeking me out as a source of political knowledge, but god dammit people can we talk about something other than omg-secret-muslim?

    I hate living in west Michigan [strike]sometimes[/strike] pretty much all the time. I can only hope the level of discussion around here goes up a few notches once the campaign season is in full swing.

    The fact that being a muslim is considered a negative at all is probably the most discouraging aspect of it. It shouldn't fucking matter in the first place, but oh noes terrorist cells in the legislature!!! Grah!

    tea-1.jpg
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    That he doesn't mind if we have a permanent military presence in the Middle East, which is a really fucking stupid thing to do?

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Heh, a kid I work with gave me a fist-bump earlier today, and when I said "oh no, now we're terrorists!" he was confused. I explained to him the whole terrorist-fist-jab hullabaloo, and he said to me, in all seriousness, "well, we don't really know. I mean, he claims to be a Christian, but he was raised a Muslim. Who knows what he was taught."

    My urge to kill was held back only by the knowledge that he wasn't old enough to vote yet.

    I'm getting so burned out on politics; any time someone brings up the subject I end up spending 90% of the conversation correcting misinformation and outright ignorance. I guess I should be happy that people are actively seeking me out as a source of political knowledge, but god dammit people can we talk about something other than omg-secret-muslim?

    I hate living in west Michigan [strike]sometimes[/strike] pretty much all the time. I can only hope the level of discussion around here goes up a few notches once the campaign season is in full swing.

    The fact that being a muslim is considered a negative at all is probably the most discouraging aspect of it. It shouldn't fucking matter in the first place, but oh noes terrorist cells in the legislature!!! Grah!

    Agreed, and the most frustrating aspect for me is deciding which aspect of the argument to lead with - "He's not a Muslim" or "What the fuck does it matter anyway?"

  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    He got an opportunity to adequately explain himself on The Daily Show, and he did so pretty well (He seems to speak better off-the-cuff than in a prewritten speech, which oddly enough is basically the exact opposite of Obama). I mean, if you want to say that The Daily Show isn't part of the left-leaning liberal media or whatever, that's fine I guess.

    vvvvvv-dithw.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    Several people here mocked those who took it out of context and also called McCain stupid for wanting a sustained troop presence in the middle east for 100 years full on Euro-zone peace or asplosions regardless.

    Besides, I sorta thought that conservatives didn't like the notion of an American empire overseas. America First, Balkans 895th! Or something.

    tea-1.jpg
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    That he doesn't mind if we have a permanent military presence in the Middle East, which is a really fucking stupid thing to do?

    Nah, that he's somehow bellicose or that all things being equal, he'd prefer it.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Poll'd.

    Let it be known I don't really like any of these options.

    Who had you been supporting previously?

    Schwietzer. Webb before his chicks-in-the-military comments were released. I still like Clark, but that won't happen now.

    You can't be stealing our governor. We're not done with him yet.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Heh, a kid I work with gave me a fist-bump earlier today, and when I said "oh no, now we're terrorists!" he was confused. I explained to him the whole terrorist-fist-jab hullabaloo, and he said to me, in all seriousness, "well, we don't really know. I mean, he claims to be a Christian, but he was raised a Muslim. Who knows what he was taught."

    My urge to kill was held back only by the knowledge that he wasn't old enough to vote yet.

    I'm getting so burned out on politics; any time someone brings up the subject I end up spending 90% of the conversation correcting misinformation and outright ignorance. I guess I should be happy that people are actively seeking me out as a source of political knowledge, but god dammit people can we talk about something other than omg-secret-muslim?

    I hate living in west Michigan [strike]sometimes[/strike] pretty much all the time. I can only hope the level of discussion around here goes up a few notches once the campaign season is in full swing.

    The fact that being a muslim is considered a negative at all is probably the most discouraging aspect of it. It shouldn't fucking matter in the first place, but oh noes terrorist cells in the legislature!!! Grah!

    Agreed, and the most frustrating aspect for me is deciding which aspect of the argument to lead with - "He's not a Muslim" or "What the fuck does it matter anyway?"

    'He's a Christian, why does it matter?' is my token response because it refutes the claim and sorta promotes navel gazing about being afraid of/hating on muslims. Xenophobic navel gazing.

    tea-1.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    It's time for Joe to make his move! He's been bidin' his time.

    that was terrible, elks

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    I thought Obama and Clinton's continuous reiteration of an obvious McCain gaffe during the primaries was pretty embarrassing actually.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Richy wrote: »

    Still can't compete with Vitter-Craig demanding respect for the sanctity of marriage. We are living in the Onion.

    tea-1.jpg
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

    I can't even watch 3 minutes of that. This makes me really goddamn sad about the state of journalism in the country.

    linksig.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yakul wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    3) Republicans (and really, a lot of MSM talking heads) need to learn to read and/or completely listen to people, and maybe try not thinking the worst of people.

    I think that statement is applicable to people in general. I didn't see the left lining up to pore over the context of McCain's "100 years" comment, for example.

    I thought Obama and Clinton's continuous reiteration of an obvious McCain gaffe during the primaries was pretty embarrassing actually.

    I wish they had framed it right. Empire, not 100 years of war. Ah well.

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That he doesn't mind if we have a permanent military presence in the Middle East, which is a really fucking stupid thing to do?

