As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wheelchair Taxi Services in Seattle

parabolaparabola Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in PAX Archive
So I need a wheelchair taxi from the amtrak depot to my hotel. I think I used Cabulance last time, it cost me an arm and a leg, but I can only afford to give up the leg.

Are there cheaper services?

parabola on

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the majority of the seattle metro busses are wheelchair equiped, you might have more luck taking a bus than trying to get a wheelchair capable taxi to the hotel.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    the majority of the seattle metro busses are wheelchair equiped, you might have more luck taking a bus than trying to get a wheelchair capable taxi to the hotel.

Have a link where I can find the correct bus route?

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/4-NVeNyHAKYWq2oor4 <--- thats the route to drive there, I think.

EDIT: is this it? http://transit.metrokc.gov/

parabola on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yup, the metro link is correct :)

Edit: also on your mapquest link, the front of the bus/train station is down on king street (just one street down from where the start Star is now).

The metro trip planer should be able to accept "King street station" as a starting point input.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This route only works WEEKDAYS between 5am-7pm when the bus tunnel is OPEN... when its not open the busses move all around and confuse me...

On the south side of the train station, there is a skybridge that crosses over the tracks & connects to 4th Ave. I believe it is wheelchair friendly. If you take that skybridge, and go east across 4th Ave S, you'll come to an entrance to the Seattle Metro Bus Tunnel on your left (its between 4th Ave S & 5th Ave S, hard to miss). This is the "International District Station".

If you go down into the Metro Bus Tunnel, you can get on any bus heading in the northbound direction... all busses in the tunnel stop at all tunnel stations. If you ride the bus north, you'll want to get off at the fourth station at the end of the tunnel, the open air "Convention Center Station".

Taking the elevator at Convention Center Station will bring you up right about on the corner of 9th & Pine. Your hotel would be about 1.5 blocks West down Pine street.

If its between 6am & 7pm, this is in the "free ride zone" for busses downtown and it costs nothing. That might be only M-F? Metro site says "daily"... I dunno I dont take the bus on weekends.

nearlysober on
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If he's taking the same train as everyone else, I believe the transit tunnel will be closed at the hour we arrive due to testing of the light rail system. There are several online bus trip planners, I'd just check the route on google maps set to public transportation closer to when you're going to arrive to verify what bus to take, it doesn't have route info for the end of August yet.

For PAX '09 you should be able to take the metro train instead of the bus, but they probably aren't going to have it open to the public yet by the time of PAX '08.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm actually busing down, but same area.

Thanks for the infos.

parabola on
This discussion has been closed.