As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Elebits DS: gorgeous 2D art woo!

plufimplufim DrRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
So IGN just announced Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero.
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero, is a direct sequel to the Wii game. It takes place in the same universe as the original title where humans live in harmony with tiny beings who serve as energy sources. In this adventure, players are sent off to track omega Elebits critters, critters who hold magic powers that'll help you on your quest. You'll have to solve puzzles to reveal hidden paths, freeze flowing water, and turn darkness into light by using the special abilities of each type of Elebits characters.

Though currently details on Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero are a bit light right now, we do know that the Nintendo DS version will feature an additional multiplayer option. It will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service so that players can compete head-to-head over the internet. Locally, the game will feature four-player battles.

Sounds like it has potential, and it looks fantastic.

elebits-2-20080701090600699.jpg
elebits-2-20080701090550968.jpg
elebits-2-20080701090555170_640w.jpg

I was a HUGE fan of the introduction artwork in the first game, and it seems that this game is based somewhat on that art style.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
steam_sig.png
plufim on

• Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Actually looks kind of nice.

I'll consider it once I hear more about it.

All it needs now is to not have any voice acting at all, which is a pretty safe bet.

slash000 on
  • Options
    MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It looks like this one will go from the city streets to the forests in search of different critters with powers and involve time travel of some sort...sounds familiar I suppose...but the first game wasn't known for it's great story either.

I wish it would've been on wii though. As nice as the touch screen, dual screen, and portability will probably be, nothing will probably be as fun as the interactivity you had with the wii remote in the console version.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MJ wrote: »
    It looks like this one will go from the city streets to the forests in search of different critters with powers and involve time travel of some sort...sounds familiar I suppose...but the first game wasn't known for it's great story either.

I wish it would've been on wii though. As nice as the touch screen, dual screen, and portability will probably be, nothing will probably be as fun as the interactivity you had with the wii remote in the console version.

They'll probably do another game in the series for the Wii eventually.

slash000 on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elebits is cool.

This news is cool.

This game should be cool.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Needs less voice acting and stupid missions where you can't make noise or whatever/have to reset your game because you manage to block up things with things you can't lift yet.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    • Kid left alone
    • Kid find's Dad's gun
    • Kid goes on shooting spree
    • ?????
    • Child friendly video game!

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Needs less voice acting and stupid missions where you can't make noise or whatever/have to reset your game because you manage to block up things with things you can't lift yet.

Based on the one-paragraph blurb, it sounds less like the Wii hide-and-go-seek-athon and more like an adventurey use-your-abilities-to-find-the-path game - I'm thinking Zeldaesque puzzles without the combat.

And with awesome graphics.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    • Kid left alone
    • Kid find's Dad's gun
    • Kid goes on shooting spree
    • ?????
    • Child friendly video game!
    I wonder if this was the sales pitch for the game...

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why is Ash Ketchum in this game? Is he catching Elebits now?

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well by now I'm sure Ash has "caught them all" so he's moved on to bigger (smaller) fish to fry!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I loved Elebits... But man, I do wish this were on the Wii. I can't seem to fully enjoy action oriented games on a handheld console. I can deal with RPGs and stuff, because it's a small screen... But I like being able to see everything around me in more than a 250x250 pixel width.

That said I'll probably buy this game, and play it once or twice... And let it sit on my shelf.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The concept of freezing flowing water or other powers from the various types of elebits seems kinda Golden Sun-ish.

But I guess those 3 red dots in the upper left indicate something more actiony?

Dr Mario Kart on