    Nah, that he's somehow bellicose or that all things being equal, he'd prefer it.

    He tried to put it in context by comparing the future of Iraq to the way Korea is now, sorta skipping over the fact that it's going to take years (probably more than 5) to "stabilize" the country. Having permanent bases over there isn't going to help with stabilization either. Personally, I think his 100 years comment reflects more on his desire to have us in constant conflict in the middle east. Because that's exactly what putting down permanent bases is going to imply and engender.

    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited July 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    'He's a Christian, why does it matter?' is my token response because it refutes the claim and sorta promotes navel gazing about being afraid of/hating on muslims. Xenophobic navel gazing.
    Maybe I’m odd, but I’ve never found my navel terribly interesting or attractive.

    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hopefully Obama is working up a speech to deal with this, because he clearly can't count on Clark to sort this out at this point. As big of a bone headed, and horribly timed, blunder as this was, now that we're here this might be an opportunity for Obama to focus attention on the legitimate attack against McCain.

    His experience shouldn't give him a free pass on promoting horrible foreign policy, and if Obama can get the mainstream media to finally take a critical look at what McCain is saying, he's going to go a long way to completely de-toothing McCain.

  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    galenblade wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

    I can't even watch 3 minutes of that. This makes me really goddamn sad about the state of journalism in the country.

    That's not journalism, it's a long string of pundits trying to stir up shit.

    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

    I can't even watch 3 minutes of that. This makes me really goddamn sad about the state of journalism in the country.

    That's not journalism, it's a long string of pundits trying to stir up shit.

    Which would be fine, if it wasn't the only thing approaching journalism far too many Americans get.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    'He's a Christian, why does it matter?' is my token response because it refutes the claim and sorta promotes navel gazing about being afraid of/hating on muslims. Xenophobic navel gazing.
    Maybe I’m odd, but I’ve never found my navel terribly interesting or attractive.

    That's because your navel isn't bigoted.

    tea-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Hopefully Obama is working up a speech to deal with this, because he clearly can't count on Clark to sort this out at this point. As big of a bone headed, and horribly timed, blunder as this was, now that we're here this might be an opportunity for Obama to focus attention on the legitimate attack against McCain.

    His experience shouldn't give him a free pass on promoting horrible foreign policy, and if Obama can get the mainstream media to finally take a critical look at what McCain is saying, he's going to go a long way to completely de-toothing McCain.

    Haha, you must be new here. The "liberal media" is going to treat this issue like any other concerning McCain, namely using it to toss his salad. Saying they're fellating him wouldn't do justice to the stupidity that pundits have descended to.

    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What is the blunder? Why is it horribly timed?

    Being walkers with the dawn and morning,
    Walkers with the sun and morning, we are not afraid of night,
    Nor days of gloom, nor darkness -
    Being walkers with the sun and morning.
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Wesley Clark Hyperventorama, courtesy of TPM: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202341.php

    Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

    I can't even watch 3 minutes of that. This makes me really goddamn sad about the state of journalism in the country.

    That's not journalism, it's a long string of pundits trying to stir up shit.

    BLAAAAAGGGH.

    That is the only response I could gather.

  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited July 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    'He's a Christian, why does it matter?' is my token response because it refutes the claim and sorta promotes navel gazing about being afraid of/hating on muslims. Xenophobic navel gazing.
    Maybe I’m odd, but I’ve never found my navel terribly interesting or attractive.
    That's because your navel isn't bigoted.
    My navel says you don’t know anything.

    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    What is the blunder? Why is it horribly timed?

    Not allowing McCain to wave his military experience wang around freely, and it's horribly timed because it's never a good time to raise legitimate questions about a person's military service unless the person is a Democrat.

    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The media isn't so liberal or partisan at all, most of the time. The only thing it sides with is sensationalism. They just want to jump onto a story that they think will get ratings.

    Theft 4 Bread
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I guess.

    Whatever.

    Being walkers with the dawn and morning,
    Walkers with the sun and morning, we are not afraid of night,
    Nor days of gloom, nor darkness -
    Being walkers with the sun and morning.
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    werehippy wrote: »
    Hopefully Obama is working up a speech to deal with this, because he clearly can't count on Clark to sort this out at this point. As big of a bone headed, and horribly timed, blunder as this was, now that we're here this might be an opportunity for Obama to focus attention on the legitimate attack against McCain.

    His experience shouldn't give him a free pass on promoting horrible foreign policy, and if Obama can get the mainstream media to finally take a critical look at what McCain is saying, he's going to go a long way to completely de-toothing McCain.

    Haha, you must be new here. The "liberal media" is going to treat this issue like any other concerning McCain, namely using it to toss his salad. Saying they're fellating him wouldn't do justice to the stupidity that pundits have descended to.

    I'm well aware the media has a huge stiffy for McCain.

    I also know the only thing they love more than blowing him is creating controversy where there is none. So if the idea of questioning McCain's experience in terms of command readiness and how valid his foreign policy is in an objective sense takes root, the very fact the media hasn't stopped fawning over him will get the tons of discussion coverage with dueling talking heads. And given pretty much every military leader who isn't insane hates the McCain/Bush strategy, we can get same damn fine surrogates out there hammering him, hopefully without putting their foot in their mouth like Clark did.

«13456763
This discussion has been closed.